First day back to work... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SO I went back today. Six days ago I found out my baby died. People really say the strangest things. One woman evern said, "Oh yeah, I had 2 miscarriages. But it was really just blobs of tissue, not a baby." Really? You say that to someone who just lost a baby not a blob? I am not even angry though - people just don't know what to say. Was anyone else tired after having a d and c? I am so tired....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-21-2010, 09:17 PM

You're right mamalove, people really don't know what to say. My Dad told me that "it isn't a big deal". Not to be cruel, it's his way of trying to protect me by minimizing it. But people just don't know what to say.

I had a few other comments that I really wish people would have kept to themselves. And even if it might be true, we really don't want to hear that "everything happens for a reason". I really do find that comment so damn insensitive. How about shut up and be a shoulder for us to cry on?
#3 of 3 Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 PM

i went back to work tonight after losing my pregnancy this weekend...but I didn't tell anyone (I was only 10 weeks so I wasn't showing and hadn't let the cat out of the bag yet).

It was very difficult for me--especially since I work with children. I actually ended up canceling my last client and coming home early, which is how I'm now logged onto this forum! strange how life works, isn't it? here i sit in tears and i just read your post...

anyway, the one client i did tell said "oh yeah...i had a miscarriage. they are really very common." no compassion whatsoever. this is why i decided not to tell anyone else what i was going through. and guess who is no longer my client....

anyway, good luck, mama. people suck, but you seem like a tough cookie! just remember that this is your loss and your time to cope with it, so don't let anyone else dictate how you're feeling or what you need right now.

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page