Feet Swelling... - Mothering Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By justlizzy

#1 of 6 Old 05-25-2017, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Feet Swelling...

I am really due the end of Sept. However, our DDC is basically dead. I am 21 almost 22 weeks and in the last couple days my feet have started to swell. This seems really early to me! I am trying to up my water intake, is there anything else I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-25-2017, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
@Turner58800 join us!!! Our two most active posters (@justlizzy and me) are also expecting September-ish babies

Mine have started swelling occasionally too, and though I'm 26-27ish weeks now, it definitely happened a few weeks ago. I think part of what's going on for me is a change in season - we are starting to see some hotter weather where I live. Water for sure, and the other thing that helps me is putting my legs up the wall for about 10 min. We do this at the end of every yoga class and it kind of prickles at first, but then feels amazing!! You just kind of scooch your butt up to a wall and stretch your legs up and let all the blood drain out.

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
#3 of 6 Old 05-26-2017, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
@Turner58800 -- FyerFly and I were talking about going ahead and migrating to FB. Maybe we make it for both the August and Sept groups?

I'm also starting to swell -- I think part of it is due to it starting to get warmer, but I'm also pushing the water. I'm going to have to try the wall trick @FyerFly !

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3

#4 of 6 Old 05-26-2017, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Thank you for including me!! I am technically due Oct. 1st but the october DDC doesn't have much going on either! I have been lurking in August but hesitant to respond since it is technically jumping two months . I will def. try that yoga/wall exercise! This whole week the tops of my feet are quite tingly by the time I get off work. I am trying to up my water, but it is hard for me! I have been trying to sleep with my feet elevated too. I am also wondering if I start drinking my RRLT blend if that will help. It contains nettles which is supposed to help with water retention.

A facebook group would be fun!
#5 of 6 Old 05-26-2017, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
@Turner58800 I just had a weird thought - I have problems with water retention (retaining TOO much) when I eat too much salty stuff. Are you getting enough salt? Not saying to overdo it of course, but I wonder if that could be another trick to try...though who knows that could be the opposite of the right thing to do

I'm so sad that the MDC DDCs are so so sooooo quiet - I say we band together regardless of particular due date(s). @justlizzy do you want to start a group, or should I? Maybe we can also start a thread here (and in Sept too??) and tag a few of our buddies to invite them to join us if they want to...

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
#6 of 6 Old 05-30-2017, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
@FyerFly -- just made one! Hope to see you and @Turner58800 over there
FyerFly and Turner58800 like this.

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3