Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 02-27-2017, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Is anyone planning to take Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? I did last time and am planning to this time as well. I get mine from www.bulkherbstore.com Its called Mama's Red Raspberry Brew and is:
8 parts Red Raspberry leaf - cut
3 parts Alfalfa herb - cut
3 parts Peppermint leaf - cut
2 parts Nettle leaf - cut

https://www.bulkherbstore.com/mama-s...organic-1-2-lb

I do think that it helped to have a productive labor and reduced post-partum bleeding.

I'm curious to know if anyone has used this? For subsequent children? What did you think of its effect? When did you start? How much did you drink?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-27-2017, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I took it off and on with DS's pregnancy, and I feel like it probably would have helped if I had taken it more often - but given the scary stuff leading to his birth I'm not sure. I know I DID feel better when I did drink it, than when I skipped a day. I went with the rule of 1 cup per trimester.

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3
#3 of 5 Old 03-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I used it with my second. I'm not convinced of the benefits, since the research out there shows a pretty minimal benefit overall, but I like drinking it and I'll do it again. Anecdotally, my second labor was much easier than my first, but my first was back labor and the tea probably wouldn't have done much for that. But either way, I'll start it in the late second, early third trimester.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Rainbow baby girl born 12/22/2014.

#4 of 5 Old 03-13-2017, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I love that stuff! I'm not convinced it does a ton to help labor, either, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt and it's delicious. I've had 2 fairly easy labors. I drank a lot more rrl tea with my 2nd and that labor was easier. But it was also my 2nd labor.
I usually start drinking it in the 2nd trimester and then follow the 1 cup/day rule. I drink gallons of it postpartum.
#5 of 5 Old 03-13-2017, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just a big fan of tea in general. I use it as a medium to incorporate all kinds of things into my diet. Lemon juice, honey, tumeric, mint leaves. All of which have a ton of antioxidents and other health benefits that are all generally good for you. This raspberry tea is deeeeeeeelisciuos.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page