August issue of November/December 2003 Mammas! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 277 Old 08-02-2003, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI mammas!

here is the awesome list of gender as compiled from the last week of posts!

Waiting til birth:
Aurora~waiting till birth to find out sex~11/22/2003
beanma - waiting to find out - edd 12-05-03
Sagewinna~Finding out at birth~11/25/03
Freedom - getting a surprise - due 12/05/03
sizzkid ~ waiting until birth ~ 12/25/03
Chelly2003~Surprise!~girl by intuition~EDD Thanksgiving 2003
Panda~Surprise!~Mid-November

Mamma Intuition:
twinkletoes - the ring says girlie...- edd 11/07/03
elfinbaby~boy by intuition-11/4
Mavournin-Gillian, swears by intuition that it's a boy, edd 12-12-03-

Those who couldn't wait!
Christy1980~girl by U/S~12-11-03
acystay~~boy by u/s~~edd 12/15-20
Sherri S. - Girl by u/s - EDD 11-21-03
Mom at heart23 ; boy by u/s EDD November 11
Sheena~ Girl by intuition confirmed by ultrasound!~December-ish!

If I missed anyone, Please let me know, and I apologize for missing you!

The ones I forgot! (I'm so sorry!)
I'm editing these back in, so keep checking the list!
WickidaWitch~ Girl by u/s EDD 12-05-03
casmi~girl~mid-December
Zaq001~AKA Jenny~baby boy 12/19/03
Atilla the Honey~Due Nov. 20 and expecting a girl (u/s).
My Babies Come 1st~Nov. 11th~Surprise!
N2theWoods~Dec. 16~Surprise!
Ilaria EDD 12/5/03 we didn't want to find out
bec~12-8-03~Surprise!
witchbaby~mama says boy, daddy says girl, finding out 8-26~EDD12-25-03

Gossamer gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Mary Rose on 7-29-03. She weighed 440 grams and survived for one hour. Please keep Gossamer and Mary Rose in your thoughts. Thank you.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 277 Old 08-02-2003, 11:50 PM

:LOL I just posted this on the old thread and then saw the new one....

Ok winter momma's, what are you doing about a coat? I live in Alaska and it rains here about 85% of the time. It'll also get down to between about 0 to 35 in the winter. Right now I'm still in my Colombia rain gear (but barley) and I have no idea what to do for a coat. We are outside all the time so I need something that is very water proof and I don't want to have to buy twice, so I'll need something warm (or something with enough room to layer). I also don't want to spend a fortune on something I'm only going to wear for one season.

Any advice?

Mom to dc 16
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, dd 13
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and ds 10
 - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#3 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 12:33 AM

I use the same coat I have. I have an Eddie Bauer that I can adjust the waist string on. I have some dressy coats that I can't wear in the winter. Can you wear your DH's coats? Maybe you could snag on of his until you have the baby.

My blood pressure has been higher the past couple of days. UGH!! And I started having heart palpations again. I had them before but I've never had them in pregnancy.

Anyway - casmi here with a girl ETA mid Dec

#4 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

i have a 3x leather jacket my dad bought me for christmas afew years ago~~he bought it by mistake, i was only a 1x : but i guess he thought I was bigger than that. So I'm gonna use it. It doesn't get too cold in Florida, (hahahaha), but it has come in handy in the past for the wind and rain we get.

edited to fix my smilie~~I can't stand it when they don't work! LOL!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#5 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 01:14 AM

You forgot me
I will forgive you though since you apoligized in advance.
WickidaWitch~ Girl by u/s EDD 12-05-03
My big fat belly
#6 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

I fixed it! I'm sorry I'm going to edit everyone in that I forgot, so keep checking the list!

I'm so sorry!

#7 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 05:22 AM

You can add me!

Ilaria EDD 12/5/03 we didn't want to find out

Ilaria mamma to Owen, Caroline & Patrick .... loving life as expats in Asia intactlact.gifnovaxnocirc.gifuc.jpgnamaste.gif
#8 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 01:01 PM

Sizzkid, wearing DH coat is a good idea. Other than that I'd say look around for a second hand one, on ebay, or resale stores, and do put the word out to friends, its amazing how many people keep stuff in their closets that they never wear anymore.
I've been buying all my maternity stuff off ebay, I just think it would be crazy for me to spend $20 on a pair of jeans, when I can get a good used pair for $4 or so.
GOOD LUCK.

