I need to work from home. What are my options? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

44Likes

#31 of 41 Old 06-21-2016, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love your determination! I got super serious about figuring out how to work from home and ended up scaling up to around $3k or more a month, part-time. It took a lot of time and work, but was totally worth it.

Full disclosure - I had already worked as a full-time freelancer for years, but all of the work required long hours and on-site work. So when we moved from NYC to ATL and was pregnant with my first, I decided to get serious about creating a new career for myself.

First I made a list of all the skills I had from writing, video editing, typing to knowing my way around Facebook. Then I started scouring sites like ProBlogger and UpWork and spending a ton of time on my cover letters and samples and really standing out. I did a lot of research online about how people were winning these jobs, which really helped. I also started telling old clients and various friends I was looking for work at home, and that helped spread the word. Eventually I started doing social media consulting for an old client, became a blog Manager for a marketing firm and started freelance writing.

It's an ongoing hustle finding work, but I much prefer this to the office life. I've also learned how to create extra income through odd jobs like testing websites (literally just clicking around on a site and giving my opinion while my voice is being recorded), transcribing, focus groups, etc. Then I took a look at my budget and got creative about finding creative alternatives to what we were spending money on.

You can do this. It just takes some time and nonstop persistence. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM

Sorry to hear you are not happy where you are. Don't worry, there are definitely plenty of jobs and careers that will satisfy your desires. Personally, I know several women that work from home with their employers. There are lots of positions out there where you can work from home, though they may not advertise it in the job ad.

Most administrative type jobs can be done from home. What I would do is this: I would look at job ads for administrative work that pays enough to meet your needs. $300 a week shouldn't be hard to find, even without a ton of education.

I would call them up and ask if there is an option to work from home. Many of these positions will not tell you that you can work from home until the interview. So just call them up and apply for the ones that say you can work from home.
applejuice likes this.
#33 of 41 Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 PM

You certainly make alot of money working from home depending on the company you align yourself with. I started with a home based call center, The Prosperity Network, and I am grateful I found them. Whatever your income requirement, you can match or exceed it based on what you are doing in the call center. plus.google.com/107444345856430812242/posts/bx69We3tga9

You can also refer to callcenterhomebased.info
applejuice likes this.

#34 of 41 Old 10-07-2017, 01:03 PM

When we say "working from home", that usually eludes to working for a company that allows one to work in the comfort of one's home. My definition of "working from home" is building a business out of the home.

The author of this thread mentioned going to school for training and investment. I would recommend both, but perhaps one at a time. When it comes to education, I recommend getting degrees vs certifications. Certifications are usually directed towards working for an employer or creating businesses that more than likely have limits on how much one can make. While degrees such as bachelors, masters, and doctorates, give the person more education and experience with his/her area of expertise. This in turn creates trust in the public, making it easier to begin and maintain a business.

If a person already has the education, then I would recommend investing money and time in starting a business vs investing in an employer. Find what you are GOOD at, not what you love. Many people get caught up trying to turn their hobbies into businesses. They are not able to make decisions to promote business because of the emotional connection to the product or service.

www.jm3digitalmarketing.com
#35 of 41 Old 11-20-2017, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What about online resourses for copywriters, if you are a good writer? It works!

And you can also have your small handmade business and buy your items. It for money and for soul. As for me, I am a copywriter, and I'm a private teacher (have some students), and I make funny backpacks (as on the photo, my bags are for my good mood and for my soul, because I haven't got a lot of sales yet, and they are great gifts for my friends and relatives).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8216.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	51085  

Add colours into your life:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#36 of 41 Old 03-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia Zakomirna View Post
What about online resourses for copywriters, if you are a good writer? It works!

And you can also have your small handmade business and buy your items. It for money and for soul. As for me, I am a copywriter, and I'm a private teacher (have some students), and I make funny backpacks (as on the photo, my bags are for my good mood and for my soul, because I haven't got a lot of sales yet, and they are great gifts for my friends and relatives).
that is lovely
#37 of 41 Old 08-23-2018, 07:23 AM

Freelance
#38 of 41 Old 09-09-2018, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Oh how I miss all the great moms on this thread!!! Miss you all.
#39 of 41 Old 09-20-2018, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Smile

Sometimes we girls lose ourselves in our kids and families and forget what our passions were before. I found that I had to dig deep and feel out what my talents were again. Some people have developed their talents while some of us haven't as much. Without giving too much away, until I had some health issues and needed to reach out and understand what was going on with my body, I didn't realize how well I retain information and can share it with others. I personally have found sucess with various MLM companies, some are more MLM than others - if that makes sense? Feel free to lemme know what you think. I'm totes an open book, especially when it comes to health, wellness, and providing for the fam!

Much love,

Aubrey
#40 of 41 Old 09-20-2018, 12:12 PM

I write content for some healthcare agencies. A lot of social media posts. All of it is WFM.
#41 of 41 Old 01-01-2019, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I love doing childcare, specifically for infants and toddlers My children are teens now and it gives me time to be home and available for them!
Nazsmum likes this.

Tri-aspiring momma of 2 AP'd, BF'd, BW'd, GD'd teens

Lyme Disease survivor

POTS/Dysautonomia survivor

Endometriosis survivor?...

Infant & Toddler Childcare Provider @

Published Author of WAITING FOR PAINT TO DRY

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page