Neg HcG blood test. Too early? Still PG?! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Neg HcG blood test. Too early? Still PG?!

I know that I'm NOT crazy. But I feel like I should be and that my 2 friends I've shared this story with prob think I am.

As a foreword: If it does turn out that I AM actually PG then this will be my 5th pregnancy (3 MC's and a DS) and since I'm super aware of my body and consider myself a "first trimester expert" then I just KNOW what the first few weeks feel like.

MY STORY THIS TIME TTC:

I went off the pill in December '14 and last month was my first regular cycle and I started my AF around when I guessed it'd start, perhaps 3 days late...but...my body was trying to get back on track. Anyway....it started and was a normal cycle for me.

Around the middle of my cycle DH and I had sex. Just ONE time...in the span of like a month (due to travel, sickness, etc) so I wasn't very hopeful that it'd make the big BFP.

Here is where the story gets interesting. I don't know if you believe in those who possess the power of increased intuition....an intuitive per se. Well...we had sex on CD 12, a Thursday and that weekend I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and had the distinct feeling that I just KNEW that I was conceiving...maybe not that minute but either earlier that day or that it was in the works. Furthurmore, I had a strong feeling that it was a girl. That would have been CD 14 or 15 which is the right timing. Also...since sperm can live 72 hours it makes sense that that'd be the right timing.

In the past 2 weeks since then I've been having increased PG symptoms (mild twingy cramps in the uterus area, extreme fatigue, breast tingling/needle pricks, out of the blue nausea on and off, headache, pink cheeks, cream colored CM and a feeling of just knowing that I'm pregnant) but a hpt.

To backtrack to CD 21, I had a lab draw to check my progesterone (cycle day 21 test) level to make sure I ovulated this cycle and the result was a level of 11. The nurse said that they look for a 14 (for women who did ovulate) but it doesn't surprise me that my level was a tad low as my progesterone is ALWAYS low. Infact, they always have to put me on supplemental progesterone vaginal suppositories for the first trimester. This helps lessen the chance of a miscarriage as progesterone supports the pregnancy progression until the placenta forms and takes over later in the first trimester.

Anyway....I asked for a beta HcG (blood PG) test to be performed and they denied that request (which is stupid cause I am the one that's gonna pay for it...not them, why do they care?!) but I found another OB office that's associated with the nutritionist I see and she ordered one for me on CD 25 and they said "no pregnancy hormones were found" but wouldn't tell me the exact number. My OB nurse said that 0-5 is a non-preg woman and anything over 5 is pregnant.

So, here I am sitting here on CD 28 (my cycles tend to be around 29-30 days long and I usually get a very faint BPF on day 31) wondering "If I am infact PG...did they just do the beta test too soon before my body had a chance to have it rise over 5? Or maybe it was a 6 or 7 but at that office they consider that too low to count? I mean, I've never gotten a hpt (detect a 20 or more) sooner than 4 weeks along so could that correlate to blood levels as well?"

Then I came across this attached post from a few years ago that gives me hope. Apparently twins can mess up tests. Go figure!

I hate waiting but have to until either I see red...or test on Tuesday. Back to the beginning...I hope I'm not just crazy and that I got a lil bean growing and starting it's journey into our family!

Anyone else have this happen or know someone who got a neg blood test but was pregnant?! Please share your stories, questions and positive vibes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MotheringBloodTestPost.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	13978  

Leanne 36, SAHM married 17 yrs to Josh 39.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
8/08,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7/10,
born 2/18/12 and
4/14. Welcoming BOY #2
around 11/24/16.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-07-2015, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh and I forgot cravings. I've been wanting grilled/sauteed mushrooms. And....peaches.

And just now while brushing my teeth my nose started bleeding outta nowhere! Had one or 2 others lately as well.

Leanne 36, SAHM married 17 yrs to Josh 39.
8/08,
7/10,
born 2/18/12 and
4/14. Welcoming BOY #2
around 11/24/16.
#3 of 4 Old 02-09-2015, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
I would have it retested. Some tests look for HCG and some give you a number (quantitative). My RE's office tested about 14 dpo. You are more likely to get an inaccurate result before that. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our
. Advertising Rules are

#4 of 4 Old 02-12-2015, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Just my personal experience...and it's not sugar coated, so ignore it if you'd like...but fair warning.

I too have had several losses. One of mine was a cycle I did the progesterone test after O, and they said I didn't O based on low levels. Well, I ended up pg that cycle, so I clearly O'd. But I miscarried anyway. I also take progesterone after O in case I do end up pg due to consistently low levels. Also, I've seen a lot of research on late implantation correlating to higher mc rates. And in my losses, this has held true. If I get a faint BFP right when AF is due, then I miscarry. But when I got a faint BFP earlier (like 4-5 days before AF), it ended up being successful. I finally learned, for me, that if I get a FAINT BFP later than 13-14dpo, I knew it wasn't going to work.

Again, this is just my situation and I'm not trying to be a downer, but I wanted to share b/c our histories sound very similar. Good luck.

Me
, 39 years old; DH
, 40 years old
DD - 12
, DD - 9
(both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4

07/04,
02/13,
10/13,
02/14,

05/14,
9/14.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page