How are you feeling? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
 12Likes

#61 of 93 Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
@hi_i_am_leah I am so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

@FyerFly I think the D helps my mood too and my immune system. I notice a difference. Maybe you could have your levels checked?

I have been feeling more energetic lately, hopeful that the second trimester is better than the first, but I've been sick with a monster headache all day today. Does anyone have effective natural treatments for headaches? I just try to rest, hydrate and rest again. Cold feels good. I hope everyone else is feeling well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 93 Old 02-16-2017, 07:04 PM

@justlizzy I just read your post about the cold! I hope that you feel better now. I feel like it's hard being sick when pregnant! Pregnant women should be exempt!
#63 of 93 Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
@~Chava~ 1000% in agreement. I'm still trying to kick the darn thing. You'd think that pregnancy would give us super immunity or something to offset all the other fun symptoms.

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3

#64 of 93 Old 02-23-2017, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
I've been feeling so much more nauseous than I remember the first time around. Not in severity (I still have NOTHING to complain about, comparatively speaking) but just in duration and persistence. I'm almost 14 weeks and still having a lot of trouble with foods/smells and just generally feeling sick for a lot of the day. I was really hoping to notice a shift by now!! Is anyone else having a similar experience? Theres a small part of me that is hopeful it might be a sign we're having a girl

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
#65 of 93 Old 02-27-2017, 04:09 PM

@FyerFly -- right there with you for the smell aversions. I'm currently baking pork chops for dinner and am thinking that I may feed DS and pass on them myself. We passed on getting deep dish while in Chicago over the weekend because while it was something I had been looking forward to for weeks, all of the sudden the thought of eating something full of cheese sounded like the WORST idea ever.

We're both leaning with girl this time around. Partly because my body hair is not nearly as crazy as it was when I was pregnant with DS. We'll find out in April though I'm trying to figure out if how we could do a fun Easter themed announcement for our families.

------

#66 of 93 Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh @justlizzy an Easter themed announcement sounds like so much fun!

I had a monster headache over the weekend, and talking to my pregnant friends in real life about it, they say they also had headaches around 14-15 weeks. But I dont remember having any headaches last time! Weird.

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
#67 of 93 Old 03-04-2017, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Question about round ligament pain -- I've mostly experienced it as triggered by sudden movement (rolling over in bed, getting up too fast, etc.) but the last day or two I've had a sharp persistent pain near where my right ovary is (usually, anyway, haha!). I asked my midwife about it, and she said its probably not a cyst (which was my guess) but round ligament pain. Its just weird because its such a specific location and I feel it even if I'm not moving around. Not constant, intermittent, but still oddly persistent (compared to other RLP I've experienced). Anyone have experience with this?? If it gets worse, we'll do an ultrasound at my appointment this week to peek around, but otherwise hopefully it won't last too long...we'll see, I guess! Seems like every weekend I have another "lovely" new symptom that I don't remember from last time around...

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#68 of 93 Old 03-06-2017, 05:47 AM

@FyerFly -- I've been experiencing that on both sides for over a week. My OB suggested trying to stretch and avoid lifting heavy things, which includes my giant toddler. I've also gotten it from just shifting positions. :-/

------

#69 of 93 Old 03-06-2017, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

@justlizzy darn sorry you're feeling it too. but definitely reassuring. As of mid-day yesterday, its definitely not as intense - I wonder if all my stretching in yoga on Saturday AM helped calm things down! Who knows.

I think I might finally be turning a corner with nausea too. Still a little food smell-averse (I could NOT eat the amazing home cooked stew DH made yesterday - not even a bite), but the last few days I've felt pretty good more of the day than not.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#70 of 93 Old 03-06-2017, 05:48 PM

I am SO ready to be over the coffee aversion that developed with this pregnancy. Tea fills in a bit with the caffeine need, but I actually miss the taste of coffee!

------

#71 of 93 Old 03-20-2017, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure what is going on in there, but today has been a major "I have to pee EVERY minute" day. Either the little one is sitting on or punching my bladder, or something else, I don't know!!!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#72 of 93 Old 03-22-2017, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

...and now my good old friend pregnancy insomnia is back for a visit!! I used to wake up in early morning hours, for about 2 hours, frequently while pregnant with DS. Hoping this is a blip and not a returning trend!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#73 of 93 Old 03-22-2017, 06:30 AM

Pregnancy insomnia was the WORST! I hope it doesn't last long @FyerFly .
FyerFly likes this.

