Bamboo Diaper Inserts? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-30-2018, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Bamboo Diaper Inserts?

Hi! My son is 10 months old, and we've been cloth diapering since he was about 3 months old, give or take. I'm looking to retire all of the microfiber inserts that came with most of my diapers, and I'm having a tough time deciding on what to go with instead.

I use pocket diapers - Kawaii Good Night Heavy Wetters at night, and mostly Alva pockets during the day.

I have a bunch of charcoal bamboo inserts that I'm using during the day, and they seem to be working well. I just don't have enough to stuff all of my daytime diapers with them, so the rest get microfiber. I think all of the bamboo inserts that I have are five layers - three layers of microfiber sandwiched between two layers of bamboo.

I'm debating between buying more of these, or buying some that are 100% bamboo terry (4 layers) instead. But since I don't have any experience with them, I'm hesitant to do so. Does anyone have experience with them? I guess my main questions are:

. Are they more absorbent than microfiber?
. Do they absorb liquid quickly?
. Can they be used alone?

I'm getting conflicting information online. It looks like most inserts that are 100% bamboo are doublers, and are used in conjunction with another insert. I'm worried I'll spend $30 or more on inserts and then have them not work for my purposes, but if they'd work better than the bamboo/microfiber combo ones I have, then I'd really like to try them!

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-17-2018, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@elysianlove88 Microfiber is usually made of synthetic materials. Fast absorbing though it has a shorter lifespan from other material. It can last about a year. Hemp, it holds twice as more than microfiber. Bamboo is highly absorbent natural fiber and remains soft after wash.

At nighttime, I'm using charcoal bamboo inserts along with diaper liner. Two inserts and it last the entire night. During daytime, I use pampers (pampers.com) or cloth nappy since it's cost effective.
#3 of 3 Old 05-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Look at Tots for Bots. We have some and they are super soft. Their website also says Bamboo absorbs liquid 70% faster than cotton.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page