how long did it take to conceive after m/c? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 02-21-2003, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! As you can see, I'm pretty chatty and inquisitive today...

I was wondering how long it took you to conceive after a m/c. This was our first time trying after the m/c...it didn't take us long to conceive last time so I was hoping...but I'm not pregnant. Just found out today.

I do take comfort in feeling that my body has "wisdom" and that it wasn't quite ready yet. That maybe I'm meant to grieve a little more...that maybe something would have gone wrong if I did conceive so soon after...that maybe next time I will be strong and the baby "will stick around".

It would make me feel better to know how long it took some of you though so I don't have such "high expectations" on myself. Thanks for listening!!! You are lifesavers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-21-2003, 11:48 PM

Sorry about af showing up! {{{ HUGS }}}

I have always conceived immediately after my early miscarriages (4.5 to 5 weeks), but this time i had a later one, so don't know yet what will happen.

I have a related question for the board though, about whether it's possible to ovulate already when hcg isn't back to zero yet? Or will it be have to go back to zero before ovulation happens? I know that hcg shots are given to stimulate ovulation in medicated cycles. So I know you can ovulate with hcg. But in that case the hcg was zero first while leading up to ovulation, then the trigger shot makes ovulation happen. I am wondering whether it can happen if there still is m/c hcg in your system.

Karen
#3 of 9 Old 02-23-2003, 01:56 PM

Maybe dh and I are unusual, in that we've never "tried " to conceive. It always happens on the first attempt. We've not used any birth control other than a laid back version Natural Family Planning ( no temps), which I guess is basically a calendar method.

I had 3 children when I was ages 24, 27 and 30, then 3 miscarriages. No problem getting pregnant there, just staying pregnant past 10 weeks. In Sept I had natural miscarriage that lasted about 10 days, and then about 4 weeks later, had a normal period. Two weeks after that, I got pregnant again with this current baby, and am up to week 21 so far. Now I am 37 yo.

Best wishes to you Abylite. Sorry for your disappointment this week. I know it's a big letdown for you, to be waiting on a first baby. (((hugs))). Don't give up.

Love,
MM

#4 of 9 Old 02-23-2003, 05:19 PM

I don't have an answer for your question as I am still ttc#1. I also mc, in November. This is our third month ttc after mc. Hopefully this will be the one!

We were not ttc before the mc though. So I don't know how long it would have taken before. The first pg was a surprise. It was so much easier that way...:

Good luck and take it easy on yourself. Stress won't help... (I think that's my problem)

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 9 Old 02-24-2003, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I had my miscarriage right at the end of July, then my period came towards the end of August, so I waited three cycles before I started ttc again. So August, September, October, and I started trying in November/early December. I wasn't charting or anything, but I'm sure I didn't ovulate that month because I didn't have my normal symptoms (pain and cervical mucus). December I did feel that I ovulated, but I guess I had sex a little too late because I got my period on December 20th. Then I got pregnant the third time we tried, and I'm pretty sure that was right on January 1st.
#6 of 9 Old 02-24-2003, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by naturegirl
I also mc, in November. This is our third month ttc after mc. Hopefully this will be the one!
Hey, good luck to you! The third time was the charm for me.
#7 of 9 Old 02-24-2003, 03:29 AM

to conceive dd after our m/c. What made it so much harder was that we conceived the first month we tried! Had the m/c at 6 weeks. We waited 2 months after that, but not totally by choice...DH was away (military). So 4 months of ttc after that, and we got pg.

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#8 of 9 Old 02-24-2003, 04:33 PM

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks on October 10 and although my next AF took 6 weeks to come, I was pregnant shortly thereafter (conceived in early December), so about 8 weeks and a couple of days after the m/c. It was only one cycle, though.

I'm now 13 weeks along, and doing really well; an ultrasound in early February showed a strong heartbeat, etc.

good luck,
darcy
#9 of 9 Old 03-03-2003, 02:52 AM

I m/c at about 9 weeks and it took about a month to get my hcg levels back to normal. So after that it took 5 mos of very active trying.
It took me 1 yr to get pregant with my first so I was worried it would take as long, luckily it was a little faster.
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page