------

#74 of 93 Old 03-28-2017, 01:36 PM

Is anyone else experiencing extremely sore breasts and nipples. I don't remember it being quite THIS bad with DS.

------

#75 of 93 Old 03-28-2017, 06:39 PM

I've recently found that increasing magnesium helps to reduce the sore breasts and nipples. It has really been an amazing help. Food sources are leafy greens, dates, nuts, beans, lentils, kiwi. Many vitamins say that they contain magnesium, but it doesn't usually absorb well and most Americans are deficient in it too! One reason is that the soil is deficient in magnesium. The supplement Naturally Calm is the most easily absorbed supplement form of magnesium.

Interestingly, magnesium is also important for labor. It works with potassium and calcium to coordinate muscle contractions. It may help to make for a more effective and comfortable labor pattern. Signs of deficiency include constipation, leg cramps, and frequent hiccups.
Turner58800 likes this.
#76 of 93 Old 03-29-2017, 11:00 AM

@~Chava~ -- am I correct in remembering that you can absorb it through a bath if you use epsom salt? I may look into getting some Naturally Calm to add it my supplements, especially since I'm hoping for a successful VBAC.

------

#77 of 93 Old 03-29-2017, 08:26 PM

@justlizzy yes! I have not tried the bath, but hear it works too!
#78 of 93 Old 04-03-2017, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

I've had super annoying nausea lately The only thing I think it might be is that I may not actually be eating enough, or frequently enough, or enough protein. Something like that. Really hoping I can work on that and help it go away!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#79 of 93 Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 AM

I think I'm with you on the not consuming enough protein @FyerFly -- somedays I find eating to be SUCH a chore. I know I need to for both of our sake, but I just don't want to put anything into my body. Or I'll be really hungry and then as soon as I sit down to eat it all looks awful.

Is anyone else dealing with going back and forth between being blocked up for a few days and alternating running to the bathroom to avoid an emergency? I don't remember this happening with DS's pregnancy. Constipation yes, but that cleared up once I took the advice of the pharmacist and started taking my iron in the evenings with a short glass of OJ. I can't put my finger on what's going on this time though.

------

#80 of 93 Old 04-04-2017, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the not-enough-protein and eating-as-chore front, @justlizzy I'm going to talk to my midwife about it tomorrow. The nausea is not funny anymore!!

I've been surprisingly regular this time around -- but I will say I remember having the back-and-forth thing you're talking about while pregnant with DS.

Another thing I'm feeling is a little annoyed. My program director keeps making these comments about how "prolific" our group of PhD students is, and about the number of babies we are having, etc. I know it isn't remotely personal, but it's wearing on me (how my baby is just part of one big department joke) - just makes me remember how awkward it can sometimes be in professional environments for women who are pregnant, while men don't have to deal with any of that crap. I feel like part of the issue is that people feel uncomfortable around pregnant women - like they don't really know what to say so they just keep saying the same awkward and somewhat inappropriate things. I have a friend who is due within a week or two, and a colleague commented to me today about how big she looks and asked me if she's having twins (no.) ...makes me think that many people just aren't used to being around heavily pregnant women. Annoying. All of it.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#81 of 93 Old 04-05-2017, 07:31 AM

Wouldn't comments like that *technically* be discriminatory?

DH actually went off on a visiting professor on Monday over comments he made about a graduate student (from another department) who had to bring in her 8-month old to meeting with her adviser. He said that the baby was obviously just tired and hungry and just needed to nurse, but the mom probably had no choice about bringing the baby to the meeting - if her situation is like ours her partner was probably working. Turned out the jerk guy had twins, but his wife was a SAHM (no disrespect to you who are!) so he would have never been in that situation. Dude, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. DH got some major kudos from 99% of the female grad students for standing up for the poor mom. I did ask what DH'd do in that situation and he said he'd tell any future advisees to feel free to nurse/change diapers, whatever they needed to do to make the baby comfortable and happy.

