A Few Questions For Everyone - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 11-13-2016, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
A Few Questions For Everyone

1. When are you due? How far along are you right now?

2. How are you feeling?

3. What pregnancy and/or baby # is this for you?

4. Any foods you're loving right now?

5. Foods you're hating?

6. When is your first prenatal appointment or have you already have it?

7. Do you know your birth plans (i.e. hospital, birth center, home, water birth, hypnobabies, C-section, midwife, OB, etc...)?

8. If you're experiencing nausea, does anything work for you to lessen the intensity of it?

9. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, WOHM? Plans to change it or stay as you are after baby?

10. Homeschooling or public schooling mom if you have older kiddos and/or definite plans for your little one?

11. Anything else you feel like writing about?

I'll answer mine in the comments. I suspect we haven't been an active group thus far because we are all in the yuck phase of pregnancy. But I've had a few moments of feeling better and I'm putting off doing more school work right now, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling here!

Crystal (37) married to LPN DH (41)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7/07),
(1/09), and

(7/11) and
(1/16)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-13-2016, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

6/14/17, which for me means that baby will likely be here very end of June or more likely very beginning of July. My babies like to come out post 42 weeks! So I'm currently 9 1/2 weeks along

2. How are you feeling?

Like I got hit by a mack truck and it backed up and hit me again. I'm really struggling to function here. I'm so ready for this morning sickness crap to be overweigh, which is usually around 14 weeks for me.

This is pregnancy #6 and hopefully baby #4.

Not really. It's all kind of blah right now. I'm just trying to get whatever I can down. I normally eat extremely low carb (called keto and yes, it's safe for pregnancy), but right now I'm just eating whatever I can get in. I had some nutella with a spoon today. I've been drinking ginger ale because it helps slightly.

5. Foods you're hating?

Pretty much everything. Anything that has a strong smell, texture, or flavor.

It was supposed to be 11/7, but midwife's kiddo was sick and so was mine. I probably won't see her until 12 weeks unless she really wants to reschedule. I'm not really feeling the need for an earlier appointment.

7. Do you know your birth plans (i.e. hospital, birth center, home, water birth, hypnobabies, C-section, midwife, OB, etc...)?

Provided everything stays low key and low risk, we'll have our third home hypnobabies water birth with my wonderful home birth midwife.

8. If you're experiencing nausea, does anything work for you to lessen the intensity of it?

Gatorade kinda helps and maybe ginger ale. I do have fresh ginger and crystallized ginger. I'm trying it all, but not experiencing a whole lot of relief. Last pregnancy I tried those motion sickness bands. Those didn't do diddly squat for me.

9. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, WOHM? Plans to change it or stay as you are after baby?

I'm currently a WOHM which has been a HUGE change for me this year. My hubby is doing an LPN-RN program this year and I'm somewhat supporting the family. I say somewhat because I can't find a good job at all, so he still has to work some. I gotta love that my Bachelor's degree has been so useless...lol. I'm currently going to school and completing nursing prerequisites, but that's gotten so much harder since the morning sickness hit. I started back in school in May and got an A on every single test in every subject. My last lab test and theory test in Anatomy and Physiology were a D and C respectively. Luckily I had such a high A that provided I do well on the remaining two tests I should be fine. I'm supposed to do two courses next semester, but if I still feel this crappy I may put them off. So my plan after baby is to stay home because hubby should have his RN by then. So I shouldn't have to work, but I will be taking courses and starting the RN program, unless I decide to put it off. My goal is travel RN in L&D and eventually when we settle in one spot somewhere home birth midwife.

10. Homeschooling or public schooling mom if you have older kiddos and/or definite plans for your little one?

Homeschooling mom, which has gotten interesting this year to say the least. I'd say we're unintentional unschoolers at the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone as we all start to feel better and up for interacting a bit in this group.

Crystal (37) married to LPN DH (41)
, mama to
(7/07),
(1/09), and

(7/11) and
(1/16)

#3 of 8 Old 11-14-2016, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

June 18. 9 weeks 1 day

2. How are you feeling?

Exhausted and unmotivated.

4th pregnancy. Hoping second baby.

Not really. Anything that doesn't require me cooking works for me. Lol

5. Foods you're hating?

Nothing sounds good, but nothing sounds bad either. A couple weeks ago I was craving apples and peanut butter and before that butter. But nothing now.

Not sure. My insurance is being very slow sending me info and my dr closed her practice a week before I found out about this little one. Not too worried though, I waited till 12 weeks with dd and it was kind of nice. Clear ultrasound with a big healthy baby waving at us was perfect reassurance that we were really having a baby. I'm hoping for another experience like that.

