Names? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Names?

Have you started talking about names? Creating lists? I'd love to hear the names you're thinking of, if any of you are comfortable sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh. Just thinking of the battle this causes stresses me out! Hubby and I have battled over the last 3 names, with the youngest not being named for 2 days after she was born!! Our children have not-commonly used names so that adds to the pressure. I already have my picks of Layton for a girl and Hayes for a boy but Hubby isn't easily persuaded! I could always use the "I gave birth, I pick the name" card, right? I haven't pulled out that one yet!
#3 of 8 Old 02-02-2016, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I typically get the final say with names but my husband approves of them. We have pretty different taste in names, too.

#4 of 8 Old 02-02-2016, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
DH and I will be in the same boat as you all. With DD1, she didn't get a first name until 3 or 4 days old and her middle name didn't happen until she was 8 weeks old! And that was with us agreeing more on girl names than boy names! If this one is a boy.... he might be nameless for a while.
#5 of 8 Old 02-02-2016, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

I love the names Hayes and Layton!

Sorry to all who are having trouble agreeing with DH I went through that with DS's Dad, and it was really frustrating. We ended up picking a name about 32 weeks, IIRC, and I am very happy with what we picked. It just took hundreds of suggestions on my end.

This time around, DH and I have the same tastes, and I couldn't be happier to have one less thing to worry about over the next 8-ish months. We're going with Wulfric (Wolf) for a boy and Wednesday for a girl
#6 of 8 Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I mentioned a couple names to my husband, ofcourse I am convinced its a girl this time, and he said, "well I guess I picked the last name so you get to pick this one." My jaw nearly dropped. He only liked one name last time. I guess the pressure is one me now.
My great grandma was Elsie, but it sounds too much like my name and I am hooked this time on two syllable names that end in a. So even though the movie Frozen is has perpetuated the popularity of the name Elsa, it has been my choice for my girls name for years. We shall see. I also like Ella, Pema, Jada, Skyla. Any other ideas in this theme? My son's name is Cooper.

Self employed almost 40 year old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of one 6 year old dynamite super hero
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and wife to a lovely DH
and partner in life. Pregnant again and hoping it sticks this time.
#7 of 8 Old 02-15-2016, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I have already agreed on names. Although they might change later down the road, we both really love our choices as of now. For a boy we love the name Trenton Alan (his dad's middle name and his middle name are both Alan so we know we wanted to keep that going). For a girl we love Sydney Lorraine (my grandma's middle name is Lorraine and I love it so we knew we wanted to use that as well).
#8 of 8 Old 02-15-2016, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasiren View Post
I mentioned a couple names to my husband, ofcourse I am convinced its a girl this time, and he said, "well I guess I picked the last name so you get to pick this one." My jaw nearly dropped. He only liked one name last time. I guess the pressure is one me now.
My great grandma was Elsie, but it sounds too much like my name and I am hooked this time on two syllable names that end in a. So even though the movie Frozen is has perpetuated the popularity of the name Elsa, it has been my choice for my girls name for years. We shall see. I also like Ella, Pema, Jada, Skyla. Any other ideas in this theme? My son's name is Cooper.
I think you should definitely go with Elsa. If it's your favorite, use it.

I was named "Jasmine" in 1988; years before the release of Aladdin. When I was a child, I would occasionally get called "Princess Jasmine," but it was never a bad thing. At all. If anything, kids thought it was cool that I had a "hero" name. As an adult, the Disney association almost never comes up. I'd also be hesitant to use a Disney name, but it's definitely not a negative association to most people.

We're using "Isa" for a girl's middle name. I also love the girl's name Saga, and it's genuinely pretty unique at this point. Perhaps one of those fit with your style?

We're sort of back to the drawing board on a boy's name. I love the name "Bjorn," but no one else does. Same with "Karl." We are getting surprisingly good feedback on the name "Tyr," pronounced "Tier" (teer, or tear as in teardrop). We'll see where we land on this one.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page