Obsessive testing - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 09-20-2016, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Obsessive testing

Anyone else constantly taking tests? I got my 1st positive on the 9th, and tested daily for a few days. Now I'm down to every other day or so.

When I called today to schedule my prenatal appointment, she asked me if I needed to confirm the pregnancy. I told her I had a collection of positive tests, so I really didn't have any question. Lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-20-2016, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommy View Post
Anyone else constantly taking tests? I got my 1st positive on the 9th, and tested daily for a few days. Now I'm down to every other day or so.

When I called today to schedule my prenatal appointment, she asked me if I needed to confirm the pregnancy. I told her I had a collection of positive tests, so I really didn't have any question. Lol!
@BlessedMommy , hahahaha! "Confirm the pregnancy?", nope! I have been an obsessive tester too, in the past. Maybe because this one is a surprise, I was a little shocked the first couple weeks and only took two tests.

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#3 of 6 Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I tested like crazy, but mostly because I couldn't believe that I actually was pregnant. Having had a miscarriage in July, I was certain I was picking up traces of old hormones. But then the tests got darker and I began to feel sicker. I finally stopped last week when the tests were so dark that the test line was almost invisible because the pregnancy line was taking all the dye. My husband convinced me it was time to stop.

#4 of 6 Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, but I've been wondering if I should! No symptoms yet so it doesn't feel real, all I've got so far is a single positive test and no period. Doesn't seem like quite enough for such a big event, you know? I kind of want to keep testing to reassure myself...
#5 of 6 Old 09-21-2016, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think part of mine is that I've had 2 losses, so I scrutinize the tests to make sure the line is as dark or darker than the last one.

Plus I had just ordered a big pack of OPKS and HPTs at the beginning of this cycle, so they are just sitting there begging to be used.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
#6 of 6 Old 05-18-2017, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm really not down with the steroid! I'm going to wing it with some natural remedies first to see where I get.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page