Who/when are you telling? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 04-07-2017, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Who/when are you telling?

We haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet (or at least not anyone I know in real life, since I did tell the ladies in my first DDC). Last time we waited until 6 weeks, which was a little early but it was Thanksgiving and we wanted to be able to tell my parents in person. We won't see them again until I will be almost 10 weeks, and I'm not sure I want to wait that long. We are also trying to decide how and when to explain it all to my 20-mo son. Maybe we'll tell close family at Easter? That seems really soon though!

What are other mamas' plans to share the news? Has anyone already told others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I told my best friend who has 3 kids - I actually told her before I told my partner because it kind of freaked me out and I was worried he would freak out (he didn't). She told her husband (I knew she would - we have a long-running understanding that whatever you tell us we tell our respective partners), who is also super close to us. I also told my parents and my partner told his mom...all at about 4 weeks...I can't keep secrets. I'm sure I'll just keep telling people, one by one

I haven't experienced a miscarriage so I don't know the way I'd like it handled, but my feeling is that if I were to lose one, everyone around me would know about it because that's how I am, so why keep the pregnancy itself a secret? Again, though, I wear my heart way too much on my sleeve.

Me, 34, SO 36

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Journeying through life / To and fro, to and fro / Cultivating a small field - Basho
#3 of 6 Old 04-08-2017, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have told most of our close family, and some close friends...I'm sure that word will spread quickly though lol! This is my 4th, and I've told earlier each time lol

#4 of 6 Old 04-08-2017, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebs View Post
I told my best friend who has 3 kids - I actually told her before I told my partner because it kind of freaked me out and I was worried he would freak out (he didn't). She told her husband (I knew she would - we have a long-running understanding that whatever you tell us we tell our respective partners), who is also super close to us. I also told my parents and my partner told his mom...all at about 4 weeks...I can't keep secrets. I'm sure I'll just keep telling people, one by one

I haven't experienced a miscarriage so I don't know the way I'd like it handled, but my feeling is that if I were to lose one, everyone around me would know about it because that's how I am, so why keep the pregnancy itself a secret? Again, though, I wear my heart way too much on my sleeve.
I don't like keeping secrets either. I also feel like I would not try to hide a miscarriage (I would want the suppprt I think!), so while I won't be telling anyone at work or on Facebook for a very long time, I don't want to wait much longer to tell close friends and family. That's funny that you told others before your partner!
#5 of 6 Old 04-15-2017, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

We decided not to tell family this weekend after all. I'm not particularly worried, but I don't want to ask everyone to keep it secret like we did last time, and if we wait to tell anyone until after the ultrasound in 10 days, then I won't mind if they share the news with others. So now I'm just trying to figure out how to explain it to my 20-mo before the ultrasound.
#6 of 6 Old 04-17-2017, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've only told you the internet groups i'm in. We're not going to tell anyone until hopefully (fingers crossed) mother's day. I've thought about not telling my husbands family until i can't hide it any longer. We don't see them much so i might be able to hold off telling them for a while.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page