Names!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 15Likes

#31 of 41 Old 03-05-2016, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
We told the kids our name choices for boy and girl today. None of them said "Ew" or anything so that's nice. Now we'll just have to see if it gets spilled to the grandparents before we find out what we are having. lol
BabySmurf and Neaera like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 03-14-2016, 09:00 AM

My oldest wants to name the baby Isabella since its sooo pretty. I agree its pretty but just doesn't peak my interest for the baby.
Older son wants Blinkerina since we have nicknamed the baby Blinky and it turns it into a girl name.
Younger son wants Alfredo Spaghetti. You have to love what kids come up with.

My partner surprised me by suggesting Juniper. Its a name I love but he is usually so mainstream and isn't fond of crunchy names. He thinks no one names their babies Juniper. I won't tell him they do, just not the circles he is used to. He was heavy into goth during college while I was dancing to drum circles on the courthouse lawn .
BabySmurf and Izzybelly like this.
#33 of 41 Old 03-15-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie Falsae View Post
My oldest wants to name the baby Isabella since its sooo pretty. I agree its pretty but just doesn't peak my interest for the baby.
Older son wants Blinkerina since we have nicknamed the baby Blinky and it turns it into a girl name.
Younger son wants Alfredo Spaghetti. You have to love what kids come up with.

My older daughter has a friend who is very excited that we are having a boy so that we can call him Skippy Jon Jones (which has been the baby's nickname). LOL

#34 of 41 Old 03-16-2016, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My sons latest two suggestions are Singrid and Poof. He is SO excited for this baby. He keeps askingwhenshe will tell us her name.

...Singrid isn't actually too bad though....

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#35 of 41 Old 03-20-2016, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
On my last ddc there is someone who knows twins named Khaleesi and Panna (I think) and we thought they were funny nicknames but no. Real names. Oops. :/

I have a friend with a baby named Sigrid. It's a pretty name. Singrid is close!!

Right now our baby's name is Boo-boo, courtesy of my daughter. Boobs for short. Sigh.
imsubrosa likes this.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#36 of 41 Old 04-04-2016, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Our name list so far

Emma- whole or universal -german
Chloe - Green shoot -greek
Sophia - wisdom - greek
Isabelle - pledged to God - French
Isabella - pledged to God - spanish/italian
Marie -Sea Of bitterness/sorrow -french
Maria -Sea Of bitterness/sorrow
Avah - life -latin
Mariah - the Lord is my teacher - latin/hebrew
Louise - renowned warrior- french
Rose
Grace
Belle - beautiful- french
Claire - bright/clear - french
Julia - youthful- latin
Lydia - woman from lydia- greek
Love
Amelia - work- German
Leah - weary - hebrew

Hubby wants to cut out all C names, since our last name starts with C. He also doesn't like Adjectives for a middle name (Love),but me and all my sisters middle names are Eternity, Faith, Joy, and Hope...so I really like Love

Me 24 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 DH 28. First 
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1
#37 of 41 Old 04-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity9111 View Post
Our name list so far

Emma- whole or universal -german
Chloe - Green shoot -greek
Sophia - wisdom - greek
Isabelle - pledged to God - French
Isabella - pledged to God - spanish/italian
Marie -Sea Of bitterness/sorrow -french
Maria -Sea Of bitterness/sorrow
Avah - life -latin
Mariah - the Lord is my teacher - latin/hebrew
Louise - renowned warrior- french
Rose
Grace
Belle - beautiful- french
Claire - bright/clear - french
Julia - youthful- latin
Lydia - woman from lydia- greek
Love
Amelia - work- German
Leah - weary - hebrew

Hubby wants to cut out all C names, since our last name starts with C. He also doesn't like Adjectives for a middle name (Love),but me and all my sisters middle names are Eternity, Faith, Joy, and Hope...so I really like Love
I'm partial to Julia, but then I have a Julia <3 Maybe your Hubby would agree to Grace as a middle name as it is an Adjective and a common name.
#38 of 41 Old 04-07-2016, 12:42 AM

I like Julia, just feel it's a very grown up name, so something she would have to grow into. But that's just me...

For now...we have settled on Bella Rose. When Hubby said it I was like "yes!"...now not so sure. Still have 17 weeks. With our son, once we found the name, that was it, we both loved it, and loved it even more by the time he was born. So for me to already being going "just maybe" is a bit off putting for me.
imsubrosa and Izzybelly like this.

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
Second
#39 of 41 Old 04-13-2016, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Heh. My daughter's name is Isabel. Pledged to god. Heh. We're atheists.

WHOOPS

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
#40 of 41 Old 04-16-2016, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hahaha
#41 of 41 Old 04-19-2016, 11:30 PM

Well we have added a new name to our list, Caitlin. So far I really like it! It would be shorted to Cate/Caity (lazy Aussies) but at least I don't mind any of those nicknames. Hubby wants Caitlin Belle, I still like Rose. See how this one sits for a few weeks
imsubrosa likes this.

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
Second

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page