Oh the nausea - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 04-26-2016, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Oh the nausea

I know, it's a good thing right?! Means the hormones are rising?

But

I don't puke but the nausea is hard core. When I'm not nauseous I get hungry but I know I can't eat much or it will kick back in. It's a lot different from my first where I ate carbs all the time because it's the only thing that felt good...and gained 70lbs!

Who else??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

C/S 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mama of a big blended family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 04-27-2016, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm so sorry you are feeling sick! I know with my first I tried concentrating on the fact that it meant there was a healthy bean in there, but some days are just so hard!

No nausea here yet, just occasional whiffs of phantom smells that make me a little gaggy and nothing sounds very appetizing. It has me a little worried because with DD the nausea/vomiting were in full force by 5 weeks (which is what I am today), but I guess every pregnancy is different. My symptoms are incredibly sore nipples (not fun with an active nursing toddler), insomnia, and an UNQUENCHABLE thirst!!
#3 of 11 Old 04-27-2016, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleafmama View Post
I'm so sorry you are feeling sick! I know with my first I tried concentrating on the fact that it meant there was a healthy bean in there, but some days are just so hard!

No nausea here yet, just occasional whiffs of phantom smells that make me a little gaggy and nothing sounds very appetizing. It has me a little worried because with DD the nausea/vomiting were in full force by 5 weeks (which is what I am today), but I guess every pregnancy is different. My symptoms are incredibly sore nipples (not fun with an active nursing toddler), insomnia, and an UNQUENCHABLE thirst!!
That's what I focus on too. My husband SMILES when he knows I'm not feeling well. It makes him happy and me too but I have to live it
Yeah, every pregnancy is different. With my first the nausea was immediate and lasted through week 20. With my second it didn't kick in until week 9, late enough that I thought I was getting out of it that time! It lasted until the 2nd tri. I was nursing a toddler too....ouch! With this one, it started pretty early, sporadically like you are talking about feeling gaggy and nothing was appetizing and has built up to full nausea (no puking at least!). I read somewhere that when you have kids closer together the nausea/puking symptoms tend to be less in subsequent pregnancies which would be true for my first 2. This one is 6 years later and more like starting fresh. Of course that's probably an old wives tale but maybe why you aren't getting it full on this time.

C/S 2008

#4 of 11 Old 04-27-2016, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I will occasionally feel icky... I just want to go back to bed... its 11 am! SOOOOO tired.
People keep looking at me like, "What's her problem?" WANT to sleep!!!

Mama to an amazing crew of 6!

cd

#5 of 11 Old 04-27-2016, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I will occasionally feel icky... I just want to go back to bed... its 11 am! SOOOOO tired.
People keep looking at me like, "What's her problem?" WANT to sleep!!!
Word

I took a nap before noon yesterday....

C/S 2008

#6 of 11 Old 04-29-2016, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Food aversions are starting to hit and I can be cooking something for dinner that I thought sounded delicious, but then by the time I'm done preparing it, I can't even eat it because it is grossing me out. And the exhaustion! Yesterday I started crying because my toddler wouldn't nap.
#7 of 11 Old 04-29-2016, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mine just hit me for the first time when I woke up this morning. I was so hungry but couldn't get myself to eat until about 11am.
I'm 7w5d today, so hopefully that means only 4-6 weeks of this feeling.
Fatigue...that's another story. I've been feeling that major for a week or two now. Heat doesn't help either. Luckily my 2.5 year old naps in the early afternoon, do I've been joining him!

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  and one more Dec '16.
#8 of 11 Old 04-29-2016, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
A week ago it was coming in waves. For the past 3-4 days it's hit full force. This is about a week earlier than I'm used to. Add a head cold in top of it and I'm useless.

Last night I went out and bought Sea-Bands and they are helping! I'm actually functioning today.
#9 of 11 Old 05-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It's hit.
Two other families at our camp have a stomach virus... and I've been praying we don't get it too! I don't think I could handle dealing with the smells and other people's barf right now! I can barely contain my own uneasy stomach.

I'm eating GF pretzels by the handful intermittently throughout the day and it's helping I think. That and ginger tea.

Mama to an amazing crew of 6!

cd

#10 of 11 Old 06-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare2015 View Post
I know, it's a good thing right?! Means the hormones are rising?

But

I don't puke but the nausea is hard core. When I'm not nauseous I get hungry but I know I can't eat much or it will kick back in. It's a lot different from my first where I ate carbs all the time because it's the only thing that felt good...and gained 70lbs!

Who else??
I was also coping with throw ups aside from nausea and it was making me totally numb. However, an organic tea made me comfortable and I could keep down my meals. The tea was no to morning sickness tea that's also safe for my baby and me both.
#11 of 11 Old 10-12-2016, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that... I hope you will be fine! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and a slice of a whole wheat bread always help me with nausea. Try it) And good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page