Raspberry tea/tablets - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tuesdat

#1 of 8 Old 11-30-2015, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Raspberry tea/tablets

When do you start taking them? I for the life of me cannot remember if it was something I took the whole time or started around 20 weeks

Me 24 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 DH 28. First 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-01-2015, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I started with once cup a day at 28 weeks, and then added a cup every 4 weeks until birth. I made a big pitcher of it and tossed in a bag of peach passion tea to make it taste better. I sweetened it with honey or agave syrup and drank it cold. I had a VBAC 1st time vaginal birth and I pushed out baby in under an hour. Which was nice after 7 hours of transition.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
#3 of 8 Old 12-01-2015, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some professionals will say not to drink in the first trimester, but others will say that one cup is fine in the first trimester per day. I did a cup a day of pregnancy tea with my daughter, and I started drinking it again this week (9 weeks tomorrow). It's a blend of a few things, so the amount of Red Raspberry leaf is going to be lower than in a straight tea.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09

#4 of 8 Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I done tablets last time, just couldn't remember when I started. Had a nice easy labor with my first, so just want to do everything the same again this time!

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
Second
#5 of 8 Old 01-12-2016, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
not to hijack the post or anything but does anyone have any experience with other teas? Like dandelion root or anything like that? I'm switching from my usual non-pregnant green tea to some herbals and was wondering what everyone is drinking right now...
#6 of 8 Old 02-24-2016, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsubrosa View Post
not to hijack the post or anything but does anyone have any experience with other teas? Like dandelion root or anything like that? I'm switching from my usual non-pregnant green tea to some herbals and was wondering what everyone is drinking right now...
@imsubrosa , there are a few herbs that are generally known to be safe to take during pregnancy, such as: raspberry leaf tea, chamomile, nettle leaf, peppermint, citrus peel, etc. Generally, the mild leafy and flower teas. Roots and detox herbs can be a bit trickier. Your body is already doing so much and has extra blood that it needs to filter, redirecting your bodies resources would probably be best under the care of an herbalist. (Disclosure, I am not a Western herbalist, but I am a Chinese medicine herbalist & I LOVE western herbs too :)
imsubrosa likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 02-25-2016, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Last time I had it during the last trimester only but perhaps I will start early this time and go for a cup a day from now on. I am thinking of nettle tea too, what does it taste like?
#8 of 8 Old 02-26-2016, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Well I started on my tablets last week (16 weeks along). I didn't know they were high in magnesium! I had to start taking magnesium since I was getting horrible leg cramps. Today I went to a lesser form though, since the strong stuff just was not going down well.

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
Second

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page