Happy Holidays from Nature Kiddos! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-28-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Natural Childhood is a wonderful support forum for those looking to chat in a peaceful place to other homeschooling mothers.

http://www.naturalchildhood.mymamashouse.org/

Books available from Nature Kiddos:
NEW BOOK: A Gentle Childhood: Peaceful Guide for the Younger Years

Nature Kiddos
Hi! My name is Jodi and I am the owner of Nature Kiddos. : So much of our lives are being lived indoors but I have written guides to inspire a love for the outdoors and for a natural childhood. My writing is inspired by ideals from both Waldorf and early Charlotte Mason. I have seven books available:

Being Small
Being Small--for the parents of children up to age 2. This is a foundation guide full of ideas for nature walks, trips and outings, original finger rhymes and verses, toy ideas, book suggestions, clothing choices and so much more. It is written "friend to friend" for those starting their journey with the gift of a baby and toddler.

Naturally Three
--Creative nature based curriculum for the 3-5 year old child. This guide is an organized curriculum with monthly unit studies based on interests of the 3-5 year old child, such as bugs, wind, babies, etc. It is seasonally based and offers weekly activities, lots of art ideas, book suggestions, age appropriate story and fairy tale suggestions, and much more! Original movement verses are included with each month.

Living Four --This is a guide to the home for the parent of a young child. Thinking about the set up of your home and asking a parent to look deeper to see how the home nurtures the child. It also offers a monthly theme idea for the year on things such as art and baking. The guide goes through each room of the room and offers beautiful, inspiring, and age appropriate suggestions.

Becoming Five
--This is written for the five year old year. It is full of outdoor ideas, therapeutic stories and drawing ideas, meal ideas, clothing, and so much more! This is a year where a child may need lots of space and time and it offers many ideas for both of those needs.

Soaring Six --This is the guide for parents of the six year old. It discusses issues such as anger, temperament, water play, clothing, toys, snacks and much more for this age.

Each book was written by me as I went through the years with my little ones. They are real, they have real ideas for real moms, and they are meant to encourage moms to enjoy and experience the small and beautiful moments of childhood with their kiddos.

Nature Kiddos exists with the purpose of protecting the idea of a natural, wonder filled childhood that does not ask children to grow up too quickly. We are not considered a Waldorf company although my books are inspired by Waldorf thought (as well as some Charlotte Mason and unschooling ideas). Nature Kiddos has creative, unique thought and does not wish to be tied down to any sort of category. The books are written with children's ages in mind and the benefits of a natural, fun-filled childhood spent with many hours out of doors in God's creation. The books are written as an inspiration to mothers wanting to bring some order, organization, and nature to their homeschooling experiences or for parents who are not homeschooling but would love ideas to use at home.

I live in Amish Country, Pennsylvania with my wonderful hubby and two kiddos.

Natural Childhood

Books are also available as DOWNLOADS

Happy Holidays!

I hope that you had a blessed Thanksgiving with people that you love all around you. We had a wonderful day full of family, Autumn walks, pumpkin pecan pie, apple butter pie, and warm sweet potatoes. We played Uno together, talked, and had a wonderful, peaceful day.

As we move into the Christmas holiday season, I hope that this can be a time for peace for you and your little ones. There is so much fun during the holidays with little ones and so many opportunities for them to help you. Whether it is baking cookies, wrapping presents, or telling stories around a fire, this season is one that will stay with your little ones forever. If we can take some deep breaths, stay out of the shopping mobs, and think about Christmas through the eyes of our children, we may come out of this season blessed and peaceful.

Nature Kiddos would like to help you to get some time this season by offering a 2 day sale with the lowest prices of the year! Pour yourself a mug of hot spiced cider, or hot chocolate with marshmallows, or some herbal tea and come on in to our store. Stay for awhile, read some of our added articles from this past year, and spend some time browsing our book selection. You can start a great new year with your little ones...just a bit more organized, a bit more motivated, a bit more gentle, and maybe even a bit more natural! Start now by reading some of our books written especially for moms who are wanting to slow down and bring more of the simple life into your homes.

Don't forget to check out our book especially for parents with children who are a bit "more." Whether you have an indigo, rainbow, or crystal child, a spirited child, or a child with special needs, this book was written for you. I believe that these children benefit greatly from a therapeutic environment that embraces them with love and with peace, and I have tried to bring a lot of practical ideas to my book "Star Light, Star Bright."

We also have a new forum just for you called "Natural Childhood." We have over 150 moms coming together for support and chat on our message board. Some of our recent chats include things like Indigo Children, picking a Waldorf doll kit, simple Christmas gift ideas, what our dreams mean, and how to choose a dollhouse. We have are constantly adding new forums such as our new Montessori at Home board. We have special forums for Christian mamas, Catholic Mamas, those with eclectic beliefs, Waldorf homeschooling, a book loft, cottage store for WAHM moms, and so much more. You can visit us today at http://www.naturalchildhood.mymamashouse.org .

I wish all of you a blessed Holiday season of love. The beautiful Babe can live on in our heart and in the way that we relate and treat one another. Save a special few moments for a peace nap or cuddle with your little ones today.

Warm Holiday Wishes!

Jodi Carnes

http://www.naturekiddos.com

Owner of Nature Kiddos

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page