Does anyone else have/heard of a "rowan's tree" pin? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 07-22-2004, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, mamas!

I was just curious.....has anyone else heard of or have a "rowan's tree" pin? My childbirth educator turned me on to a website started by a mother who had lost a son to stillbirth. This mother named him Rowan, and sometime after this heartbreaking experience, came up with the idea to design a pin in her son's memory. Check out the website at www.rowanstree.com. They have a picture of the pin, and more information. They also offer a free retreat on their working sheep farm.

My childbirth educator was sweet enough to order a pin for both myself and for my husband. I was so excited when she gave it to me! I put it on right away, and immediately felt this wave of comfort and closeness to Sophia. It was as if she were right there with me.....it felt wonderful to be able to wear something in her name. It is a very physical symbol for a very physical loss. It is a lovely pin.......round, a little larger than a quarter, cast in pewter with a sort of "bronze-y" looking finish, with an image of a rowan tree. On the roots of the tree is a little labyrinth. It a VERY nice pin, and a couple of people have already commented on it, which is great because it gives me a chance to talk about Sophie and acknowledge her! So I may not have a beautiful babe to "show off" for all my hard, loving work being pregnant.......but there is this pretty pin to wear in her memory. Frankly, for me personally, its done a world of good. It just feels so good to wear it......like she's there with me as I go about my day......

Does anyone else have one? Or am I the only one so far? I'd love to start a "fashion fad"..... I admit to enjoying the idea of all of us wearing one.....and then if we were to meet each other on the street, we'd recognize each other and our special "sisterhood"........

With the blessing of the Rowan tree to all, and thinking of all our sweet babes who have crossed over,

Jen (painted horse.......who early next year would like to try being "pregnant horse" again... )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-23-2004, 02:57 AM

i haven't seen these pins before...I went to the web-site...LOVE THEM..

Thanks for the info!!!

#3 of 8 Old 07-23-2004, 03:09 AM

love that site, thanks for sharing. wish i found that back when my son died...

#4 of 8 Old 07-23-2004, 11:52 AM

I really like the pins and what they stand for. For my lost little one I bought an italian charm bracelet (or a link-to-link charm bracelet.) It reads RIP CARTER and along with that i have some charms with hearts, and also charms with his birthstone. I got it for Clarie's (the sorta teenage jewelry store) but I've also seen the charms sold at other places and on the internet as well. (www.ladycharms.com) They have baby carriges, babies, bottles, i love my mommy too. You can go to www.claries.com to see what i'm talking about. I thought that some of you might like this idea also so i thought I'd share.

A little hint though if your going to buy alot of charms to fill the whole bracelet don't buy the starter bracelet just hook the charms themself together to make the bracelet. The starter bracelet will just get replaced with the charms.

Let me know what you think
#5 of 8 Old 07-26-2004, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Julie -

What a great idea! Good for you for thinking of it. It's given me the idea of making a bracelet for myself in Sophia's memory. I like to bead, so maybe I'll do that instead of a charm bracelet. But I love the idea of wearing jewlery in the memory of our beloved babes. Thanks so much for sharing that!

Peace and Healing to you,

Jen
#6 of 8 Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 PM

i'm glad you liked the idea hope everyone else does too
#7 of 8 Old 07-29-2004, 06:31 PM

Julie, this is a little of topic, but I am going to ask any way. I had been looking at alot of italian charms, and I decided to go ahead and buy myself some. Well I bought them from ebay, and they are just wonderful, but I don't know how to put them together. I was wondering if you could explain it to me in a way that I could understand. Some days I am not as adept as others.
#8 of 8 Old 07-29-2004, 08:37 PM

it's hard to explain in words it's easier to show. but i'll try lol. you hold one charm w/ thumb and index finger. push thumb one way and index finger the other. Do another charm the same way and then you should be able to tell how to do the rest. the only way i can explain how they hook is to say that the middle of the back of one charm slides into the side of the other charm. if u still can't do it let me know and i'll try to explain better.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page