Prenatal Screening - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 02-12-2016, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question Prenatal Screening

Is anyone planning on doing or have already done Genetic testing or screening? Please share details.

Self employed almost 40 year old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of one 6 year old dynamite super hero
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and wife to a lovely DH
and partner in life. Pregnant again and hoping it sticks this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-15-2016, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am pretty certain we'll be doing either the panorama or harmony blood screen. I believe it's the same test, two different names.

I am not certain if my risk is high enough for my insurance to cover it, but I think we're going to go for it anyway. I'd be really surprised if my OB flat refused to give it to me, but I guess it's a possibility. In that case, I'd do the nuchal scan at 12 weeks to detect risks.

This should happen around mid-March when I am 12 weeks. I'm looking forward to results, even though my "gut feeling" is pretty certain about the baby's sex already.

My understanding is that if Mother's weight is at the high end of normal BMI or overweight category, you need to wait until 12 weeks pregnant to perform the test. If your BMI is low, you can get results earlier. This was what I read in a forum. It's pretty indirectly addressed on the harmony/panorama website, too. So, I'll wait until 12 weeks
#3 of 3 Old 03-02-2016, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi just found this. Just did the 1st Trimester Nuchal translucency screen. Easy, a finger prick for blood and an ultrasound. Anyone else?

Cookie
DD 1/20/2010

DD 9/10/2016

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page