Proof of Pregnancy with a UP/UC in NY help - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 05-07-2020, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Proof of Pregnancy with a UP/UC in NY help

I am not sure I am posting this in the correct section, but I really need help.

NYS doesn't seem to want to tell me or actually know what evidence for proof of pregnancy I can use outside of visiting a doctor both during pregnancy and after birth. We want to avoid taking our newborn to a doctor after birth unless absolutely necessary.

If you obtained proof of pregnancy for a birth certificate in NY and you UP/UC'ed, how did you manage to do that? I'm 31 weeks pregnant and there are only a few midwives in my area, whom I have contacted in the past, but they won't respond. I am concerned that going to a doctor of any kind will result in a call to CPS since we have a one year old. While I understand it's my right to refuse medical care for myself and my child, I don't think many medical people understand that being that I want to be selective about the type of csre I receive.

Women on Facebook said not to go to urgent care since CPS will get involved and we really don't want mainstream assistance, if it can be avoided.

Someone else mentioned getting a midwife to do it for a small fee, as she is one who does that, but so many won't even see me without previous prenatal care. She also suggested a chiropractor, however, my insurance doesn't cover it and I am still concerned about a CPS call.

We are willing to travel out of the state, within reason, to be seen for it by a midwife or something, but we don't know anyone and most want nothing to do with me being so far along.

With our first I obtained a letter from the OB I saw for a few weeks, but they really didn't want to give it to me since I stopped going to them and reported the OB to the office staff for being forceful about certain things, leaving me to feel violated and as if I wouldn't be able to trust him or the hospital during birth anyway.

Last edited by mariebee; 05-07-2020 at 04:48 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page