1. When are you due? How far along are you right now?
I am due June 11, but in Norway where I live they calculate due date as 40 weeks plus 2 days, and my two other births were a couple days early, so I guess, early June? I will be 14 weeks tomorrow woohoo!
2. How are you feeling?
I am feeling like crap. Tired and moody and nauseated. Can't wait to feel better.
3. What pregnancy and/or baby # is this for you?
This is my 4th pregnancy and will be my 3rd baby. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks between my two living kids.
4. Any foods you're loving right now?
Carbs. Persimmons. This christmas bread the local bakery is selling right now
For awhile I was nutso for lemonade but that passed.
5. Foods you're hating?
Anything too spicy makes me feel super sick. I crave greasy food but if I eat too much of it, I feel even worse.
6. When is your first prenatal appointment or have you already have it?
I went to my gyno at 9 weeks because I was visiting my parents for Thanksgiving and wanted to see if everything was OK. I have had one miscarriage while on a trip and it was NOT FUN so I didnt want to travel if I thought something was gonna happen. I also got abnormal pap results back so I had to go to the hospital for a check, which meant I got to see my babes at 12 weeks, happy and active in there (doc said cervix is probably fine).
7. Do you know your birth plans (i.e. hospital, birth center, home, water birth, hypnobabies, C-section, midwife, OB, etc...)?
In Norway they encourage natural birth and I have enjoyed my two birth-center like hospital births here. So I will do that again. Last time I barely made it to the center. That was a bit too intense. Maybe one extra hour for dialating this time? Hope that wishing doesn't get me a long and complicated birth
I have been lucky with two awesome births. I am nervous but excited to do it again.
8. If you're experiencing nausea, does anything work for you to lessen the intensity of it?
Distracting myself by sitting on the couch and watching netflix. Doesn't really happen that often but when it does, it is awesome.
9. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, WOHM? Plans to change it or stay as you are after baby?
SAHM/WOHM. We are trying to open an alternative school so I am working on that, but not getting paid. I would like to get my teaching credentials eventually so I can teach at the school we create. I love being home but I also love doing something else a bit. Ideal world would be half and half
10. Homeschooling or public schooling mom if you have older kiddos and/or definite plans for your little one?
See above: we are trying to open an alternative school, multi age with small classes, focus on play, passion and purpose. It probably wont be ready by when my oldest needs to enroll in school, so then we might homeschool. For years I wanted to homeschool but there are no other people that want to/do in my area.
11. Anything else you feel like writing about?
I hope to really enjoy this pregnancy, since it 99% will be our last. I am not religious, but spiritual, and I felt we were called to have another soul join our family. I guess you never know how I will feel after this one, but I feel 3 is a good number for me/us. I love yoga and meditation, podcasts and cooking, walking and reading, being with my family and baths. And sleep.