Most likely birth center if everything goes as expected. I had my dd at the same one were planning on going to and it's like a vacation it's so nice and a hospital across the street for reassurance.

I only have it when I get up and move around. So I've been spending my days laying around cuddling with dd. If I have to get up, peppermint candies help a little.

SAHM, I probably will be forever. I was a nanny before.

Homeschool. We're still in preschool phase right now. But we're committed to homeschool.
Right now we're on break because I'm too tired to do school. I'm planning on starting up when we hit second tri.

I am absolutely amazed at how different I feel this time than with my dd. I'm bigger, more tired, less sick, and more positive about the outcome. But I'm more terrified of the birth and just being pregnant than I was with dd. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. I also have severe anxiety now. I developed it around January and it's awful. So with that to deal with and a 3 year old I'm pretty distracted. I wish I could enjoy this baby a little more. I guess that's normal second time mom stuff though!

#4 of 8 Old 12-08-2016, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBugsMomma View Post

June 18. 9 weeks 1 day

2. How are you feeling?

Exhausted and unmotivated.

4th pregnancy. Hoping second baby.

Not really. Anything that doesn't require me cooking works for me. Lol

5. Foods you're hating?

Nothing sounds good, but nothing sounds bad either. A couple weeks ago I was craving apples and peanut butter and before that butter. But nothing now.

Not sure. My insurance is being very slow sending me info and my dr closed her practice a week before I found out about this little one. Not too worried though, I waited till 12 weeks with dd and it was kind of nice. Clear ultrasound with a big healthy baby waving at us was perfect reassurance that we were really having a baby. I'm hoping for another experience like that.

Most likely birth center if everything goes as expected. I had my dd at the same one were planning on going to and it's like a vacation it's so nice and a hospital across the street for reassurance.

I only have it when I get up and move around. So I've been spending my days laying around cuddling with dd. If I have to get up, peppermint candies help a little.

SAHM, I probably will be forever. I was a nanny before.

Homeschool. We're still in preschool phase right now. But we're committed to homeschool.
Right now we're on break because I'm too tired to do school. I'm planning on starting up when we hit second tri.

I am absolutely amazed at how different I feel this time than with my dd. I'm bigger, more tired, less sick, and more positive about the outcome. But I'm more terrified of the birth and just being pregnant than I was with dd. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. I also have severe anxiety now. I developed it around January and it's awful. So with that to deal with and a 3 year old I'm pretty distracted. I wish I could enjoy this baby a little more. I guess that's normal second time mom stuff though!
Aw, sorry to hear you are experiencing anxiety, BugsMama! That is no joke. I'm right there with you on the no cooking
#5 of 8 Old 12-08-2016, 01:25 PM

I am due June 11, but in Norway where I live they calculate due date as 40 weeks plus 2 days, and my two other births were a couple days early, so I guess, early June? I will be 14 weeks tomorrow woohoo!

2. How are you feeling?

I am feeling like crap. Tired and moody and nauseated. Can't wait to feel better.

This is my 4th pregnancy and will be my 3rd baby. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks between my two living kids.

Carbs. Persimmons. This christmas bread the local bakery is selling right now For awhile I was nutso for lemonade but that passed.

5. Foods you're hating?

Anything too spicy makes me feel super sick. I crave greasy food but if I eat too much of it, I feel even worse.

I went to my gyno at 9 weeks because I was visiting my parents for Thanksgiving and wanted to see if everything was OK. I have had one miscarriage while on a trip and it was NOT FUN so I didnt want to travel if I thought something was gonna happen. I also got abnormal pap results back so I had to go to the hospital for a check, which meant I got to see my babes at 12 weeks, happy and active in there (doc said cervix is probably fine).

In Norway they encourage natural birth and I have enjoyed my two birth-center like hospital births here. So I will do that again. Last time I barely made it to the center. That was a bit too intense. Maybe one extra hour for dialating this time? Hope that wishing doesn't get me a long and complicated birth I have been lucky with two awesome births. I am nervous but excited to do it again.

Distracting myself by sitting on the couch and watching netflix. Doesn't really happen that often but when it does, it is awesome.

SAHM/WOHM. We are trying to open an alternative school so I am working on that, but not getting paid. I would like to get my teaching credentials eventually so I can teach at the school we create. I love being home but I also love doing something else a bit. Ideal world would be half and half

See above: we are trying to open an alternative school, multi age with small classes, focus on play, passion and purpose. It probably wont be ready by when my oldest needs to enroll in school, so then we might homeschool. For years I wanted to homeschool but there are no other people that want to/do in my area.

