• 1 Post By imsubrosa
  • 1 Post By motherofdragons866
  • 1 Post By Izzybelly

#1 of 9 Old 01-11-2016, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Exercise

I was just wondering what all the Mamas are doing for exercise? Any runners? I'm having a hard time keeping with my running right now as I as super tired at the beginning of this trimester and didn't run at all.

I heard that anyone who can do 300 squats will have no trouble birthing. Of course if you can do 300 squats you probably don't have much trouble doing anything else either, he he he.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-12-2016, 04:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm doing pilates class 1-2x a week and walking daily. I fell off the pilates bandwagon during first trimester because I couldn't stay awake during my usual exercise time but I have major guilt about it so hopefully that will motivate me to find a new time that works, ha.
imsubrosa likes this.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 9 Old 01-12-2016, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

My kids have a snow day today so I've nowhere to go.... I think I'll be working on my squats today. Hopefully....

#4 of 9 Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was running a half an hour per day, every other day, from late winter through mid-Summer of last year, then the heat was too much and I couldn't take it. I try to swim 3 times per week, but I will admit to getting really lazy with this pregnancy, and not doing much at all my first trimester. I am trying to get back to it, and just started a weekly prenatal yoga class with a friend who is expecting last week. My goal is to resume swimming three times per week, but my entire family is down with a stomach bug as of now, so hopefully next week. I have also found some prenatal exercise streaming videos on Amazon Prime that I am hoping to explore. My Core could really use some strengthening before my belly bump gets big!
#5 of 9 Old 01-27-2016, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Got the to gym today and started running. I felt like I had to pee, so I got off the treadmill and used the bathroom even though I used it before I stretched. Got back on and started to run, felt like I needed to pee AGAIN! Just could not run today. :/ Has this happened to anyone else? This is the first time I've experienced this and was wondering if maybe I need to switch to maternity workout capris already.....

Any ideas?
motherofdragons866 likes this.
#6 of 9 Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

My running is down to nil but my squatting is up. Also, I'm trying to replace my non-existent running (I'm doing 1/4 mile repeats with walks in between) with incline walking. Anyone doing anything fun in the way of exercise?
#7 of 9 Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ive been doing these awesome Prenatal Yoga workouts I pound on YouTube and theyre amazing! I feel so energized and strong afterward. But they are low impact which is great because despite my efforts and the fact that I'm a very healthy eater and am very active I have gained WAY too much weight this time. Also, it's extremely hot now and I don't feel comfortable outside anymore, lol.
imsubrosa likes this.
#8 of 9 Old 06-20-2016, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm still going to Pilates once a week but not doing any of the exercises in between classes. I had such good intentions, sigh. Until 36 weeks I was still walking, but down to a half mile a day. O.o so little! Still under 200 pounds, but just barely. Last time I got to 196 and I'm at 190 now. My weight goals are a) under 200 and b) less than my husband. Mostly I had exercise goals, and I'm sad that I didn't keep up the walking.

However, I have shit hips, and the Pilates has sincerely helped. Last time it really affected my labor when my hips gave out (uterine contractions are about a 7 on my pain scale - hips are still firmly a 10) and I ended up with an epidural (after 46 hours of labor). While I am actually far more open to an epi this time than last (I was sobbing and apologizing to my husband and baby last time), I am really hoping that the core work I have done over the past couple years will help me have a natural labor this time. We'll see...
imsubrosa likes this.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 of 9 Old 06-22-2016, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah.... Not sure what happened to my workout plan except that the kids are out of school now and the last month or so has been CRAZY! Hopefully next week will be less stressful? (I hope!)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page