Appointments? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 04-08-2017, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Appointments?

I made my first midwife appointment yesterday for 2 weeks from Monday and it always seems so far away. I think we are going to bring my toddler, since otherwise DH won't be able to come with me for the ultrasound (I'll only have 2 unless I end up being 2 weeks overdue again). Anyone going in sooner? Anyone waiting to make that first appointment?

Last edited by BarefootBrooke; 04-08-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't yet..I'll call Monday to see my PCP for confirmation to send the state, which will drop the cost of health insurance for my other kids...and I'll probably start meeting with midwives on a consult basis and calling around etc...I'm guessing it will be a while before I set up anything. The insurance I'm on sucks and we moved to a different state and make too much here to qualify for Medicaid...so is going to be a mission trying to figure out our best option financially. I also really really want to have a home birth this time...so trying to find a way to make it work.
#3 of 3 Old 04-15-2017, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
I haven't yet..I'll call Monday to see my PCP for confirmation to send the state, which will drop the cost of health insurance for my other kids...and I'll probably start meeting with midwives on a consult basis and calling around etc...I'm guessing it will be a while before I set up anything. The insurance I'm on sucks and we moved to a different state and make too much here to qualify for Medicaid...so is going to be a mission trying to figure out our best option financially. I also really really want to have a home birth this time...so trying to find a way to make it work.
That sucks that your insurance is making it tough for you to get care now! I hope you are able to find a good option soon regarding your midwives and birth plans. My insurance won't pay for home birth, but they will cover a tiny hospital birth center with nurse-doulas and an awesome midwife, so that's my plan again. Did you have a home birth before or will this be your first one (if it works out)?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page