Vitamins and Suppliments - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By msspriss

#1 of 10 Old 01-06-2017, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Vitamins and Suppliments

What are you taking or what do you plan on taking?

I'm taking gummy vitamins again with an additional iron supplement again this time around, plus an extra prenatal iron and fiber gummy. I'd rather just take a tablet or liquid, especially since Mr. Toddler asks for some every single morning. Telling him it's "mommy's medicine" doesn't help at all, but I'm sticking with the gummy variety since the other formats resulted in immediate puking (likely due to the iron in the formulas, hence taking it separately) up until the week before I gave birth,

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Im taking new chapter perfect prenatals - they are the smallest most swallow-able vegetarian tablets i could find last time around, and ive been taking them between pregnancies too (though not at full dose or with the same regularity). Im also thinking of taking an additional vitamin d supplement at my dads recommendation...hes a little obsessed w the benefits of d, but i also want to check with my mw at our first visit in a few weeks to make sure she thinks that sounds good.

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
#3 of 10 Old 01-08-2017, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am currently taking Smartypants gummy prenatal and Olly gummy fiber. I liked the smartypants for the first two bottles but the texture bothers me now, I prefer the Olly texture (much firmer). I plan to use the smartypants through the first tri as they have folate not folic acid. I will probably use the Olly after that as they are cheaper too, I may alternate the two for the rest of the first tri.
FyerFly likes this.

#4 of 10 Old 01-12-2017, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
On Vitamin D -- my new chiropractor recommended starting off with 10,000 IU /day! 10,000!!!!! Seems like a lot, but her thinking is you build up stores, then go on a lower-dose of 5,000 to maintain it. I haven't heard/read anything bad about taking extra D, but I also don't want to go overboard here...

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
#5 of 10 Old 01-13-2017, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I'm so bad this time around. Skipping prenatals! Not on purpose just keep forgetting. So worn out! Prolly need them. Been taking Vit D.
#6 of 10 Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been horrible with vitamins this time around. I had awful morning sickness pretty much from weeks 5-11ish, and could not handle the thought of swallowing pills. I ended up switching back to the organic brand I used to buy, and now I'm pretty much fine. Just still getting my energy back. Here is what I try to take daily:
1. Pure Synergy Purenatal
2. Pure Synergy vitamin c (I take the powder form which is not the most pleasant thing, but it's cheaper than the capsules)
3. Thorne Research Iron Bisglycinate (i get this from the naturopath that we go to - I actually take 2 a day, for anemia. I take it with the vitamin c, and, I see a complete difference in my energy level)
4. Thorne Research Vitamin D/K2 drops
5. Pure Synergy Bone Renewal (this was a LIFE SAVER for the afterpains with baby #2 , I don't know why I didn't take it when in labor! My mom thought i had taken pain killers, because she heard me moaning in pain, and then awhile later didn't hear a sound from me. I had asked her to bring me meds and the bone renewal, but I actually only took the bone renewal. That stuff is miraculous)
6. Klaire Labs Therbiotic Complete (also from ND)

The pure synergy stuff is expensive, but they are the best I've found, compared to all the other organic/natural options. Oh, and chamomile ginger tea (I just poured a cup of chamomile and put a slice of ginger in a pot and brought to boil, and then strained in coffee strainer) was super helpful with helping my appetite.
#7 of 10 Old 03-16-2017, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I was taking Rainbow Naturals, Fish Oil, and extra Vit D (per dr rec), but I'm wondering if I can get a prenatal with DHA? Anyone taking something like that? I used Twin Labs last pregnancy and that was fine. Maybe I should just go back to what I know!
#8 of 10 Old 03-16-2017, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I am vegan so I feel like I take a boatload of vitamins haha I take the Megafood Baby & Me prenatal, Megafood B12, Rainbow Lite Calcium, Vitamin D3 drops, and Nutravege DHA.
#9 of 10 Old 03-16-2017, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerlisha View Post
I was taking Rainbow Naturals, Fish Oil, and extra Vit D (per dr rec), but I'm wondering if I can get a prenatal with DHA? Anyone taking something like that? I used Twin Labs last pregnancy and that was fine. Maybe I should just go back to what I know!
I am taking a DHA with my prenatal, it shouldn't be a problem at all. I just space them out so I am not taking them close together (my prenatal I am supposed to take 4 a day, so I do those as early as I can in the morning and then take my DHA before bed.)
#10 of 10 Old 04-02-2017, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaThankingGod View Post
I have been horrible with vitamins this time around. I had awful morning sickness pretty much from weeks 5-11ish, and could not handle the thought of swallowing pills. I ended up switching back to the organic brand I used to buy, and now I'm pretty much fine. Just still getting my energy back. Here is what I try to take daily:
1. Pure Synergy Purenatal
2. Pure Synergy vitamin c (I take the powder form which is not the most pleasant thing, but it's cheaper than the capsules)
3. Thorne Research Iron Bisglycinate (i get this from the naturopath that we go to - I actually take 2 a day, for anemia. I take it with the vitamin c, and, I see a complete difference in my energy level)
4. Thorne Research Vitamin D/K2 drops
5. Pure Synergy Bone Renewal (this was a LIFE SAVER for the afterpains with baby #2 , I don't know why I didn't take it when in labor! My mom thought i had taken pain killers, because she heard me moaning in pain, and then awhile later didn't hear a sound from me. I had asked her to bring me meds and the bone renewal, but I actually only took the bone renewal. That stuff is miraculous)
6. Klaire Labs Therbiotic Complete (also from ND)

The pure synergy stuff is expensive, but they are the best I've found, compared to all the other organic/natural options. Oh, and chamomile ginger tea (I just poured a cup of chamomile and put a slice of ginger in a pot and brought to boil, and then strained in coffee strainer) was super helpful with helping my appetite.
We all know how Omega 3 is important for baby's brain development. Future mommy's
that needs it, can order first free bottle on https://dietstandards.com/signup27/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page