So my office has been undergoing a facelift and our floor has been without coffee for two weeks -- they brought in freshly brewed stuff today and I've been sick to my stomach. I am SO ready for the coffee aversion to go away!

------

#82 of 93 Old 04-05-2017, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

In my case, I'm not sure what exactly to call it ... other than annoying No one has kept me from participating in anything or directly made offensive comments to me that made me uncomfortable, its just my general annoyance with how people's pregnancies in our program are being made as a joke over and over. I think the biggest take away for me is it is making people uncomfortable. Maybe that's a good thing! But I won't be sad to be in a new workplace soon. I think part of what might be happening is our program is somewhat new, so most people in our school are used to "students" being a lot younger (undergrads and masters students fresh out of undergrad). Its not nearly so rare for people getting PhDs to also have or be growing families, and I guess its just our job as the first few cohorts to lead by example. Which can be fun sometimes and obnoxious others.

Glad your DH stood up for the graduate student!! That's really neat.

Bummer about your continuing coffee aversion!!! Especially with all the fresh brewed smells...

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#83 of 93 Old 04-11-2017, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

My good ol' lower right back pain is back. I remember this EXACT pain from being pregnant with DS. I went to chiropractor last time, and it cleared up after 3 sessions, but I can't even think about scheduling appointments and dealing with that right now. I'm kind of hoping it just goes away. From what I remember, walking is supposed to help, as well as improving my sleeping position (which is quite wonky). If it continues, though, I'll probably have to cave and get my butt back to the chiropractor - I found a new one that I like a lot better, but I kind of dropped the ball a few months ago and stopped scheduling appointments because we just couldn't afford it and I didn't feel like dealing with it (she's out of network, so it costs way more). But now I might have to.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#84 of 93 Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM

I'd go back [email protected] -- I needed physical therapy last time with DS, and decided I should probably get back in as soon as I started having symptoms again this go around.

------

#85 of 93 Old 04-12-2017, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Yep I think I'm going to -- I searched our local mom group last night to see if there might be another one under my insurance that I haven't tried -- and found one! So I'll set an appointment and go very soon. Are your symptoms back @justlizzy ? Have you started PT?

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#86 of 93 Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 AM

I'm in the initial adjustment stage right now and start PT next week. My symptoms were in my lower back and hips -- with the hips it almost feels like they're misaligned, which did happen during DS's pregnancy.

------

#87 of 93 Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting how certain things hit at exactly the same point in pregnancy - for me, I wonder if part of it is things are just getting heavier, so causing more strain...hope your adjustments and PT go really well, @justlizzy . I'm on the books for an appointment next week

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#88 of 93 Old 04-24-2017, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

I think my "honeymoon period" for lack of bowel issues is coming to an end. I'm enjoying some weird fluctuations and its bringing back memories of last time. Oh well, at least I had 22 weeks of relative calm in that area! I've also been dragging a lot the last few mornings - DS has had a cold for about 1.5 weeks and I'm realllly hoping that I'm not catching it. We have a fun short weekend camping trip planned this upcoming weekend, and if one or both of us is still "down," we'll have to cancel!!

How is everyone else feeling?

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#89 of 93 Old 04-24-2017, 06:51 AM

I hope you're over it soon @FyerFly so you can still camp!

Overall just tired. But I spent a LOT of time outside and at the playground with DS over the weekend due to needing to fly solo so DH could present a paper in NH.

I realized that I really DO need to kick the sugar habit once my chocolate bunny from Easter is gone (yes, we buy them for ourselves too!). I've been *so* bad lately, and I'm pretty sure that's a big part of why I've been tired and dragging lately.

------

#90 of 93 Old 04-24-2017, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

@justlizzy I've been feeling guilty over sugar and white carbs lately too. I just know how much better I was at this point with DS...got to get back to that!! A few weeks ago, I think I went a little too extreme (cutting EVERYTHING yummy and bad for you out) and it kind of boomeranged. So now my goal is to figure out a happy medium - generally limiting sugars but permitting treats here and there, too Are you doing the GD test? I'm not sure what kind/if I am, but if so, its coming up pretty soon...

Mama to DS
born June 2015

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page