I hope to really enjoy this pregnancy, since it 99% will be our last. I am not religious, but spiritual, and I felt we were called to have another soul join our family. I guess you never know how I will feel after this one, but I feel 3 is a good number for me/us. I love yoga and meditation, podcasts and cooking, walking and reading, being with my family and baths. And sleep.
#6 of 8 Old 01-21-2017, 06:51 PM

Hi, y'all!

I'm due June 25, the best I can figure. Since every single one of my nieces and nephews have all been late, I'm actually thinking this little one will come in July, but...we'll see. So that makes me about 18 weeks now!

2. How are you feeling?
Pretty good now, though I was constantly nauseated and had zero motivation for a month or two. Also, I'm at that awkward size where I'm definitely too big for any normal sized clothes and really too small for the maternity stuff. I wear leggings and T-shirts a lot, lol.

Second pregnancy, first baby. But the first pregnancy only lasted 7-8 weeks, and I only knew about it for 1. I guess that's why it took so long to accept that this one was really happening.

Fruit. It's the miracle food that keeps me not-constipated. And the cherries we've been getting around here have been absolutely delicious (I think they're from Brazil?).

5. Foods you're hating?
Sigh, homemade bread. I could never actually hate it, but it's giving me furious heartburn.

I had a 16 week appointment, and she said everything looks perfect! That fast little heartbeat is so amazing.

Home water birth with a midwife and using hypnobabies. My little sister had all 4 of hers this way, and she is my hero. Plus this area has a only one birthing center that is too far away, and most of the hospitals have over 30% C-section rates, so...that's out.

So my strategy for the nausea was to eat something substantial (protein) once per hour or something not-so-substantial (anything besides protein) every 30-45 minutes. I got real tired of standing in front of the fridge. Other than that, sitting around watching Netflix worked pretty well as a distraction as long as I kept a jar of juts at my side.

It feels funny to call myself a WAHM...since it's my first, I'm not used to thinking of myself as a mom yet! But yes, I'm a freelance woodworker with a full basement workshop that I love. The plan is to gradually ease back into work as I feel like it, basically, because I am one of the luckiest people on the planet and that works fine for our finances.

Not sure on this one. We're likely going to decline all vaccines, so as long as the personal beliefs exemption is still around by the time we get to that decision, we might go with public school. I personally hated my public school experience (socially, loved it academically), and my DH had the opposite love/hate experience, so we're open to listening to kiddo and seeing how it goes. I think I could do it...but I also love my work. So we'll see.

Glad to be part of the group! Especially glad to have so many experienced mamas on here whose brains I can pick!

Last edited by Girdie Fae Thomas; 01-21-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Formatting is nonexistent
#7 of 8 Old 02-15-2017, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey, everyone!!

1. When are you due? How far along are you right now? I'm due around June 19 officially. Makes me about 22 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Eh, I've been under a lot of stress but not because of the baby

3. What pregnancy and/or baby # is this for you? This will be my fifth kiddo!

4. Any foods you're loving right now? Not really.

5. Foods you're hating? lol not really. My appetite is just not there right now.

6. When is your first prenatal appointment or have you already have it? I've already had a few prenatal appointments

7. Do you know your birth plans (i.e. hospital, birth center, home, water birth, hypnobabies, C-section, midwife, OB, etc...)? Ugh, hospital birth so far. My last was a c section, there are very few midwives around and I'm an hour from any hospital in case of a transfer.

8. If you're experiencing nausea, does anything work for you to lessen the intensity of it? Nothing ever works!

9. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, WOHM? Plans to change it or stay as you are after baby? I'm single so I work out of the home and will have to keep it up after little bit gets here. Haven't figured out yet how I'm going to take time off

10. Homeschooling or public schooling mom if you have older kiddos and/or definite plans for your little one? My four older kids are currently in public school

11. Anything else you feel like writing about? Excited to meet other mamas
#8 of 8 Old 06-04-2017, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Due in 15 days

2. How are you feeling?

Amazing, this is my first pregnancy and part from some heartburn it has been wonderful.
Going to miss the bump and the feeling of movements!

First baby

Strawberries and cherries

5. Foods you're hating?
Anything with curry, as it makes my armpits smell immediately (whyyyy)

Ages ago

Hoping for a HB (against medical advice, which is annoying), if not then the Birth centre

Didn't have any

Will be staying at home

Not sure

Mothering forums have really helped me grow i confidence, it is such a fantastic resource. not sure what I would do without it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page