What happened to playful pixie?? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 11-09-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hope this is a good enough forum to put this.:P

I loved that little shop in alberta. it had all the things waldorfy that I couldn't find anywhere else in canada. It seems like the website is gone now Does anyone know what happened? or did they move, or what...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 AM

No, I wish I knew. I love Playful Pixie and ordered from the site even though I live in the US. Jennifer is such a dear sweet mama and I miss her. She used to post here, but I haven't seen her for a long while. I knew that she had the retail site up for sale and was just going to do the wholesale end with the wooden toys that she and her dh made, together. I hope everything is ok for them.
#3 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 PM

My understanding was that the site was sold recenetly, so perhaps this is just a transition and it will re-open again soon? I know they were looking for someone willing to take it over and I don't believe there were ever plans to close it completely. Maybe check back in a week or so...

Mama to DD#1 (03/05) and DD#2 (05/08). Expecting baby #3.

#4 of 8 Old 11-13-2007, 02:24 PM

I was just wondering the same thing. I was hoping to find some cute christmas presents.
#5 of 8 Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM

I found a phone number linked with the company's address - I forget where I found it, but it doens't matter because the woman I spoke to said "She doens't live here anymore". She did take my contact info to pass it along to Jennifer. I told her I was a past customer and was wondering about ordering again. If I ever hear anything I can post it here. I am very disappointed, as there weren't so many of these types of places up here in Canada.
#6 of 8 Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Mke

Hi!

I hope you dont mind me popping in here...

I had come across Playful Pixie awhile ago and couldn't remember the name/URL ...as I was looking for it again recently..I just happened to stumble across this thread. I also hope the business opens up again soon.

For those trying to get in touch with Jennifer. I know when I was just searching now..I got three different addresses and phone numbers..but...the "whois" info for her website is supposed to be the most up to date legally that is...is that the same number you have? Though the number in the whois info is registered to people with a different name..unless she is living with parents, etc now.
#7 of 8 Old 11-18-2007, 03:42 PM

I forget what number I found and called, but I do know that the email address linked with the playfulpixie domain had bounced.

I actually heard from Jennifer this week, and now that my laptop has dried out from its shower, I'm back online and can update.

The sale of the business fell through, and the family has decided to simply move on. They are selling off remaining stock cheaply, so if you pm me, I can give you her current email address and you can request a price list. I'm still waiting on a copy, as she said she had limited computer access at this time.

It's sad to lose a company like this.
#8 of 8 Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

that's too bad.

could you PM me?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page