ripped off w wool diaper covers. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-15-2014, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
ripped off w wool diaper covers.

ugh. I';m just so disgusted. 2 MONTHS before ds2 got here, I ordered wool diaper covers from an etsy shop. My order only HALF arrived 3 days before I had him at home. I say half because I ordered over a dozen covers, plus lanolizing, plus extra lanolin to redo them as needed. I've never CD'd before so I wanted to be stocked and set to go. Well. the diapers came w a note saying they had JUST been lanolized ( they were STILL WET!!!) And that my extra lanolin was in a 2nd box, on its way. It never showed up. Well, a few weeks after ds2 was born I tried out the covers. they didn't fit AND soaked through the first time he peed. I emailed the shop, only to get no reply then discover they had completely closed!!! So, I'm p*ssed! stuck with over a dozen wool covers that don't fit and aren't even remotely moisture resistant! I tried to contact etsy, but because we paid directly via paypal, they say we are S.O.L. That's not even the worse part, my husband, now, doesn't want to give up the awful disposables!!!! even tho he changes MAYBE 4 diapers a week. We bought a diaper sprayer that he wants to return and everything. I don't know what to do, these wool covers are pretty useless to me now, and I have a TON of prefolds, inserts and those elastic catchy diaper pin substitutes

Does any one have any suggestions??? I'd love to swap them, I think, but how/ with who? Such a shame.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
That sucks

How are they made? Recycled sweaters, or knitted? Are they felted and how thick are they?

You could get some PUL covers while you figure out what to do with the wool. That way you can at least use the rest of your stash. They are pretty easy to find, used or new, and you don't need too many.

Karla (25), loving having and growing a family: my amazing DP, DS (2), DSD (7). Expecting my second
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
early May and so excited to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 6 Old 12-15-2014, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Oh man! I have no ideas on using the diapers just lots of sympathy, it is so frustrating to get a bad bargain. Can you file with PayPal? They might be able to give you a full refund, especially if the seller has other similar complaints filed simultaneously.

#4 of 6 Old 12-16-2014, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks Ladies. Unfortunately, paypal only does 30 days from transaction. We did open a claim initially, but then she sent the diapers so we closed it. Looks to have been a bit premature. ;-( These are mostly new wool, they don't feel felted to me, they're supposed to be new, light weight wool and spandex blend, but honestly I have no idea if that's even correct. They are nice, that's not the issue. I think I might try and resell them as is, I know SOMEONE can lanolize them and use them.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#5 of 6 Old 12-16-2014, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Sounds like they don't fit is the first problem. If it doesn't fit, it won't work as well, period. Next, what are you using underneath? If it is a natural fiber, like cotton or hemp, it might not be prepped or stripped properly, and therefore not absorbing like it should.

If they are actually poorly made, that is another issue. You can try and resell them, for sure. But, first, I would check around on Facebook and see if you can get a hold of the maker (or find a scam page about her). There was a ring sling maker who had issues with customers, then got a couple Facebook people really angry so they shut her etsy shop down, and she still has an entire group devoted to helping people get their stuff back in order. anyway, she was redoing orders if people contacted her via her personal Facebook page. Should you have to do this tracking down, no: it's just an idea worth trying. second, try to call PayPal anyway. They have been known to freeze people s accounts and reimburse customers after the 45 day window if it is a business that is proven scammy and has had this issue before. They can at a minimum provide updated contact information, so you can get a hold of the wahm directly. Best of luck on the husband conversion, mine has agreed to cloth all day, one paper at night, and, paper any time he will have to do the changing. It's a huge money saver.
#6 of 6 Old 03-16-2015, 02:08 PM

Location: Tel Aviv Israel (not politically aligned) / Pittsburgh, Pa
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
this may be waaaaay to late, but there is a site, clothdiapertrader.com and you can sell them or trade them for what you are looking for. i hope you didnt give up on CDing, I have had my fair share of struggles with CDing (and am in the middle of another diaper crisis with not enough covers and my prefolds all shredded, but nevermind that), but with 3 guys in diapers at the same time, if we ended up having into buy disposables, i would never eat. i actually came ito CDing a very round about way, i hand sewed my own for my daughter 6 years ago when she was a baby and i completely suck at sewing, they didnt hold in anything and the 2 of us constantly smelled like pee.... i didnt know that there was such a thing as modern cloth diapering and had thought that there was no option outside disposables. all that to say, i really hope you didnt give up! if its not too late, try that site =)

Be Good Family =)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page