Lets get this thing started shall we? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 2Likes

#31 of 42 Old 02-03-2016, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsriracha View Post
Edelweiss, good luck! I am eager to hear what you learn at the Doctor's in regards to dating and two little heartbeats.

I ended up going with an OB this pregnancy, and I'm happy with that decision. We do have a decent CPM in this area, but I did have a hospital transfer with DS and this OB's practice is very crunch-friendly.

They did bloodwork on me (all good), but her practices doesn't do actual appointments with low-risk Mamas for appointments until 10 weeks unless there's a concern or issue. Is that usual?

Yes, typically 10-12 weeks you see the doctor but maybe paperwork and bloodwork appointment with nurse before.

I think I was hearing placenta or something because the only really higher hb I've found has been on the right and the other is 110-120. We've had a blizzard and most things are closed but I'll call in an hour . I doubt they closed and I've been worrying myself and just hoping baby is alive and well and cyst is smaller.

My OB is very non crunchy , but I understand because he does high risk, infertility and multiples. He's very good but if I'm low risk or lower, I prefer someone who will really support me in my birth desires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 02-03-2016, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirunner24 View Post
And... I should add. According to date of ovulation, I'm due September 27th.

I have my first midwife and early ultrasound appointment when I'll be about 10 weeks along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweiss98 View Post
Yes, typically 10-12 weeks you see the doctor but maybe paperwork and bloodwork appointment with nurse before.

I think I was hearing placenta or something because the only really higher hb I've found has been on the right and the other is 110-120. We've had a blizzard and most things are closed but I'll call in an hour . I doubt they closed and I've been worrying myself and just hoping baby is alive and well and cyst is smaller.

My OB is very non crunchy , but I understand because he does high risk, infertility and multiples. He's very good but if I'm low risk or lower, I prefer someone who will really support me in my birth desires.
Good luck, and again -- keep us posted! I hear you regarding the want for someone who will support you...hopefully you can find a provider who is in line with what you want.

And that makes sense re: appointments. I had the bloodwork, and will do intake with a nurse prior to seeing the OB on the 29th.
#33 of 42 Old 02-03-2016, 10:53 AM

Ultrasound looked good, baby measures ahead with great heart beat. Cyst still there but they're not going to check it till mid pregnancy ultrasound anyway. Left a message with the midwives for a consult.

#34 of 42 Old 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Glad everything was good news, Edelweiss!

Looks like I'm dropping out of this DDC, ladies. Started bleeding this morning, cramps all day and it's just getting worse. I've never had a miscarriage before, but it sure seems like this is it.
Hope the rest of you all have great pregnancies and healthy babies!
Nonie's mom likes this.
#35 of 42 Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Anie View Post
Glad everything was good news, Edelweiss!

Looks like I'm dropping out of this DDC, ladies. Started bleeding this morning, cramps all day and it's just getting worse. I've never had a miscarriage before, but it sure seems like this is it.
Hope the rest of you all have great pregnancies and healthy babies!
Steph Anie I'm so sorry to hear this. The lady who created this blog was a huge help to me during my 2nd miscarriage. She has a lot of good information here. http://lostinnocentsorthodox.blogspot.com
#36 of 42 Old 02-04-2016, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thank you, Edelweiss! I'm not Orthodox but am finding the site helpful.
#37 of 42 Old 02-04-2016, 08:16 PM

I'm not either, but it's truly some of the most practical advice out there . I think the unknowns are some of what makes miscarriages so horrible. Try to take care of yourself and drink and eat enough. I'm so sorry.
#38 of 42 Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hello, I'm Susan and am expecting (live) baby #4 on Sept 14 based on ovulation. Our last baby was born sleeping at 25 weeks 2 years ago on the 6th. Our first was born in the hospital as a water birth with midwives. Second and third were UC. We are planning a UC with this one also. We are thrilled for this rainbow baby but scared as we don't know the cause for our loss. Oh and I'm 41 so not a young mama at all. So today the 8th of Feb we are 8 weeks 5 days.
#39 of 42 Old 02-08-2016, 05:01 PM

Welcome and I'm so sorry for your loss.
Nonie's mom likes this.
#40 of 42 Old 02-15-2016, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies! My name is Riley and I am 23. My husband and I got married on September 12th, 2015 and are now expecting our first little one! I'm due September 5th which also happens to be my birthday!
We both are beyond excited for this next step in our lives together.

Last edited by RZwicker92; 02-15-2016 at 10:29 AM.
#41 of 42 Old 04-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi ladies! I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to introduce myself!

I'm Kristin, 26, and I just got married back in October 2015. We're due with our first September 26th and can't wait!
#42 of 42 Old 04-04-2016, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmommy View Post
Hi ladies! I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to introduce myself!

I'm Kristin, 26, and I just got married back in October 2015. We're due with our first September 26th and can't wait!
Congratulations. I'm not on Facebook, pregnant with my second, and a little bummed that no one seems to be posting here - Due September 2. Enjoy the new chapter coming in your life!

-Cookie

Cookie
DD 1/20/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DD 9/10/2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page