Haven't had a period in over 6 years - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nikkki6

#1 of 7 Old 09-05-2014, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haven't had a period in over 6 years

Hey y'all I'm a brand new hatchling to the forum. My title explains it all. Here is a little history. I have stage 3 endometriosis,I had a period up until I was 25 then it stopped I took prego test after prego test. Lost insurance figured hey it was a means of birth control. My now husband has been with me for 7 years. We have been wanting to conceive and have not been using any type of protection. Our sex life isn't great because it hurts and I'm very dry, but I do try because well I'm his wife. He hates doing it because he feels bad but I make him. I have lost weight, I'm having problems with my teeth, no sexual desire,can't sleep, irritable,list could continue... I have insurance now so I just went to my gyno he is running quite a few test and I have an ultrasound Monday... I've studied the internet like a crazed woman. My question is... Has this happened to anyone? I need advice or help or something I'm just kinda lost..

Thank you :cry:
pokeyac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-07-2014, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

anyone??
#3 of 7 Old 09-08-2014, 06:37 AM

That's terrible. Having no periods for six years is very awful and need medical attention to address the problem. That's good that you see your gyno and the problem you have will be addressed but don't despair because the solution is along the way. The problem I had before was not having periods but only for 6 months and I sought gyno advice and she found out that I have PCOS. Diet and exercise make my period regular.

#4 of 7 Old 09-08-2014, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
The only time I`ve ever heard of this happening is when someone has Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). But your problem is different and you`re already doing exactly what you can do: talking to a doctor and getting tests done. I do have PCOS but the longest I`ve been without a period is four months. I`m so sorry you`re going through. It`s tremendously sucky, but I hope your doctor will be able to help you.

Me (35) (PCOS), DH (37) and DD1 (5) and DD2(2). Pregnant with #3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 7 Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Curious how your appointment went????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#6 of 7 Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply. My hormone test came back abnormal but he said that could be because of the lack of period. I'm having surgery Saturday (outpatient) he said to clear out the endometriosis and a few cysts. When I had the ultrasound done she said that I had follicles, not quite sure what that means. I have read up on endo for years and never found someone who stopped having periods if anything it made them worst. So I'm just confused .. Not quite sure what to ask next
#7 of 7 Old 09-09-2014, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Also when I read up on On PCOS it says people gain weight, well I've actually lost weight and lost all sexual desires :disappointed:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page