• 3 Post By mrsbonjangles
  • 1 Post By roseawebs
  • 1 Post By LilyTiger

#1 of 22 Old 01-25-2017, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Anyone around yet?

I'm 6 weeks today and got my BFP a few weeks back at 13dpo. This is my fourth pregnancy and hopefully third baby. Morning sickness and food aversions are just kicking in this week, but are so far mild. Keeping my fingers crossed they stay that way. Due date is September 20 or 25th, depending on how you count. My goal is another hospital birth with midwives.

I look forward to meeting other September Mamas!
Nazsmum and CricketVS like this.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Rainbow baby girl born 12/22/2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hello!

I am almost 7 weeks; fifth pregnancy... hopefully fourth and last baby due around mid September.

I was feeling nauseous and had lots of sickness for the first few weeks, but it has all disappeared, so I am stressing out as my third pregnancy was a missed miscarriage and I can't fathom going through that again. I have an ultrasound next week to check if everything is okay; I would give anything to start feeling sick again. Still peeing all the time though lol and exhausted but I also have three other kids who keep me up on the wee hours of the night and wake me up at the crack of dawn haha
#3 of 22 Old 01-26-2017, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Hi @LilyTiger and @mrsbonjangles congratulations to both of you.

I'm due around the end of Aug/beginning of September, but I'm mentally going with September because I don't want the mind games (or due date stress) towards the end. This will be baby #2 . I'm also having some fairly mild but persistent nausea and fatigue, as well as smell sensitivity and food aversion and breathlessness when I climb hills. I'm sure its all in my head, but I could swear I've felt little teeny fluttery movements, mostly when I'm curled up in a ball in our recliner (wayyy too early, though). Just about 2 weeks till my first appointment, and I'm really hoping we'll be able to hear a heartbeat.
@LilyTiger I hope your symptoms do stay mild
and @mrsbonjangles I hope yours ramp up! It sounds like a very stressful time for you, I hope your ultrasound next week goes great.

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017

#4 of 22 Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 PM

Thank you @Fyerfly and congratulations!! How many weeks will you be at your first appointment? It is so reassuring to hear that heartbeat for the first time!

I think once you have had a miscarriage before it is so hard not to stress and worry when you are pregnant. I fell asleep twice today, so I am definitely fatigued which gives me hope. I wish you could just fast forward through the first trimester lol
#5 of 22 Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I've been hanging out over in the August DDC since this one wasn't open just yet. My official due date is Sept. 3 per my dating ultrasound (or as I'm viewing it Labor Day weekend) with baby 2! But who knows, maybe we'll have an August arrival, maaaybe later (but hopefully not too much later) in September. My second appointment is Feb 1 with the other doctor in the practice and we're going to attempt a VBAC - my first was an emergency C, but I'm not discounting a second C if it's medically necessary. But these guys a very VBAC friendly so I'm crossing my fingers

The first U/S was great and I can't wait until the next one and getting to hear the heartbeat again

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3
#6 of 22 Old 01-27-2017, 05:09 PM

Thanks @mrsbonjangles I will be about 11.5 weeks at our first appointment, almost the same exact time as my first appt with DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbonjangles View Post
I wish you could just fast forward through the first trimester lol
Oooh me too. Though I am learning to savor the moments with DS as our "only"! Won't be long before a lot of things change around here...

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
#7 of 22 Old 01-29-2017, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there!

Hi Sept. mamas! Wow, it has been quite some time since I have even been on the forums. I was on here all the time when I was pregnant with my first and second sons (12 and 9 years old now) and now here I am again. My due date is Sept 10th. Because I have had 3 miscarriages in the past, my OB had me come in to test my progesterone and Hcg levels (normal thank goodness) and did an early ultrasound. We saw/heard the good strong heartbeat and that eases my mind a good bit. I wish you all well as we grow our Sept. babies!
Nazsmum likes this.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#8 of 22 Old 01-29-2017, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi Everyone! My midwife recently set the EDD as September 4th. I've also been hanging out in the August DDC. We still have some uncertainty over the date (late August - Early September) and we don't do ultrasounds for dating. This is my 7th baby, so I'm kind of over due dates anyway.

