Looking for a logo designer - Mothering Forums

#1 of 18 Old 07-21-2004, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in need of a logo designer (please send samples of your work if interested). I have looked at one site that says $250 for a hand drawn original image. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money. Is this the norm? I just want to prepare myself if so!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 07-21-2004, 06:40 PM

I think pricing on a logo is going to vary on many factors.

1) the level of difficulty in creating your logo
2) the time involved
3) the contractor you hire

if the logo takes 30 minutes it is likely to cost you much less then a logo that takes 20 hours.
Also, some contractors work at a scale much larger then what many of us WAHMs would consider. For example, in Portland I knew contractors who made upwards of $250 per hour for web/programming work, but I have seen wahms do an hours worth of work for $5 so it does vary so much based on the different circumstances.

I know we have a slew of good resources here at MDC. Check out the WAHMconnect subforum for some different wahm listings as well!
Good luck-
LaLa
#3 of 18 Old 07-21-2004, 07:25 PM

A place I've looked into and that my husband used for his logo was www.logosaurus.com. They charge a flat rate of $149 (though it appears on their site like they are having a special of $69!). It's 100% guaranteed too. If you don't like their design, you get your money back.

They are fast, good, and inexpensive. Their portfolio speaks for itself. And if you want to see my hubby's logo, go to www.dexterity.com. He told them family, friendly, and fun and that's what they came up with.

They will make as many revisions as you need for no extra charge. I'm probably going to have them do a logo for me too.

#4 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 07:37 PM

I love my web designer ...inkprince.com...she does custom logo work as well. She has a pretty extensive portfolio...

HTH!
#5 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

I checked out inkprince and e-mailed them. I am in love with all of their things!
#6 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Ame

inkprince is very talented AND affordable

did I mention nice ?
#7 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 09:55 PM

Great!!!! Tell Ink "Tif says hi!" tee hee!!!
#8 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 09:57 PM

I didn't see a price for Inkprince.com. What does she charge for logo work?
#9 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

I have no clue about logo work prices but frankly it's worth her price to set up my website or design it or whatever it's called!
#10 of 18 Old 07-22-2004, 11:58 PM

hmmm...i don't see the price either . But I'm sure if you email her she can give you a quote!
#11 of 18 Old 07-24-2004, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

I ended up using a mama here, ILuvMyBaby, and it's going great. Her website is www.cwdesigns.com if you want to check it out. She is also working with a few other Moms so I am sure you will hear more about her soon!
#12 of 18 Old 07-25-2004, 05:58 PM

A few words on logos.

I have paid $50.00 for a logo and I have paid $250.00 for a hand-drawn, original logo.

If a designer is not an artist (in the sense of 'drawing') and is talented in creating logos using others' original artwork and manipulating it to meet your need, the cost of the logo will be considerably cheaper. My logo at TDH is one such logo. It is two different images ... both previously used elsewhere ... manipulated to meet my need. I love it - fits what I needed, but it is definitely not original.

Hand-drawn logos are different. They take hours ... pencil it out, scan it and send to customer for approval, feedback, etc... modify to meet customer's vision of what they desire ... scan it in again to 'color' it digitally in software ... more hours ... shading/etc... again - customer approval ... usually a few modifications ... customer approval. Easily 8 to 10 hour project. These are the $250.00 logo prices. It is YOURS ... it has come from your head ... it is original ... and originality costs. Wait until you consider trademarking it! YIKES! :

When you are looking around, be sure to check the portfolios or request previous work done. I've even gone so far as to check with those that had work done by the designer. If this is to be your company logo, you want to be certain about the person designing it.

I have now used Jessica at www.kiwi-designs.com for three different projects. Two were hand-drawn (one of which is not up yet and another can be found here.)

Aid for Orphans' logo was also created by Jessica.

Ali of www.groovylizard.com did my current company logo - manipulated, like I said, from other graphics. It was part of the web-package, but I'd like to say it was about $35.00.
#13 of 18 Old 07-25-2004, 09:52 PM

Heather, who's Izzy?
Is that me and you? :LOL
#14 of 18 Old 07-25-2004, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybee
Heather, who's Izzy?
Is that me and you? :LOL
:LOL I know, right? :LOL Too funny!

Izzy is the name my oldest gave my mother (her name is Elizabeth). She started sewing for my gals and now, others. I think she wanted to be Momma Lizzie, but that didn't fly with my girls. My father is trying to train the girls to say "Dizzy Izzy," but that isn't flying either.
#15 of 18 Old 08-06-2004, 03:46 AM

Hey ladies, dh is an artist and does logo/graphic work freelance, and yes to all of the above- it can totally vary depending on what you want to spend. His rate is $20-30/hr which is pretty cheap for this area at least. He hasn't had anyone who did a copyright on his design so not sure about that...Jeanette
#16 of 18 Old 08-09-2004, 09:58 PM

Gotta plug our very own LaLa here--she does super work and is a great mama to work with. Her link is in her siggie.
#17 of 18 Old 08-11-2004, 09:33 PM

LaLa has done banner work for me and is super fast and her rates were very reasonable. I had Jessica at Sexton Design do my logo and I am very pleased with it. I don't know what she charges for just a logo. My sister used Amber at Technical Poet and is thrilled with hers as well. Good luck!
#18 of 18 Old 08-12-2004, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I had Amber of Technical Poet do the logo for www.MamasFavorites.com she was great to work with.

Kristi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page