Late ovulation? Late Period? Pregnant? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 06-24-2015, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Late ovulation? Late Period? Pregnant?

Hi everyone this is my first time here
I'm not sure if i posted this in the right section!

My cycles are usualy 30 days long and i would ovulate around CD15-CD16 (observing cm and tempting)

My period was on 24th May

This month i had sex on CD 8, it was unprotected sex for a minute max, (my man peed before we started) after that he put on a condom. (He did not ejaculate before we put the condom on, i understand that there will be risk of getting pregnant due to pre-ejaculation)

Apart from that we had protected sex on CD 28.

We are not trying to conceive for now!

The weird thing is, after my supposedly "ovulation" date, i begin to have watery cm (around CD 20-21) which was unusual, i realized i didnt really had symptoms of ovulation during my usual fertile week (around cd15ish).

i took my tempts from cd 21~24 and i realized my bbt were from 36.1 celsius to 36.2/36.3 celsius which weres pre ovulation temps. And around cd 25 my tempt rose up to 36.7 and as of now it is stable at 36.8~37degree C.

I did have my usual ovulation symptoms (tender nipples, neck pain) after CD23 but i'm confused as to whether i ovulated on my usual dates or was my ovulation delayed?

And my AF was due yesterday(CD 30) but it didn't come.

I searched online and i heard that late ovulation = late period?

Is there a chance of pregnancy when the only time i had unprotected sex was on CD 8 for a minute (no ejaculation)?

Summary:
Period: 24th May
Question: Delayed ovulation or pregnant?
Ovulation should come on CD15-16 but after tempting from CD21 to CD24, i had tempts of a PRE OV bbt (36.1~36.3)
Ovulation symptoms happened around CD23 onwards
BBT rose on CD 25. starting from 36.7 and it is stable now from 36.7C~37DC.
Period WAS supposed to be due yesterday. (22nd June)
Had unprotected sex(one min max then had condom on.) on CD 8.
Could i be pregnant or is my period late due to delayed ovulation?

This is the first time a situation like that happened to me.. im so sorry for the trouble ladies

Last edited by sheilagnn; 06-24-2015 at 02:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-24-2015, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
More than likely it's just late ovulation. I've never heard of someone getting pregnant from protected sex with a condom with no ejaculation. I actually had unprotected sex every day for over a year only lightly monitoring my cycles and didn't get pregnant till one day I ovulated early. Actually I've done that twice (two bouts of 1 year unprotected) this was with 2 different guys (first year 1 guy, 2nd year other guy). With my first dd I was actually ttc and got pregnant on the first try. I'm pretty certain I'm fertile and that pregnancy is really one of those things that only really happens under specific conditions. No ejaculation + a condom + late ovulation = not pregnant according to my calculations. I hope that helps ease your worries. If not, do what I did and buy 50+ Internet pregnancy test strips and test whenever you feel paranoid. They work just fine, trust me.
#3 of 6 Old 06-25-2015, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
More than likely it's just late ovulation. I've never heard of someone getting pregnant from protected sex with a condom with no ejaculation. I actually had unprotected sex every day for over a year only lightly monitoring my cycles and didn't get pregnant till one day I ovulated early. Actually I've done that twice (two bouts of 1 year unprotected) this was with 2 different guys (first year 1 guy, 2nd year other guy). With my first dd I was actually ttc and got pregnant on the first try. I'm pretty certain I'm fertile and that pregnancy is really one of those things that only really happens under specific conditions. No ejaculation + a condom + late ovulation = not pregnant according to my calculations. I hope that helps ease your worries. If not, do what I did and buy 50+ Internet pregnancy test strips and test whenever you feel paranoid. They work just fine, trust me.
Hi funfunkyfantastic, we had unprotected sex for about maximum a minute (he did not ejaculate at this point + he peed before we did it) afterwards he put on a condom and we continue doing and he did ejaculate towards the end!
Thank you for replying

#4 of 6 Old 08-25-2015, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take a home prego test man......
#5 of 6 Old 08-25-2015, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
You aren't pregnant. Even if there was sperm in the pre-ejaculate, and it lived as long as it possibly could, it still would've been dead before your *usual* ovulation date.

Your period is just late.
#6 of 6 Old 08-26-2015, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If everything is going along the same as usual in your life, then it's probably just late. That happens every once in a while. But of course if neither occurs (your period or your ovulation), I'm sure you'll be taking a pregnancy test. Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page