@LoveChild421 I'm glad all of your tests were good and you saw/heard the strong heartbeat! I'm sure that was a wonderful sound!

Hi @mrsbonjangles @FyerFly @LilyTiger @justlizzy

I hope everyone is feeling well!
LilyTiger, FyerFly and justlizzy like this.
#9 of 22 Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Hi Everyone!! My Estimated due date is either Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st. I just found out Friday and am approx. 5 weeks.

@LoveChild421 I will be having my progesterone levels checked this time around too!

We lost our first almost 3 years ago, DS is 18 mo

Looking forward to getting to know all of you as this forum was such a blessing with DS! Hoping for a water birth at the birth center this time too!

Curious to know what pre-natals everyone picked! I've been researching food-based prenatal for this time around, but haven't decided on any yet!
FyerFly likes this.
#10 of 22 Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner58800 View Post
Hi Everyone!! My Estimated due date is either Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st. I just found out Friday and am approx. 5 weeks.

@LoveChild421 I will be having my progesterone levels checked this time around too!

We lost our first almost 3 years ago, DS is 18 mo

Looking forward to getting to know all of you as this forum was such a blessing with DS! Hoping for a water birth at the birth center this time too!

Curious to know what pre-natals everyone picked! I've been researching food-based prenatal for this time around, but haven't decided on any yet!
@Turner58800 -- prenatal-wise I'm taking gummi vitamins with iron on the side. I found with my last pregnancy I couldn't handle it if iron was in the vitamin itself.
Turner58800 likes this.

------

#11 of 22 Old 01-30-2017, 04:39 PM

Hi @Turner58800 I found New Chapter Perfect Prenatals during my first pregnancy, and have been taking them ever since. They are much more "swallow-able" than other whole food options I tried. You have to take 3/day, but I find that more palatable than trying to swallow something my DH said looked like the size of a horse pill haha. Good luck in your search!
Save

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#12 of 22 Old 01-30-2017, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to see so many mamas here!

For prenatals I'm taking Rainbow Lite and then Nordic Naturals for omega 3, though I may have to go to gummis until the morning sickness subsides. I'm feeling pretty gross these days and I'm getting over a massive sinus infection, so I've been really unmotivated to try to be healthy. My mint gum just made me gag, so......

@mrsbojangles - I hope your u/s comes back looking great. I'm debating requesting one before my midwife appointment, which is at almost 11 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks with my second pregnancy and it was devastating. I'd really like some reassurance too.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Rainbow baby girl born 12/22/2014.

Last edited by LilyTiger; 01-30-2017 at 05:54 PM.
#13 of 22 Old 02-01-2017, 04:00 PM

Well guys... I went to my ultrasound today thinking I was only 7 weeks; turns out I'm over 12 weeks!! So that explains the sudden lack of morning sickness lol so I'm happy all is well, but wanted to prolong this last pregnancy a little longer, not make it end quicker... anyway off to the August DD Club I go! Good luck mama's!
FyerFly, justlizzy and Turner58800 like this.

#14 of 22 Old 02-01-2017, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Well guys... I went to my ultrasound today thinking I was only 7 weeks; turns out I'm over 12 weeks!! So that explains the sudden lack of morning sickness lol so I'm happy all is well, but wanted to prolong this last pregnancy a little longer, not make it end quicker... anyway off to the August DD Club I go! Good luck mama's!
Good luck for your 3rd. However, if you are looking for best pregnancy pillow then you can check Today's mon's pillow for better result!
mrsbonjangles likes this.

Last edited by roseawebs; 02-11-2017 at 09:31 PM.
#15 of 22 Old 02-02-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTiger View Post
Glad to see so many mamas here!

For prenatals I'm taking Rainbow Lite and then Nordic Naturals for omega 3, though I may have to go to gummis until the morning sickness subsides. I'm feeling pretty gross these days and I'm getting over a massive sinus infection, so I've been really unmotivated to try to be healthy. My mint gum just made me gag, so......

