Planning for Two Under Two: Tips - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Talking Planning for Two Under Two: Tips

I hope this is the right forum section.

My husband and I are planning to conceive baby number two once baby number one turns one next month. We have thought hard and prayed hard about it and its best for our family.

The Issue: I suffer low energy. So got tested and found out I have low iron. Not sure if Im anemic yet but Im definitely heading that way. I purchased 28mg of iron from the Vitamin Shoppee brand to help myself out.

Also, I have low vitamin d. Which is an inherent problem in my geographical location. I will be beginning supplements soon along with trying to catch any sun I can.

My Concerns: Outside the chaos of having two under two. I had an insanely difficult first trimester with baby #1 . Petrified of it happening again . Any tips for making having two under two as easy as possible? Any must have supplements for mom? Any must have baby gear? (Will be investing in a baby gate and baby swing! Already have an ergo)

Breastfeeding:
I am still breastfeeding and planning to until baby number one weans. Preferably at the age of 2ish. Any tips on night weaning a 1 year old baby who does most his nursing at night?

Libido: Just getting back into the swing. And am certain I will even more once my levels are up. BUT being pregnant & breastfeeding & having two under two?! Whats that mean for my poor libido

All tips appreciated

Young Momma + Wife
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Baby #1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Is here
Looking Forward To
&
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-06-2015, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
You didn't say how much bit d you'll be taking. I'd recommend at least 5,000 iu. You can also ask for a "catch up" prescription provided it's breastfeeding safe that will quickly raise your vit d levels. I had the same deficiency too. I think I took 30,000 iu once a week to get my levels up, then 5,000 iu to maintain. I live in a low sun area too.

As for how to manage 2 little ones under 2 I have no idea. I'm about to have my 2nd child but my first is nearly 7. My first is high needs though, so I've got my own challenges to tackle.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some good tips!
#3 of 3 Old 09-19-2015, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Story hours. The park, Nature hikes. Help him expend the energy and give you some interaction at the same time. Notice whether your own irritability is different than before and if you need to talk to someone about it.

Tags
Breastfeeding , night weaning , spacing , tandem nursing , two kids

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page