• 1 Post By justlizzy
  • 1 Post By FyerFly
  • 1 Post By FyerFly

#1 of 12 Old 01-24-2017, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Pregnancy Clothes!

Has anyone had to migrate already? I had to when we were in Texas last week -- on Friday I was doing the hair band and unzipped jeans thing and had to ask my mom to stop by Motherhood so I could get a pair of pants I could fly comfortably in! Means I need to wash all my maternity clothes I have stored from last time... Also I'm pretty sure at 8 weeks I'm as big as I was at 14 with my first pregnancy, and my cousin even commented that I was most definitely showing when we were with my mom's family.
FyerFly likes this.

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-24-2017, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Yep, here too i dont think it will be a secret at work much longer (not that im doind much/anything to hide it, wearing a cute maternity wrap dress haha) im all about leggings and dresses this time around. So comfy!!
~Chava~ likes this.

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
#3 of 12 Old 01-24-2017, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Just pulled out my maternity clothes too. I've mostly been wearing comfy tights, and the other day I pulled out my yoga pants that I stretched out last pregnancy. I have some cute skirts and dresses to wear, but the weather is still too cold. I have one dress in particular that I wore so much last time that I'm already sick of it. I think I'm going to have to hit up my local thrift shop and find some new maternity clothes, because I'm already dreading wearing the same couple outfits for the next 7 months.

I too look much bigger than I did with my first. I swear, last time I didn't truly start showing until I was half way through. Now at 10 weeks I'm already showing! If I wasn't bundled up all the time for the weather, I bet others would start to suspect I was pregnant. I'm guessing by the time spring comes there will be no denying it!

Mother to DD born August 2014!

Be courageously authentic, present, and full of love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 12 Old 01-24-2017, 05:37 PM

I'm in the lucky position of having a maternity clothes "lending library" from my SIL. She and I wear the same size, and she has TONS of clothes (bags and bags, probably more quantity than I even own in "regular" clothes) so for me, each time I've gotten pregnant, its like I get to go shopping for free clothes in her basement So most everything I'm wearing, is for the first time. There's a few things I remember borrowing from last pg, but not many since the seasons were different. I'm also wearing a lot more professional stuff this time, since last time around I was a student, and now I'm teaching.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#5 of 12 Old 01-27-2017, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

So I found an intact pair of jeans from last time around -- which is fortunate because I ordered a new pair that were on clearance from Motherhood and when they came in they were... um... NOT my style at all - they did NOT look *that* ripped or *that* light of a wash online I'm hoping that when I take them into Once Upon a Child they'll give me a decent amount for them.

I wore maternity pants to work this week, but before The Limited went under I splurged and got a bunch of tunic-y blouses so I should be ok keeping things under wraps for now. Or at least that's my hope!

------

#6 of 12 Old 03-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is a badly kept secret that quality affordable maternity clothes are very difficult to find. A brand that I found which is increases the value of the garment by allowing you to wear it both during and after pregnancy is Modern Eternity. It's basic and stylish - nothing over the top.
#7 of 12 Old 04-30-2017, 11:17 AM

Just had to share that I bought a new black maternity swimsuit that I LOVE and am now very excited for summertime at our neighborhood pool. It's already getting hot here, and I think its going to feel so great to get in the water (and will probably be one of the only ways I'll be able to tolerate spending long periods of time outside with DS in the heat, and I know he will want to be out all summer long...)
justlizzy likes this.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#8 of 12 Old 05-01-2017, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

I just dug my suit out too! I need to go buy a new one for DS, but soon as it warms up a touch more we'll be hitting the lake

Also, I had to buy a couple more warm weather maternity blouses over the weekend. I thought I was going to be good with maternity clothes, but then had a "duh" moment realizing there is a BIG difference between a baby being due in May vs one due Aug/Sept and what I need to wear. I ended up hitting up Target at the right time -- it looked like they had just restocked. I may go back and grab a tank dress to wear for Mother's Day

------

#9 of 12 Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM

@justlizzy oooh the lake!! YES! We have some lovely lakes near where we live, I'll definitely need to plan on a few trips this summer. We took DS on his first canoe ride at a lake last summer, and he did NOT like it - I'm really hoping he changes his mind this summer, because we love getting out on the water.

Thanks for the target tip, too. I went to Old Navy the other day looking for a summery dress to wear to a wedding, and the maternity section was gutted! It used to be a whole little room of sorts, and now its two sad-looking racks on the back wall, wedged between the baby and toddler stuff. Too bad! I think I may be in need of a few more pieces of clothing for summer, too - I've been so focused on getting through the class properly dressed (one more session tomorrow!) that I haven't given a thought to what I'll wear over the summer. Most days I'll be around the house, either watching DS or working from home, but I'll also have to go to meetings once in a while and will be making trips to some archives - I'm guessing loose-fitting tees and sporty shorts probably won't fly in either of those settings...

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#10 of 12 Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ive already equipped myself with a handful of maternity bras and one of these post pregnancy corsets at cosymama.com which are supposed to help tighten my belly after pregnancy So looking forward
#11 of 12 Old 05-26-2017, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

I threw in the towel and ordered more maternity clothes just now - including three more maternity skirts. I was DYING from overheating in the office yesterday.

FYI -- Motherhood has 40% off their sale section right now!

------

#12 of 12 Old 05-26-2017, 07:23 PM

Oooh thanks for the tip! I really want to find a comfy summer dress. I got a cute dress to wear to a wedding next week, but its really sheer, so I'll have to wear a bunch of stuff under it, which is no fun for regular jaunts around town...

Mama to DS
born June 2015

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page