July! How is everyone? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 07-01-2016, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
July! How is everyone?

I can't believe we are already in our birth month!

I am thankfully still feeling good, 38 weeks now and feeling like I still have a few weeks before this baby is making her appearance. Trying to still get out and walk/be active with the two yr old as much as possible, still working part time, and getting everything ready for our homebirth. I was supposed to get the birth tub from my midwives at my last prenatal appt, but apparently they are all out with other mamas with EDD's ahead of mine. Hoping I will get it next week.

Been having some braxton hicks here and there, pretty much every time I bend down to pick toys up from the floor it sets off a contraction. No other signs or symptoms, though.

I snuck out of town this past weekend to a friend's lake house 2.5 hours away. Maybe ill advised this far along, but so worth it! There were ten close mama friends, and just floating in the lake and relaxing without kiddos was lovely.

Trying to really start focusing on labor: setting intentions, thinking about how to have a peaceful last labor and birth.

How is everyone else? Any babies make their entrance yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Hello @Neaera . I've never posted to the July board (due to prior miscarriages I was scared to do so) but I've been a lurker. I hope you've had your baby! You aren't by chance in the Chicago area? I ask because I was also waiting for a pool at 38 weeks through my midwife practice! Luckily they dropped one by when I was 39 weeks because I went into labor at 39w3d. Unexpected since I was 2 weeks late with my son! Anyway, could just be a coincidence! Best wishes to you & your LO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#3 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
t2009, yes I am in Chicago! GBC? I had heard that there were 22 of us July due date mamas, and that there was quite a line for getting tubs. I do have my tub, but I have not had the baby yet. I am 40 and 6 days today, and just returned from my NST. I am 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced and she is at zero station....so they think once I do go, I will go fast.

I can imagine that being two weeks late was really tough for you....I am having trouble being almost one week....third baby for me and this is the longest I have been pregnant!

Congrats on your son!

#4 of 5 Old 07-21-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
39w1d and counting... baby is dropped and ready, dilated 3 cm, 60% effaced and I'm living in air conditioning or the pool to beat this heat Went to 40w4d with my first, but hoping I go sooner with this little one. My doctor is already concerned with how big they think the baby is and is talking induction... really don't want to do that... So excited and blessed to be so close!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Holding it All Together One Day At a Time"
#5 of 5 Old 07-21-2016, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Yes, GBC! They were so awesome. What a back-up for the tubs, but I'm glad you have yours in advance of going into labor. I'm sure it'll happen soon if this is the longest you've gone. The waiting is hard but it's not forever--your baby will be here soon! Good luck & I'll look forward to an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mama to my little busy bee. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page