Anyone else switch to homebirth at 38 weeks? - Mothering Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By waitingmama
  • 1 Post By RobiN0963

#1 of 3 Old 11-03-2019, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else switch to homebirth at 38 weeks?

Background: I chose to "fire" my OB practice this week after the nurse practitioner I usually see was being suspiciously pushy about non-stress tests and weekly ultrasounds starting now. She mentioned how often women in my position (35, 6th baby) have to be induced or sectioned early. No health issues though-- I've never had a healthier pregnancy! My OB, who delivered my last baby and is super supportive of natural birth, is out of town the next two weeks. Can't help but feel the NP and the other OBs don't like my refusing tests and whatnot and were just waiting for him to leave to push me toward needless interventions.

So I called my former midwife (had the first 4 at home, 2 with her) and asked her to take me on as a client. She will, thankfully.

Anyone else here switch late in their pregnancy? I'm experiencing pushback from a few friends and am letting their fear get to me. Maybe I am too old! Maybe I was just lucky the first four times! I mean, I pride myself in being something of a homebirth pro-- even had an amazing planned breech at home with a lay midwife. Switched to the hospital birth center for purely financial reasons last baby and went ahead and did the same this time. Just feel like my head is spinning from such an abrupt switch, even though I'm super relieved to be at home again, and wondered if anyone else out there experienced the same. Thanks in advance for any insight
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-27-2020, 12:29 AM

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
I hope you had your baby at home and that it worked out for you.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#3 of 3 Old 08-18-2020, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm thinking of doing it! But I'm afraid that something might go wrong and I will need to be in a hospital
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page