Cataract and pregnancy - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 07-14-2015, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cataract and pregnancy

Hi all,
I’m pregnant for 5 months and I had noticed white spots on my eyes, One of my friends told me that these white spots may be a symptom of cataract. While browsing I had noticed that white spots may also occur if you have diseases like corneal edema, corneal ulcer, eye tumor, etc. I also read that blurry vision, double vision in a single eye, light sensitivity, and clouded vision are the important symptoms of cataract. My eyes are sensitive to light, I wonder whether I have cataracts. So I’m thinking of visiting See by intravision, an eye care clinic in Oakville for detailed examination and cataract treatments. Is it possible to have a medications or cataract surgery while pregnancy(if necessary). Do any complications occur due to this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2015, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
I have no idea about the surgery, but I definitely think seeing an opthamologist would be a good idea. Your vision is rather important.
#3 of 3 Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well a cataract treatment is done by laser and only the doc's can help you to know whether it will be harmful to the baby or not

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page