• 1 Post By slammerkin
  • 1 Post By Mommy Kahdib
  • 1 Post By jeomom3

#1 of 17 Old 05-18-2016, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So tired...

All I can think about most days is sleep and more sleep. Went to bed early last night which felt great and a little boost again. Took my progesterone and back to feeling tired again. I guess that's a side effect. My house needs attention and I have no motivation at all...

Anyone else feel that way when taking progesterone?

~Kristy~
Mom to Grace 5 years, Maddy 11 years, & Angel Babys Dec 7 2013 & Dec 9 2015

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-18-2016, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm not taking it, but if I don't have a nap I literally can't make dinner. I was driving my child to a tutor in town and at a stop light literally almost fell asleep! I was just playing over in my head what I'd say to an officer if I got pulled over... Some how I don't think "I'm newly pregnant and exhausted" would get me off the hook! Slowing down and getting rest is essential. At least once our placenta takes over the work we'll likely feel so much better! Thank you placenta!
#3 of 17 Old 05-18-2016, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I'm not taking it, but if I don't have a nap I literally can't make dinner. I was driving my child to a tutor in town and at a stop light literally almost fell asleep! I was just playing over in my head what I'd say to an officer if I got pulled over... Some how I don't think "I'm newly pregnant and exhausted" would get me off the hook! Slowing down and getting rest is essential. At least once our placenta takes over the work we'll likely feel so much better! Thank you placenta!
So very true! The placenta is amazing. Literally our body and hormones keeping our little beans growing and developing... I am hoping things continue to go well. One day I have some hope and confidence and other days I get fearful. It's a unique experience to go through pregnancy after a loss. Trying to stay positive day by day.

I have to take a moment to stop and lay down each day too. Just did that 30 min before dinner so I could get a little bit of energy..

~Kristy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 17 Old 05-19-2016, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm starting to really want naps too...I haven't been able to fit one in on week days because I'm not home until 4/4:30 and then everyone in my house is starving lol. But I have been going to bed earlier. Like 8:45/9:00!
I will totally be taking a nap this weekend though
#5 of 17 Old 05-19-2016, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i am not taking progesterone but am exhausted! i have taken a nap most days and every night i get in bed with my kids to read around 7:30, then lay down the rest of the night. the first trimester is such a strange time because not much visible change is happening, but SO MUCH internal change is going on. i appreciate my body's work and ability. i am also ready to be past this part.
#6 of 17 Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

During the day is really hard for me to nap too. Before dinner if I am lucky I will lay down for a few minutes. Evening time I have been going to bed much earlier too... A lot going on in our bodies. I just hit 7 weeks today and read the baby will double in size this week. So no wonder I am so tired.

Hang in there ladies

~Kristy~

#7 of 17 Old 05-20-2016, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm kind of anxiously awaiting exhaustion. I think it truly hit right before 6 weeks with my daughter. For now I am actually strangely energized! Of course that, coupled with MS not kicking in yet makes me wonder if something's wrong! Can't wait until my first ultrasound in two weeks so I can see if everything's all right in there.
kristynwy789 likes this.

Nursing, bedsharing mom to Ava - 10/8/13

#8 of 17 Old 05-23-2016, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am utterly exhausted and have been laying down for a nap when my two year old naps...but when I wake up I feel just as tired and awful....gah!!!
kristynwy789 likes this.

Married to Mike, mama to Emmie
(6/11/06), Chase
(3/21/08), Angel baby Parker
lost at 16 weeks, Sawyer
(7/11/11), Ellie
(4/11/14) and a new baby due 1/9/17!

#9 of 17 Old 05-23-2016, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

I am noticing I have windows during the day where I have energy. But the majority of the day I am tired. I try to plan chores around the moments I get a little bit of energy... Naps help a little when I can sneak them in.

~Kristy~

#10 of 17 Old 05-29-2016, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
After HG experiences with my two prior pregnancies, I asked for anti-nausea medication as soon as I felt the slightest icky. THAT makes me sleepy. On the bright side, I'm not vomiting, even when the nausea part wears off - and my EDD is very early January, so it should have hit by now. Hoping this means there's a different gender in there...

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#11 of 17 Old 06-01-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledvwlch View Post
After HG experiences with my two prior pregnancies, I asked for anti-nausea medication as soon as I felt the slightest icky. THAT makes me sleepy. On the bright side, I'm not vomiting, even when the nausea part wears off - and my EDD is very early January, so it should have hit by now. Hoping this means there's a different gender in there...
I'm glad that you're able to keep from vomiting! What are you taking? I will be taking a long road trip in a couple of weeks and I need to figure out how to survive. I usually throw up about 5 times a day starting at week 6. Not terrible compared to HG. But if there is something that would stop it, I'd love to try it.
#12 of 17 Old 06-02-2016, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeomom3 View Post
I'm glad that you're able to keep from vomiting! What are you taking? I will be taking a long road trip in a couple of weeks and I need to figure out how to survive. I usually throw up about 5 times a day starting at week 6. Not terrible compared to HG. But if there is something that would stop it, I'd love to try it.
5 times a day?? That sounds pretty terrible to me! Not sure about Caledvwlch, but I think Zofran is the main prescription drug they give to pregnant women.

Nursing, bedsharing mom to Ava - 10/8/13

#13 of 17 Old 06-05-2016, 05:18 PM

Well, the morning sickness and fatigue kicked in with a vengeance today...took two naps (1.5 hrs each) and puked right before dinner. My three-year-old set up an entire tea party on me as I slept on the couch, and it made a HUGE racket as I got up and ran for the toilet.

I'm only 7w2d--with my first pregnancy the pukes held off til 8 weeks...so I was hoping I had another week of *just* never-ending nausea. And I do not remember napping like this last time! This drop-dead sleep is crazy!
#14 of 17 Old 06-06-2016, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry you don't feel well @mayday I hope it starts to settle down for you soon. And I so know what you mean about the sleep!

~Kristy~

#15 of 17 Old 06-07-2016, 07:16 AM

Yes...soooo tired! The other day I went back to bed for a quick nap as soon as I got my school kids out the door. I slept til noon! My homeschool kids spent the whole morning on Netflix. Oops.
kristynwy789 likes this.
#16 of 17 Old 02-23-2017, 05:03 AM

I hope you are feeling better soon.
#17 of 17 Old 04-05-2017, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are you now feeling better?

User Tag List