Thread for Our Older Children - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 01-26-2016, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thread for Our Older Children

So while I know we're all excited for the arrival of our babies, I thought it might be good to have a thread where we can talk about our other children.

I know for for sure right now that I've a very proud mama.
I got my son Jaxon(14mo) his toddler bed yesterday and he slept in it all through last night like a big boy. Then this morning I walked to his room to check on him and there he is in the doorway holding his stuffed animal just staring at me with his big goofy smile.

I was really amazed that he got down without falling. <3 Especially since my boyfriend was saying all yesterday that he was too young for it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-30-2016, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My son is almost 2. We've recently been night weaning him. Somehow after 23 months of nursing him on demand day and night, I finally got to the end of my rope. He has been sleeping with my husband on his fullsize floor bed in his room. Its been working well and my body loves the extra sleep. We don't think he's ready to sleep all by himself yet, but night weaning has reduced his wake-ups to 0-2 per night. This is a huge improvement.

I was considering getting him his own "big boy" bed, but my husband wants to wait and see what will happen to our sleeping arrangements when the new baby comes. So far the plan is that I will have the new baby in our baby-proofed queen bed in our bedroom, and he will continue to stay with our first on the floor bed in his room. That way, he will still have his needs met at night if he needs us. My husband is a big fan of co-sleeping, so I can't tell which one is actually not ready for him to sleep alone. Haha.
#3 of 4 Old 02-13-2016, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My 2.5 yr olds sleep with my husband . We plan to have the baby sleep with me. I slept with my boys till I night weaned and just sleep much better without them although I slept fine with my oldest. They've been saying " mommy has a baby in her uterus!" But just at home, haven't told too many people yet.

#4 of 4 Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm trying co-sleeping with this one when it comes. That way our 1yo won't be woken up by the night screams.

Since my eating disorder kept me from breastfeeding with my first (I completely quit producing at 3weeks) I really look forward to staying healthy and breastfeeding for a lot longer this time. Don't know if I can handle 23+ months like you guys though. That sounds crazy hard lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page