Any other wool as trim as a Wooly Bully - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've given up on ever getting my next elbee order, and with the cooler weather coming I'd like 2 more really trim, yet reliable wool covers. Any suggestions? TIA!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 05:34 PM

I have a Freshies cover that is just as trim as my wooly bully -- I think it's a Fittwrap.

Freshies

Also, I think Patchwork Pixie covers are pretty trim, too.

Patchwork Pixie

Not sure if that helps, since it doesn't look like either have any instock right now.
#3 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 05:35 PM

In my opinion Luxe Baby organic wool interlock covers are WAY trimmer than Wooly Bullys. I LOVE them both but that is just what I have noticed!

#4 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 06:47 PM

Hi there,
I don't have any Wooly Bully's (yet....) but my BBH trim-fit jersey cover is VERY trim. I think I use a size down though. I like things to snap tight and fit snugly (without cutting off any circulation, of course :-) So my son is 22 lbs, 12 months, and wearing a small. I also have a large BBH cover (no size mediums in BBH covers...) and it is also trim, but not as trim as the small. He is nowhere near the end of the snaps on the small either, so I can use it for a long time! And it wears like iron - i've washed it by hand a million times and it still looks great. Slightly faded but the wool quality, stitching, etc, is just perfect!
#5 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

hey, believie it or not i have a small trim-fit bbh jersey cover. i've only ever used it as a wio. i'll have to try it as a cover. and i'd love to get my hands on a luxebaby cover. thanks for the other ideas too. i'll be stalking those stores.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#6 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 09:51 PM

How about a Fuz easy? Depends on how they fit the babe, but mine is really trim on Josh. I actually prefer it to a Wooly Bully for day use. They are really soft, come on a lot of colors and ((GASP)) they are instock!
#7 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannect
How about a Fuz easy? Depends on how they fit the babe, but mine is really trim on Josh. I actually prefer it to a Wooly Bully for day use. They are really soft, come on a lot of colors and ((GASP)) they are instock!
Do you find it to be wide through the stride? They look so awkward on the baby on the Fuz site (like wide in the crotch which causes it to bunch up in front between the legs) but everyone raves about them so maybe that is just a bad photo?
#8 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 10:06 PM

I haven't found them wide in the stride. I'd size down though, I put my Medium DS (who has a large Fuzeasy) in his brothers small fuzeasy today and it fit so trim!! He was on the outer snaps, but it still fit good!! His large Fuz, he's on the tightest snaps, and it covers a bit more, but is still not as bad as that pic on the site. That kid must be wearing a size too big or something. Maybe they were trying to get the cover not to gap at the snap sites (mine all do) so the fabric between the snaps pulls up, KWIM?
#9 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max's Mami
Do you find it to be wide through the stride? They look so awkward on the baby on the Fuz site (like wide in the crotch which causes it to bunch up in front between the legs) but everyone raves about them so maybe that is just a bad photo?
I don't find them wide through the stride at all. Here are a couple of pictures of Josh is his ala naturale one with a FF underneath

Front of Fuz easy
Back of Fuz easy

Please excuse the polka dots on his legs. We spent this morning at the peds office because something has given him hives and I have no idea what it could be. :
#10 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 10:26 PM

Joanne, what size Fuzeasy do you have on Josh?

Oh and I have a couple of Loveybums that I think are really trim!
#11 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH
Joanne, what size Fuzeasy do you have on Josh?
It's a medium. The rise is a tiny bit higher then I'd like, but so is the Wooly Bully's. He could probably squeeze into a small if it wasn't for those darn thighs.

ITA Lovey Bum are supa dupa trim! I forgot about them.
#12 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 11:16 PM

awwwww Joanne i just want to pinch his cute chubby thighs!!! :LOL
#13 of 13 Old 08-25-2004, 11:50 PM

Toot Sweet! I just got one this weekend from another mama here and I am in ! Over a Cloud 9, that thing looks like a sposie under clothes -- I was amazed. AND it is so, so, SO soft ... and stretchy ... and did I mention soft?!? Oh, and someone has a similar one for sale on the TP, or did earlier today, anyway.

I'd size up with the Toot Sweet, btw. I got a large thinking it might be too big for DS but would soon fit DD. WRONG! It actually fits DS on the second to last snaps, and he is a skinny boy!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page