Symptoms? - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaLeigh

#1 of 9 Old 04-08-2017, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Symptoms?

I know it's early, but, definitely have the total exhaustion thing going on. Also, I wouldn't say I have true morning sickness yet, but, I have this odd feeling like I am just about to throw up all the time...I am managing by kind of swallowing my saliva when it gets bad...I've never had this before especially so early and so constant...curious if anyone else has it and how you are managing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-08-2017, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I had a racing heartbeat, easy dizziness/out of breath, and lots of fatigue and hunger for about a week, and now I feel mostly fine (which of course makes me a little uneasy). I never got morning sickness with my son and had remarkably few other symptoms until much later in pregnancy. I am very tired at the end of the day but I remember this being worse last time. I haven't really felt sick but I have had the thought that I could throw up a few times last week (before I actually took a pregnancy test). I haven't felt it more than once or twice since then though. It seems to happen when I'm really hungry.
#3 of 9 Old 04-17-2017, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
mostly i've just had a headache that come and goes along with nausea. I was sick for the first few months last time. i'm trying out a new diet and such as outlined in the book Powerfully Pregnant. Hopefully the diet helps me so i'm not so sick and sick for as long this time.

#4 of 9 Old 05-15-2017, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
OMG I've been trying to respond to this and some of the other posts for days and have had the worst trouble with logging on/resetting my password...finally got back in, fingers crossed my *&^&(% password works this time!!

Erm, so despite the above frustration I'm normally pretty chill, honest, and I'm trying to stay that way through my pregnancy as I find getting freaked out about every little thing is a complete waste of energy. Though it's hard to control sometimes. Case in point, I feel like I've been more worried about this pregnancy than my previous two, although on reflection I was probably just as worried about other things then. This time around I haven't really felt all that pregnant - I had severe nausea that only lasted a week, and then was gone, and really only food aversions and occasionally some stretching/pressure feelings in my uterus and a little breast tenderness. I got a standing order to have my HCG levels measured for a few days, which calmed me down the last time around, but this time they were through the roof and I started worrying about a molar pregnancy or some other problem, so the fact that they kept going up didn't even ease my mind. Even though I generally avoid u/s and as many interventions as possible, I did get an u/s at 9 weeks, which showed a perfectly healthy kicking fetus with a good heart rate. And still I worry! This ain't my first rodeo, so I don't know what my problem is!!

#5 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 12:33 PM

I am actually less worried this time around, but a friend who is also pregnant with her second is more worried this time because she feels great and felt so rotten the first time. I felt great the first time but felt icky for a few weeks this time. But I'm feeling better now and have no other real symptoms other than my milk drying mostly up almost immediately (to my toddler's great disappointment). Something that happens for me in early pregnancy is heart racing and feeling dizzy, which I also associate with anxiety. Maybe this is what you are responding to?
#6 of 9 Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post
OMG I've been trying to respond to this and some of the other posts for days and have had the worst trouble with logging on/resetting my password...finally got back in, fingers crossed my *&^&(% password works this time!!

Erm, so despite the above frustration I'm normally pretty chill, honest, and I'm trying to stay that way through my pregnancy as I find getting freaked out about every little thing is a complete waste of energy. Though it's hard to control sometimes. Case in point, I feel like I've been more worried about this pregnancy than my previous two, although on reflection I was probably just as worried about other things then. This time around I haven't really felt all that pregnant - I had severe nausea that only lasted a week, and then was gone, and really only food aversions and occasionally some stretching/pressure feelings in my uterus and a little breast tenderness. I got a standing order to have my HCG levels measured for a few days, which calmed me down the last time around, but this time they were through the roof and I started worrying about a molar pregnancy or some other problem, so the fact that they kept going up didn't even ease my mind. Even though I generally avoid u/s and as many interventions as possible, I did get an u/s at 9 weeks, which showed a perfectly healthy kicking fetus with a good heart rate. And still I worry! This ain't my first rodeo, so I don't know what my problem is!!
How many other kids do you have, and what age? I definitely developed an anxiety disorder and extreme insomnia after the birth of my 5 1/2 year old son and some pretty traumatic events. I got on mood stabilizers which really helped. I'm off them now, and relying on pregnancy hormones to carry me through this.

Things are actually "easier" this time around for me even though I've been really sick and exhausted all the time, and I've had cramping and bleeding. We have a better living situation, I've practiced mindfulness for several years, and I work part-time instead of full-time.

What's different in your life this time around? People? Environment? Family? Recent events? Career? Responsibilities? Friends? Medication? Exercise? Diet? Etc... Hang in there and keep breathing
#7 of 9 Old 07-14-2017, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ack I took a leave of absence and didn't see this, MamaL! Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words! At this point I'm feeling a lot more chill, more than I've ever been before. My oldest is 6 and next is 3.5, and I certainly worried with both of them but usually glommed on to one main thing. I was anxious at the beginning of this one but now I'm halfway through and cool as a cucumber. I think it just took some time for me to finally believe I was really PG again and things are fine. The really active kicking baby are probably contributing to my eased mind too...

Ok but re symptoms, one I've been having this time around is a crazy high sex drive. Anyone else? I've never experienced this before, it was the opposite with both my girls before. Not that I'm complaining!!
#8 of 9 Old 07-20-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post
Ack I took a leave of absence and didn't see this, MamaL! Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words! At this point I'm feeling a lot more chill, more than I've ever been before. My oldest is 6 and next is 3.5, and I certainly worried with both of them but usually glommed on to one main thing. I was anxious at the beginning of this one but now I'm halfway through and cool as a cucumber. I think it just took some time for me to finally believe I was really PG again and things are fine. The really active kicking baby are probably contributing to my eased mind too...

Ok but re symptoms, one I've been having this time around is a crazy high sex drive. Anyone else? I've never experienced this before, it was the opposite with both my girls before. Not that I'm complaining!!
Yay for feeling cool as a cucumber!!
Yes, my libido is thru the roof right now! I have cramps and discomfort though, so I'm relying on sex dreams, ha!!
LLtheTinkerbell likes this.
#9 of 9 Old 07-21-2017, 08:12 AM

LLtheTinkerbell, I am glad you are feeling calm now! Other than random moments of brief rage (never for a good reason; I'm guessing it's hormonal), I feel extra calm during pregnancy. I wish I could always be this calm! As for libido, mine is also high but unfortunately DH's is not. This happened last pregnancy too and I guess my hormones affect his :/.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page