Daily check in - Mothering Forums

#1 of 15 Old 02-08-2016, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Daily check in

I thought we could have a new thread apart from our introductions for daily chatting.

Any one else struggling with nausea and vomiting? I am and just having a hard time handling my 2 yr olds while I feel so sick. I'm taking gin gins chewy ginger candies to try to help and an otc med and b6. I'm 10w3d now . Baby measures ahead so they put me due date up to the end of August. Next Monday I interview a midwife and lining up potential doulas, too, whom I've never used before but think it'll be helpful since I really want a VBAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 02-08-2016, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@edelweiss , thanks for starting this thread! Sorry to hear about your nausea. I'm looking forward to hearing how your midwife interview goes.

I'm feeling pretty okay at 6 weeks, 5 days. Symptoms are minimal. I'm still going to vinyasa flow classes at my yoga studio a few times a week. My first appointment with my OB is still 3 full weeks away. There's a part of me that's wondering if I'm having multiples since I'm "showing" as much as I was at about 20 weeks with my son, but it's probably just poor abdominal muscle tone. My weight hasn't changed. I don't have a family history of multiples, and I'm not experiencing the extreme nausea that so often plagues twin mamas.

It's been about 5 years since I was pregnant last, and I was really surprised to learn that the harmony/panorama screenings blood screenings for genetic issues and sex have become so common for women of all ages. It appears my insurance covers it, and I suppose I feel better about a blood test than the nuchal scan I used with my son(we'll be trying to keep ultrasounds to a minimum unless they're needed). I may know baby's sex in early or mid March!

I've purchased a tula baby carrier, and will probably pick up car seats in the next month once I pass the 12 week mark. I don't have a lot of son's baby stuff since we've moved cross-country twice, but I'm keeping it pretty minimal. I hate extraneous stuff.

Sorry for the incredibly long message - it feels great to talk pregnancy!
#3 of 15 Old 02-09-2016, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Sweetsriracha - I'm not one to keep excess stuff either and really babies don't need much. I felt much worse with my twins than any other pregnancy and sadly I've already gained as much as I did this time with twins ! Hoping to slow down in 2nd tri when I feel better and also as the weather improves and I can walk outside or even run with lots of walking breaks. Right now my nausea is too bad to run at all. That'll be fun to find out gender so soon! I don't plan to do genetic screening, just the anatomy scan.

#4 of 15 Old 02-09-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweiss98 View Post
Sweetsriracha - I'm not one to keep excess stuff either and really babies don't need much. I felt much worse with my twins than any other pregnancy and sadly I've already gained as much as I did this time with twins ! Hoping to slow down in 2nd tri when I feel better and also as the weather improves and I can walk outside or even run with lots of walking breaks. Right now my nausea is too bad to run at all. That'll be fun to find out gender so soon! I don't plan to do genetic screening, just the anatomy scan.
Being active throughout pregnancy is a goal for me, too. I'm too busy to go to yoga class today, so I'm hoping I can at least walk briskly for a bit.

What's on your list to acquire still in terms of baby stuff?

I need carseats, some clothes, diapers, and that's about it! I have a breastpump and enough carriers. I am not going to do a crib or bassinet. I'm not sure that we're going to be buying a stroller....the only times I used a stroller with son was when he was quite a bit bigger and we were taking a flight or something similar.
#5 of 15 Old 02-09-2016, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm...we have tons of diapers from our twins (who are still in diapers for nap and bed time). I think just a car seat or a booster for my oldest so she can give hers to the baby (we have radians). I could really use some newer maternity clothes , though.I didn't realize I have some with stains and didn't keep that many anyway. I'll have to visit Goodwill since they usually have quite a few and 99 cents is hard to beat.my big kids have summer birthdays too so baby clothes should be set.
#6 of 15 Old 02-11-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Hmm...we have tons of diapers from our twins (who are still in diapers for nap and bed time). I think just a car seat or a booster for my oldest so she can give hers to the baby (we have radians). I could really use some newer maternity clothes , though.I didn't realize I have some with stains and didn't keep that many anyway. I'll have to visit Goodwill since they usually have quite a few and 99 cents is hard to beat.my big kids have summer birthdays too so baby clothes should be set.
Oh, right. Maternity clothes! I will begin checking Goodwill soon for those.

Where is the participation in the September DDC? These threads have a ton of views. I'd love for any lurkers to join in.
#7 of 15 Old 02-11-2016, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Anyone want to list their due date? I'm due Sept 14. Any due date partners??
#8 of 15 Old 02-15-2016, 01:07 AM

September 28.
#9 of 15 Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due September 5th which just so happens to also be my birthday! This is my husbands and my first little one and we are beyond excited! We had our first ultrasound on January 21st and got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was very strong! I'm 11 weeks today
#10 of 15 Old 02-15-2016, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Due September 2nd via ovulation. My midwife appointment was canceled so I have to go tomorrow . Kind of annoying that they didn't tell me until I arrived. I really want to like this group , too, I've heard many good things about them.
Otherwise , I need to watch what I eat better. I'm gaining too much and have been struggling with needing to eat all the time because of the nausea.
#11 of 15 Old 02-15-2016, 02:35 PM

Well, I ended up with an ER visit on Friday.

I got an awful migraine on Thursday evening. Symptoms included a numb face and TONS of pressure behind my right eye to the point of very blurred vision. Herbal remedies and tylenol weren't making a dent in the pain. OB told me to go get seen, so I did.

It turned out I was really dehydrated. I was given a bag of fluid (hello, puffiness) and a prescription for reglan that I will do my very best not to take.

Baby's heartbeat was 120 and my quantitative HCG measurements were on track. Baby was measuring several days behind EDD as determined by LMP. But from what I'm reading online, it seems like first trimester "small" measurements are common for women with retroverted uteruses, which I have. I'm now remembering that my first son also measured small in the first tri, and caught up by the second or third. So, we'll see if my due date shifts at all.
#12 of 15 Old 02-15-2016, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

How awful about the ER visit ! ! I don't know if I'd worry much about a couple of days behind. I hope you can drink enough. Has nausea been bad?
#13 of 15 Old 02-16-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Has nausea been bad?
Well, yes and no.

I'm a little confused how I got so dehydrated -- I think nausea is one factor, but my workaholic tendencies are a bigger one. I tend to get really sucked into work. So, that's definitely not great and it's also completely on me.
#14 of 15 Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted. So 2 weeks ago I had my first US. I found out that I was 10 weeks which means I literally know the exact date of conception haha. My date was dead on.

Anyway, my nausea is pretty much gone now. Only time it still hits is if I'm near chicken (cooked or raw I can't stand it at all) or if I forget to eat with my prenatal vit.

I'm officially back to wearing pants from before my first son lol. Before my son I wore a size5, during that pregnancy was a size7 then went down to a size3 after. And damnnn my boobs are almost 2 sizes bigger now xD.

Also, is anyone else lactating yet? I forgot how crappie leaky boobs are.

Any how, just thought I stop and check in. Here's the ultrasound photos c: hope everyone is doing well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160210_130557.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	42834  

#15 of 15 Old 02-21-2016, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Starlit glad ultrasound went well and you are feeling better! I always know my date of conception, too, because I chart and then also get symptoms 1dpo. I started a Facebook group , link is in the Facebook thread.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page