I need some diapering help. What to buy? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 06-01-2018, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some diapering help. What to buy?

First of all any of my old crew here? It's been 15 years since I have diapered my son. So I need the dirt. What's new and must have?

Shelly-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, which one do you prefer disposable diaper or cloth diaper? I personally use a disposable nappy - Pampers because they are so freaking convenient. I stuck up 150 pieces that I will be using for first two weeks. I have bought some essentials like wipes, rash cream, portable changing pad and burp cloths.

Last edited by naomi_w; 06-03-2018 at 11:01 PM.
#3 of 4 Old 06-14-2018, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
May I ask why you need this advice now 15 years later? Is your kid a bedwetter?
For my 13 yo bedwetting daughter I use mostly cloth diapers anc plastic pants and disposable diapers only at special occasions like when there is no washing possible.
I hope that helps

#4 of 4 Old 06-26-2018, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello there, Maybe you've always planned to be a cloth-diaper parent. Or maybe the idea of using anything other than a disposable diaper has never even crossed your mind. Either way, when it comes to cloth diapers vs. disposable diapers, you should know that nowadays, a case can be made for both. Cloth diapers have come a long, long way! When it comes to comfort there's no huge difference between cloth diapers vs. disposable diapers here, as long as you change baby’s diaper when it’s full. Leaving on a soiled diaper (cloth or disposable) increases risk of diaper rash and doesn't feel so great for baby. Disposable diapers are more breathable, but their moisturizing, absorbent chemicals irritate some babies. Some babies might prefer the softer feel of cloth diapers. Forget the complicated folds and scary pins moms had to deal with in the past. Now cloth diapers come with Velcro or snap closures making changing time just as quick and easy as with a disposable. Cloth diapers also come with well-designed shapes fitted to baby, waterproof bands around the waist and legs to prevent leaks and removable linings so they work just as hard as a disposable. Just keep in mind cloth diapers aren’t quite as absorbent, so you’ll have to change them more often. A typical family can spend between $2,000 and $3,000 per baby for two years on disposable diapers while cloth diapers and accessories run about $800 to $1,000 if you wash them yourself. If you go with a cloth diaper laundering service it will run you closer to the cost of disposables around $2,500 to $2,800. But also keep in mind that you can reuse cloth diapers on any new siblings that come along.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page