@mrsbojangles - I hope your u/s comes back looking great. I'm debating requesting one before my midwife appointment, which is at almost 11 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks with my second pregnancy and it was devastating. I'd really like some reassurance too.
@LilyTiger have you thought about having your progesterone levels checked?

I lost our first, had progesterone checked with second pregnancy and started a suppository through the first trimester. He is 18 mo now!!
I had bloodwork done Monday, and got the results today. My progesterone was at 8.2 Monday and they said it needs to be at least 15! I'm a little worried mommas! I am starting progesterone tonight, and this time I am supposed to take it twice a day (instead of just at night last time).
#16 of 22 Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
WOW! Exciting! I wish I could move past the first trimester like that. Good luck in the August DDC and with the rest of your pregnancy!
mrsbonjangles likes this.

#17 of 22 Old 02-02-2017, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner58800 View Post
@LilyTiger have you thought about having your progesterone levels checked?

I lost our first, had progesterone checked with second pregnancy and started a suppository through the first trimester. He is 18 mo now!!
I had bloodwork done Monday, and got the results today. My progesterone was at 8.2 Monday and they said it needs to be at least 15! I'm a little worried mommas! I am starting progesterone tonight, and this time I am supposed to take it twice a day (instead of just at night last time).
I haven't had it checked. Or at least not recently. My midwives are pretty hands off. We're pretty sure the loss was just a chromosomal abnormality. I've had two totally normal pregnancies, so testing didn't really seem necessary. I may still get an early u/s just for reassurance though. I had heard progesterone levels rise and fall throughout the day, so even if it seems low you have to test it a few times to get an accurate reading. I'm not sure what your doc says though.

#18 of 22 Old 02-02-2017, 05:29 PM

@Turner58800 I also supplemented with progesterone suppositories last time around (such a fun thing to do - NOT! But totally worth it, of course!!) I've had my levels checked and they looked good, but we'll check them again next week to see if there's been a change. It would be awesome if things look good this time, but I'm prepared to supplement if needed. I hope your supplements help and that you don't worry too much!! It can be SO hard, I know.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#19 of 22 Old 02-03-2017, 08:30 AM

Same as @FyerFly I supplemented with my last pregnancy, but with my initial blood work they took extra vials so I could have my levels tested and to see if I needed to supplement -- everything looked good and I'm somewhat relieved that I won't have to this time around. It made me SO tired last time.

How's everyone feeling? The pukes have been strong the latter half of this week. I threw up in the shower this morning, and the first thing DH asked me was if I rinsed the tub out... love you too honey.

------

#20 of 22 Old 02-03-2017, 10:01 PM

Thanks everyone!! ? I was so tired supplementing last time, so we will see!

@just Lizzie I think we are about a month apart, both with our seconds!! I'm feeling pretty good so far. No morning sickness yet. (Fingers crossed!)
#21 of 22 Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Hi!
This is baby 3. We've also got a 3 year old and an 18 month old. I've been ovulating twice a month since my periods came back in the fall and I'm not sure which time we caught. So I'm probably around 8 weeks but could be 9 or 10.
Now I'm going to be the due date club whiner: I've been absolutely miserable. I haven't been vomiting too much but have felt awful almost every moment for almost a month now. I feel like I'm having all the 3rd trimester pains and 1st trimester sickness at the same time! My husband works from home and has a fairly flexible schedule so he has been trying to do everything. The hardest part for me is emotional- I wake up everyday knowing I'm going to do nothing except struggle and feel awful all day. I threw up excessively my 1st pregnancy, 15-20 times a day and still didn't feel quite this sick!
turner58800 , I think we were in the same due date club last time. July 2015?
#22 of 22 Old 02-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealCandy View Post
turner58800 , I think we were in the same due date club last time. July 2015?
Yes!! July 15 last time! Glad to see a familiar name! So sorry you have been feeling bad :/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page