Q about Watersweb hosting and godaddy domains - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-08-2006, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,

I decided to get the cheap domain price of 8.99 from godaddy, but would like my site hosted on watersweb. When I started the process of buying my domain name, I got totally confused.

Do I want to transfer it to watersweb? (Looks like watersweb charges an additional $15 to do that). Do I want to park it on godaddy? I don't get this. Would it be cheaper to just buy the domain from watersweb, so that it's there already?

Oh, any other tips/thoughts about these two companies is welcomed!

Thanks,
winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-08-2006, 01:24 AM

All you need to do is switch the nameservers. You can keep your domain at Godaddy and have hosting at Watersweb. Watersweb will send you information on how to switch nameservers so it points to the hosting when you sign up. So you dont need to transfer. Michelle at Watersweb is very helpful as well.

BTW, I have GoDaddy hosting and it works but I wouldn't reccommend it for the non-web-savvy person. They don't have a traditional Cpannel. Heck, even their customer support doesn't always know the ins and out of their services, lol. I use them for both my websites and I call them and walk them through things. But they have good uptime and I started with them so its easier for me to stay rather than switch.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#3 of 4 Old 09-08-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

thanks kristine! i ended up going with watersweb for my domain anyways, since there is only a $6 difference and I thought it might be easier. Now I see that it wouldn't have been a problem afterall, but oh well!

I used to be sort of web-savvy when I had an online business years ago, but I must say that things have changed quite a bit! I really like the look of watersweb's control panel...I've never used something so easy before...and I really need that right now, with a 6 month old! The less time I can spend maintaining my site, the better.

Good for you for walking godaddy through their own services, lol!

winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!

#4 of 4 Old 09-09-2006, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a godaddy domain and watersweb hosting. You can do it no problem and absolutely do not need to transfer the domain to her hosting.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page