Nursing moms? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nursing moms?

Who else is still nursing? DS is 20m snd we are cutting way back because I feel like the pregnancy is causing an aversion to it. :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 12-27-2015, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey there! I am nursing my two and a half year old. I just had to (mostly) night wean her and am trying to really cut back on daytime nursing...trying to go as slow as comfortable. I have super sensitive nipples, and I am hoping to not tandem nurse this time around just because I have low nutrient reserves and it is exhausting fo me...With my last pregnancy I only had an actual aversion if I was deficient in vitamins/minerals and supplementing or focusing on that type of food. It helped a lot.
I saw your other posts....do you do autoimmune paleo? Or some other kid of dietary restriction? We have been battling food intolerances and chronic inflammation and lyme, so I feel like trying to decipher food cravings and aversions is so important.
Hopefully you are feeling better by now! This board is pretty light on comments...
#3 of 13 Old 12-31-2015, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am still nursing my son who will be two in late January. I have noticed my breasts have become noticeably smaller, (I think around 8 weeks preg,) so I am unsure if I still produce milk, or if I am producing a reduced amount. I have never produced much with a pump and my son is not very verbal yet, so it is hard to tell. He does not seem discouraged, and I have not yet experienced any aversions.

I am thinking about doing Jay Gordon's Gentle Night Weaning during my second trimester. I had a lot of discomfort due to some pubic symphysis separation issues with my last pregnancy, so I am worried if I have the same, I will not be able to handle night nursing on my side. I am still a bit on the fence though, and may just wait to see how things go. My good friend just pointed out to me that all of the "experts" on sleep and babies were always men, and how f*ed up that is. She has a good point! But I do know friends who have had success with his methods.

#4 of 13 Old 01-06-2016, 08:43 AM

I am still nursing my 3 year old. Can you believe it? I feel like a saint some days. I totally understand the aversion thing. I get that too. He loves to touch touch touch. Especially my stomach. I don't let him do it anymore. He just loves my belly. He says "this nursie is chocolate this nursie is graham crackers and the belly is the marshmellows. He is obsessed! He started saying that after we went camping.

How are you feeling, tolovemercy. Have you still been backing off with the nursing or has it gotten better. I think my aversion thing has to do with how tired and nauseous I have been feeling. I just didn't like to be touched when I am feeling what is basically flu symptoms for weeks on end.

Cynthia--Homeschooling mama of three boys. Baby #4 due July 2016!
#5 of 13 Old 01-11-2016, 06:11 PM

DD just turned 2 this week and I am 12 weeks pregnant. I don't have an aversion but I am tired of her wanting me to sit and nurse every 2 min. She freaks if I ask her to wait. I cosleep with her and she nurses at night so I am attempting to night wean. Because I can't sleep with 2 and nurse both all night long. So tonight is the first night. I have a couple new bottles that are supposed to be like breastfeeding. And fingers crossed. If she wakes up tonight as she always does she's getting a bottle. Which is new for us. Last time my girls were further apart in age so although DD1 nursed till 5 I did not have this problem. Fingers crossed.
#6 of 13 Old 02-24-2016, 06:58 PM

Are any moms still nursing at this point? We started tapering down our weaning as soon as we found out we were pregnant, but at a certain point, I couldn't stand nursing anymore! Then, soon after that, it became painful and my milk composition changed completely! We haven't nursed for nearly a month, but I still have a bit of milk...wondering if that is just going to continue until this one arrives?
#7 of 13 Old 02-25-2016, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My daughter gets to nurse before bed but not at any other time as the nipples are sore and only one feels OK to give her. I hope for her to give it up before the baby comes but I guess it is wishful thinking. I do not dream of tandem nursing.
#8 of 13 Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 AM

Nursing a newborn is not an easy task for us. Have you ever asked for help from your husband?
#9 of 13 Old 02-26-2016, 12:35 PM

We are still nursing a few times per day. Luckily night weaning went well, and that makes a huge difference. I still have some pain when she latches on, but just for a few seconds...or if her latch is lazy. i know she isnt getting much at this point, and that the milk is more like colostrum than her usual milk....wondering if I just wont completely dry up this time. She says it tastes like guacamole, and is adamant that she doesn't want to stop nursing. So maybe we are in for another tandem adventure after all....
#10 of 13 Old 02-26-2016, 12:38 PM

And my milk didnt dry up until about week 24 or so last time, then colostrum came in around week 28 or so. If your milk has chanhed over to colostrum, you may just have it until the birth...
#11 of 13 Old 02-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
20 weeks pregnant now, and my two year old is still nursing. I was stressing about night weaning, but for some reason for the past almost two weeks, other than nursing down to sleep initially, my son has not been nursing at all until morning, and he is sleeping through the night! Best sleep I have had since probably my second trimester pregnant with him, can't believe it.

I really have no idea if I am still making milk or not. I never really pump much, so it is hard to tell. I was questioning several months ago, then we all had a stomach flu and through looking at my son's throw-up, I could tell he was still getting milk at that point.

The one change I have noticed lately is that my nipples are sore! Initial latch-on makes me cringe, and then it is okay unless he is moving around a lot.
#12 of 13 Old 04-04-2016, 05:58 AM

Hi All, new here. I'm still nursing my 2.5 yo too. And I can't decide whether I want to wean him off completely or not. But honestly, if I can have it my way it would be for him to stop nursing now, and pick it up after the birth. My boobs are just toooo tender and it hurts everytime he nurses. But I'm just afraid if I stop now, he won't want it later.. We tandem nursed until my eldest was 3.5, so I'm kinda hoping to give him another year too.
#13 of 13 Old 04-05-2016, 05:47 PM

I am afraid of my dd wanting to nurse all the time once my milk comes in, and especially after baby comes. Not sure if I can handle tandeming again. Right now she only nurses once or day or so, and I only let her do it for a few seconds because it hurts. Every so often I let her nurse longer, and she loves it. Some days I feel like she is really close to just weaning, and other days....not. I am not really sure what to do. I probably will wean her completely...I just hope it comes to that be for milk comes in and it gets harder. But I hate to push her before she is ready. Sigh. She will be three at the beginning of June, so I know she has had a good run...but still hard to see it through.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page