Chelly

Edited to add: Why don't you try the mothering trading post, add a I NEED A COAT thread and see what happens....
#9 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 03:03 PM

We cured my stress this weekend!! I don't know why, but I've just been a bundle of stress and nerves lately. I can't sleep at night and don't really relax so I'm sure that has alot to do with it. Well, dh (bless his heart) packed up the car and the kids and we went to Monterey CA yesterday. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from our house (depending on how many times you have to stop to pee that is ) We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the ocean then spent the afternoon sitting on the beach building sand castles and playing in the water (my goodness the Pacific Ocean is cold!!!) It was the first time in weeks I had relaxed. I actually dozed off while lying on the blanket. We've decided that we need to do things like that more often - especially while it is so horribly hot here at home. It's nice not to have to worry about laundry and cooking and cleaning and whining children and.......etc. once in awhile. And the baby loved it, the whole time we were at the beach she kept kicking and squirming. She wanted to play too!

Christy and Chelly - what kind of diapers are you buying? I've never cded a newborn before so I'm getting people's opinions about which ones work best for such little bottoms.
#10 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 03:19 PM

Me too! Add me to the list!

EDD: 12/16

Is anyone else planning to try Elim. Communication?
#11 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherri S.

Christy and Chelly - what kind of diapers are you buying? I've never cded a newborn before so I'm getting people's opinions about which ones work best for such little bottoms.
I've never done it either, well I did with my daughter, but that was 14 years ago....... LOL

I'm just buying one or two of each kind that I cna afford, and seeing what they look like.
Price is a big issue for me, I can't afford to pay $20 for one diaper! I've bought some prefolds, so I should have enough for the first few weeks, I've got one All In One, two fitted (kissaluv and an organic diaper) and one kissaluv contour. I've also made a few, or tried to, contour/fitted.
Oh and I have two prowrap covers, and I've ordered two more.

If you find any good deals, let us know!
Chelly
#12 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 06:05 PM

Can we be added to the gender list?
We are due November 11 and we're going to find out at birth.

Thanks.

I CDed my DD who is now 2. We use Chinese Prefolds (CPF) with pins and vinyl pants. This time around I'm going to get some new CDs and get unbleached CPFs, some prowraps covers with snaps, and snappis. That's the most basic and IMO best to start with. Then as finances permit I may try out some different options. A great site with some neat starter packages is www.naturalbabies.com
#13 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 06:18 PM

Can you add me?

Due Nov. 20 and expecting a girl (u/s).

I am so flummoxed when it comes to diapering. Really. I don't know anyone in RL that cloth diapered and I try to learn from the forum here, catalogs, and the web and my brain just shuts down. I need a diaper doula!!

We've been buying gerber prefolds, but I still need wraps/vinyl pants and I want some all-in-ones but I am just so lost.

flowersforyou.gif

#14 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 06:28 PM

I did buy a bunch of gerber prefolds for dd when she was about 7 months old but we had a horrible time with them. Her breastfed poopies just oozed right out of them (of course I probably didn't fold them or secure the correctly. I am definitely cd disfunctional.

MyBabiesCome1st - I've been to the Natural Babies site, I've been looking at the kissaluvs package (have heard great things about these diapers) but also was looking at the basic cpf package. I will probably get both kinds, some that I can use and some that dh will be able to use. If I went with only cpfs then I'd be the only one changing diapers.

OK, this is sorta in the area of diapers, just not having to do with babies..... Is anyone dealing with hemorhoids? I've never had them before but seem to be having problems this time around. Any good cures? I'm trying some of the various creams out there (so much to choose from) This is probably WAY too much information, but they don't really bother me until I have to go to the bathroom so I guess they are pretty mild.
#15 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 06:45 PM

Sherri,
YES! I am having a terrible time with hemorhoids. I think I have always had them (TMI) but they are really bad right now b/c I've been dealing with AWEFUL constipation. I've read that prevention is best, but once you have 'em what do you do? I have also read that if you prop your feet up on a stool of thick phone book it is easier on the hemorhoids when going the bathroom. You should have seen (well not that you really would want to, lol) the possitions I've been in to go the bathroom! They don't always hurt (so I guess they are still not too bad) but if I sit the wrong way...OUCH! I don't know what to do to get rid of them though. Ugh, they are aweful!

Amber
#16 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 07:37 PM

Sizzkid, I don't know if this would be up your alley but a long time ago Rightstart (I think) had a coat that was made so you had enough room to put your newborn inside with you. I'm sure it wasn't like a built in thing but if you are the slinging type. I'm sure it would have enough room for a pregnant belly. Then you could have something that was functional afterwards, too. I'm in Texas so I'll still be wearing shorts most of the time by my due date.

