• 1 Post By Izzybelly
  • 2 Post By Izzybelly
  • 2 Post By eternity9111

#1 of 3 Old 07-31-2016, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Babies!!!!! Post your birth story!

Well ladies, it's the last day of July... have we all had our babies yet?
Nazsmum likes this.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-31-2016, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Unna Jane arrived on July 15th, 41 weeks exactly. She was a whopping 9 pounds, 8.5 oz, and 23 inches long. Holy big baby. I had a pretty medicalized birth - not really that happy about it, but my fluid was low so she had to come out. Pitocin is evil, just saying. But, I'm grateful for it, because she wasn't coming out any other way. Four hours of active labor once the pit was started (after 10 hours of ineffective labor), and only 20 minutes of pushing. After an hour and a half of pit (I had it last time too, but after 46 hours of labor), I asked for an epidural and got one, but it didn't work. Whoops. They called anesthesia to come fix it, but I told them to forget it, because the baby was coming out. They didn't believe me and did a cervical check. 10 cm and there was her head! So instead of the new epi I pushed her out. Pushing really was the best part for me. I felt like an Amazon woman, so powerful. Which was great because needing the pit and electing the epi made me feel pretty sad - I was really hoping for a natural birth this time. Not in the cards for me I guess. So I'm focusing on the positive and being grateful that pushing was so great and with such a big baby, too.

Ladies, I GOT A SLEEPER. I cry tears of gratitude every day. She sleeps for 4 hour stretches routinely. Routinely!!!!! My first screamed 8-12 hours a day and I felt like such a failure. This one sure can fuss, but it's just fussing. No batshit crazy caterwauling. If I'd had one like her for my first, maybe I wouldn't have waited 5 years for a second!!

I hope you all get sleepers too!
Nazsmum and Au Pair 4 Me like this.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 3 Old 08-14-2016, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Caitlin Faye was born July 21st 2:44pm weighing in at 8lbs 7oz. All went very well for us. I woke up at 3am that morning for another trip to the restroom. Started my nightly insomnia after that. Around 4am I was laying in bed thinking..."I just need to relax, if I would just relax this baby will come. My sister will make it here in time to watch my son (lives over an hour away). She will get here in time before i have to rush to the hospital...." Then I hear/feel a pop....and start getting intense pain. Got up thinking that's not right. So contractions started about 15 minutes apart. Started talking to my mom telling her I think something was happening. Waited a bit then woke hubby up to tell him I was very sure labor had started. By 5am I decided to call sister to get her down here (last labor was less then 6 hours from start to finish) Hubby got up, we started coffee and just waited. At some point I called the hospital to tell them I was in labor and that I thought my waters had broken. They wanted to know for sure if water had broken since if they did they wanted me at the hospital sooner rather then later. As I had a pad already on and no rush of water I was unsure. I thought it might be a bit wet and didn't want to wait around just in case labor went as fast as last time. By 10am contractions were about 4 minutes apart so decided to head up to hospital. Hubby dropped me off at the door and drove the car back home while I checked myself in. I was told I looked to relaxed so they were going to wait for another lady to come in and check her first. So I kept walking around for the next half hour. Once they came to check me I found out my water had in fact broken, but they then wanted to monitor my contractions. That was the worst thing, labor slowed, bed was horrible, I just wanted to move. After an hour on that thing, I was told labor was to slow, so they might just send home till it really started moving. I told them I didn't want to go home, leading to fast labor story from son. I told her I wanted off the monitor so I could walk. 15 minutes, if that, of walking sent me into painful, could barely stand up contractions. I sent hubby to bring midwife back in so I could hopefully get into a room. She was still dragging her feet (I really didn't like this midwife) I sent hubby out a second time to get anyone to get me into a room. Once he came back I told him I was changing since I was not giving birth in my day clothes again. At least this time I knew what room I was waiting for. Once I decided contractions were getting to bad,I headed to the room myself. I then got a different midwife who i told I wanted my bed, and something to ease the pain, NOW! I thought about getting something stronger then gas, but once I heard they would have to check how far along I was I gave up, knowing myself that I had less then 2 hours. I then got sent in my delivery team, once of which I had with my son which was wonderful! I got to talk to them between contractions, asked them if they could get hubby something for lunch, lol. Told them I wanted to try anything before I got cut again. At some point they all left the room, not long after I thought it was close to pushing, so hit the button to get them all back in. I was a bit hasty, but wanted to make sure I had someone there before I ended up as close as I did with my son. So after 20 minutes of pushing, with wonderful midwives who let me work through the contractions my way, Caitlin was born.

Bit of a rough story, but I need to get what I can down as I remember it!
Nazsmum and Au Pair 4 Me like this.

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page