• 1 Post By scottmichael19711
  • 1 Post By Padalecki
  • 1 Post By Emmaa20

#1 of 11 Old 10-23-2019, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Alcohol use during pregnancy

Hello all, I am Grace. I am looking for some suggestions. I am 3 months pregnant now, and I have a small drinking problem. I am worried if this will affect the health of my baby. I am trying hard to stop drinking, but it's difficult for me. My husband is suggesting to get help from a rehab. We even took an appointment at a recovery center called Freedom from addiction. But the thing is that I don't know if it's the right thing to do at this stage. I am scared if the treatment will affect the health of my baby. It would be great if someone can share your views on this.
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-26-2019, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If the facility knows you're pregnant, your treatment shouldn't cause any harm to the baby. It also depends on the degree of your addiction. You say "small" problem, but it sounds like you may be scared of the effects of withdrawal harming the baby? It can't hurt to talk to the facility, and it would be a great idea to speak to your doctor as well.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 11 Old 10-29-2019, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey, just seeing this now (10/29). I'm in recovery. I'm an alcoholic and PLEASE feel free to PM me somehow (can you even do that on here?) and I'll be happy to dialogue with you.
Yes, I go to 12 step meetings. I recommend you do, too. Yes, there's a lot of god talk in there, especially heavy depending on where you live, and the language of the literature is archaic, as it was written in the 30s and 40s, but if you want to get and stay clean, you kinda have to "translate" into whatever works for you.
I'm Pagan. My deities are mostly female. I had to do a LOT of "translating".
I'm clean and sober 25 years now. Which sounds daunting to someone needing to stop, I get that. But I am by no means cured of my addictions. Not even close.
I don't crave anymore, if that worries you. I just know it's there, waiting for me to lapse my vigilance, or "forget" that I'm an alcoholic.
You got this, mama.
Go to that rehab. Tell them you're pregnant. They'll help, somehow, but I don't think they'll give you anything to make you stop drinking or whatever. They ain't no medicine to make people stop.
You got this. I hope PM me if you need.
applejuice likes this.

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)

#4 of 11 Old 11-17-2019, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wouldn't recommend you that
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 11 Old 08-04-2020, 11:32 AM

No alcohol.
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 11 Old 08-24-2020, 12:31 PM

A half cup of red wine per day are ok
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 11 Old 08-24-2020, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
What constitutes a small drinking problem from a regular drinking problem or a big drinking problem? Antabuse is a drug given to help patients avoid alcohol, but it will damage your liver as well as alcohol will. The withdrawal from alcohol can kill a person, which is why I ask how bad a habit you have. Taking vitamin B which is destroyed by alcohol helps as well as taking vitamin C to clear and support the liver.

You have had your baby by now and I hope you and your baby are OK. Let us know. We do care.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#8 of 11 Old 08-25-2020, 02:26 PM

I think that use alcohol during pregnancy is a bad idea !
applejuice likes this.
#9 of 11 Old 08-25-2020, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Besides being a depressant, alcohol is empty calories with no nutritional value. Your baby needs vitamins and minerals as well as protein, carbohydrates, and fats to grow and survive the birth process.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#10 of 11 Old 08-27-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracem48 View Post
Hello all, I am Grace. I am looking for some suggestions. I am 3 months pregnant now, and I have a small drinking problem. I am worried if this will affect the health of my baby. I am trying hard to stop drinking, but it's difficult for me. My husband is suggesting to get help from a rehab. We even took an appointment at a recovery center called Freedom from addiction. But the thing is that I don't know if it's the right thing to do at this stage. I am scared if the treatment will affect the health of my baby. It would be great if someone can share your views on this.
Alcohol is bad, especially when you're pregnant. You need to stop drinking to keep your child safe and healthy.
#11 of 11 Old 09-15-2020, 12:49 AM

I have a negative attitude to this!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page