As for cding... I'm cding #2 and we've always used cpfs and proraps but don't buy the ones with the buckles. They suck. They're made from something different for some reason. My system is the cheapest and it works. I have done everything you are not supposed to do with my wraps and have only had to replace a few size med. because my kids stay in that size the longest. I'm thinking of branching out into some cute covers but I can't spend money on things that don't work. BTDT. www.dy-dee.com has some good prices but I've never ordered from them. I'm contemplating that right now because you get a pretty good deal on 1/2 dozen wraps. I'm buying newborn cpfs for #3 because the diaper service we used with the others has gone way, way up in price and 3 dozen cpf will be so much cheaper. I already have newborn covers. Bought them gently used from the service for #1, BTW and have no reason to purchase new ones. Newborns will only be in that size for about 4 mos. so they don't get as much wear. If I splurge, I'm skipping to the med. sizes because I'll get the most use out of the covers.

Oh! I recommend going ahead and buying a cute stool for the bathroom. Somewhere along the way I figured out it was much more comfortable for potty time and you'll have to buy one eventually for the kid to use anyway.
#17 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 10:01 PM

I don't know why it has taken me so long to post here. Normally, this would be right up my ally. Attribute it to the continual brain fart I seem to be having.

Can you add me, do you the have room?

Jenny~12/11/03~girl by intuition, will confirm by u/s tomorrow at 4:00. (can you tell I want to know?)

A little about me: This is our fourth and our last. We are very excited and hoping for a waterbirth this time. I can't wait until I am holding this little sweet one. Sigh, I am a sucker for a baby (but really, who isn't?)

On another subject, digestion. Is anyone else having trouble digesting everything? Any suggestions?

Jenny
#18 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 10:05 PM

Welcome Jenny.........

I don't know about digestion problems, but I just can't eat more than a few bites of anything, then I feel achy for HOURS.

Let us know what the u/s tells............

Chelly
#19 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 10:32 PM

I do the same thing, eating a few bites here and there, but I seem to be constantly eating. Dh laughs at me because within an hour of eating, I'm hungry again. :
#20 of 277 Old 08-03-2003, 10:48 PM

I am so glad someone mentioned the digestion thing, I am noticing that suddenly. I went out to eat for an early dinner tonight and I've been in pain ever since - my belly feels so stuffed and sore and I actually was short of breath! I didn't even eat that much, just what a typical 'big' meal would have been before I got pregnant. (Meaning: alot, but not enough to ever make me miserable for hours before)

I thought this stuff didn't happen until late in the pregnancy, could it be I am running out of room in my abdomen for a full stomach already? ack!

flowersforyou.gif

#21 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

OK, I added more names and genders!

Quote:
I've never CD'd before either, (this is #1), and I've "barely" ever used disposable diapers on a baby. I used to babysit for neighbors and stuff when I was younger, but most of them were potty trained. I bought 24 CD's from 2 different ppl on EBAY, and I think I spent a total of about $63 including shipping! Pretty good huh? I'm so proud! I only bought size small, but I plan to re-sell some of these when we start to outgrow them and put that money into buying Medium sized dipes, and so on. It's a cool investment plan! LOL!! Someone on the diapering board gave me that idea. It makes sense.

OH! but back to the kind I'm using~~I got 15 Gerber pre-folds from a friend for free, and the 24 CD's I just bought are AIO's from varying companies, (6 Enviro Diapers, 2 Carousel, and the rest are all 100% cotton w/ velcro closures, but doesn't say who made them) I'm going to use the GPF's as soakers in the AIO's and for overnight use. Hopefully that will extend the life of the dipes.

HAHAHA~~No 'roids here!! But I feel sorry for all of you that have them. I'll prolly end up with them eventually, so you guys just curse me all you want...I'm gonna enjoy my happy pooping time while it lasts! LOL

Digestion~~Yeah, I have the same problem. I can't eat as much as I used to, I can't even finish a sandwich. but I'm still hungry all the time and I want to eat, I just can't.

Zaq0001~~We have the same due date!! that is so kewl!!!

#22 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

I forgot to mention~~we decided on a nursery theme. YAY!! I have a huge stuffed panda bear collection that I've been compiling since I was 6 y/o, and they are in a closet collecting dust. So, we decided to paint the room like a bamboo forest and we are putting up shelves and those hanging baskets for the stuffed pandas to live on.

It will be so cute! (and also my **dream** room!!) I *love* pandas! In fact, this baby's first halloween costume is gonna be a panda outfit, and we're gonna have panda posters, and pandas on our clothes, and pandas on our dishes, and pandas on our...well, you get the idea...I'm obsessed!! LOL!!!

#23 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 01:49 AM

Christie,
For halloween this year, you're gonna have to paint your belly black and white!!!
with big eyes or something...

What are all of you guys planning for halloween?
We normally have a costume contest at work, and I'd love some idea's on how to take advantage of the big belly!
#24 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

I'm gonna be a biker... no really, I am!

I'm gonna wear a harley t-shirt that's too tight with a pack of smokes rolled up in the sleeve, draw a tatoo on my arm, draw on a goatee, wear some tight low-rise jeans, (so you get the whole "beer belly" effect), and get a harley doo-rag to wear in my hair, and some killer biker boots.

Basically, I'll be my dad for halloween!! LOL!!! His biker/beer belly is bigger than my pg belly!

#25 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 10:31 PM

I just got kicked off the internet via dial up modem and I am so not happy. My cable modem has been out for 2 days now and I was having withdrawls!!!

So, I went to the doctors today. Gained 5 lbs!!! dh was holding ds2 when the m/w started to listen to Angelica's hb and ds2 started dancing in Daddys arms. I thought that was so cute.
I met the most awesome midwife today! She was so excited when she asked if I was going to go to the birthing center to deliver and I said yes! I hope she's there when the time comes!

My mother on the other hand was not so excited when I told her about the birthing center. She kept going on and on about how your suppose to stay in the hospital for "so long" to make sure nothing is wrong with you or the baby. I dred the next time I talk to her! I told her that i didnt call her to get stressed out so I was saying "goodbye" now.
I need to click submit before I get the boot again and loose everything I have typed!
I'll be back when the darn cable company gets my internet back up.
Tammi
#26 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 10:44 PM

OMG I hadn't even ThOuGhT about Hallowe'en! What fun... what possibilities. I could be an M&M! or a gumball!
#27 of 277 Old 08-04-2003, 11:37 PM

Oh, I think I am in shock! We are having a BOY! No doubt about it. I got a sneek peek at the u/s today, I loved it. She also did a 3d u/s which was way too cool. The picks are neat and I need to scan them so I can show them off.

So, inuition out the window. My poor little Laura will be the only girl in the bunch . Oh well, we will take him he is so healthy and looks great. They moved my due date to 12/19/03 (a week later) and it is exactly what we thought. We will probably have a Christmas baby, I have a tendency to go over. So, Christy, sharing a due date was fun while it lasted .

Can you change my info? Jenny~baby boy 12/19/03 Thanks!

Tammi~No one was happy at our decision with a Birthing Center last time. Especially my MIL and my own mother. We ignored them and did it anyway. Turns out they were really impressed with the whole thing and thought it was fantastic that I got to rest at home. Don't worry, they will see in the end how wonderful it really is.

Jenny
#28 of 277 Old 08-05-2003, 12:07 AM

Hey Jenny, I also was thinking about a 3D us. they're so expensive, but I figured this will be my last chance! The place I called said I should be between 25 and 30 weeks to get the best pictures - a basic u/s is $190. The only reason I'm doing it is my DH wants to find out the baby's gender, I'm not sure I want to know - but when he finds out it will probably eat me alive till I do know! (mark down that mommy thinks its a girlie this time)

Anyway, for halloween I was thinking of doing something like painting the belly like a pumpkin, and wearing green clothing, with leaves and stuff hanging off - but I'm not sure about that, just a thought for now.........
(perhaps I can add wings and be a pumpkin fairy - I've always wanted WINGS)
Well we have 2 1/2 months or so to think about it.... perhaps I'll post a thread on the "talk amoungst ourselves" - I'm sure there are tons of idea's out there.

HUGS
Chelly
#29 of 277 Old 08-05-2003, 12:48 AM
bec

Oooh! Me too!

I'm due on December 8, and we won't know what the baby is until then! I'm leaning towards another girl (just a hunch), but don't really have any other clue. My doctor doesn't do routine ultrasounds. In fact, he doesn't really do routine anything! I have to pee in a cup every visit to check for protein, etc. But that's about it.

I haven't posted much recently because I've either been travelling, having family visit, or just been crazy busy this summer! I'm officially 22 weeks, though!

I've been feeling lots of kicks and movement in the last couple of weeks. And my belly has really popped out. It's amazing how fast it happened too! It seemed like one day, only I could tell I was pregnant, then the next I had this wonderful round belly! I love the second trimester!

I hope everyone else is doing well too!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#30 of 277 Old 08-05-2003, 01:17 AM

ooooohhh, can i be added?!
witchbaby-- boy by mama intuition, girl by daddy intuition, u/s august 26 to find out who's right!-- edd 12.25.03

i am HUGE. i am so afraid of what i'm going to look like by the end! no one at my new job knows i'm pregnant because i wear a baggy shirt which is currently masking the belly. within weeks, there will be no question-- but i have an interview somewhere else tomorrow, which i would prefer: keep your fingers crossed they don't notice the bulge and i get the job!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page