Forget about giant diaper butt what about giant diaper bag - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am heading out on a overnight trip tomorrow which will include three major stops...visiting some of my family for the day then onto the inlaws for overnight and then back to the city to a baptism and supper...all without going home.

This isn`t the first time I have gone away overnight and used cloth but at the time I had my diaper service prefolds so I had plenty for the trip and knew I would not run out, used sposie`s for overnight still and did not have some many people I wanted to impress with my few beautiful diapers....so my diaper bag is massive...well its not even my diaper bag as that would be way too small to carry all the diapers I have it in a big shopping bag lol
I am even bringing my B list diapers(you know you have them) just in case and will use at my mil`s as she doesn`t really get excited about my dipes. To save my few show dipes for the main events. lol
What the heck does one do when they go for several days?Pack a suitcase?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 12:15 AM

I would put them in a seperate bag and leave what I dont need at the time in the car.
I actually always put my dipes in a smaller bag and everything else I need goes in the big bag.
#3 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 01:16 AM

:LOL I know what you mean. When we go on trips most of the space in the car is taken up by diapers.
I just load up the baskets that are on my changing table shelves with all the diapering stuff and throw 'em in.

#4 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 01:24 AM

Yep-when we go for even just a long day somewhere, we have our regular diaper bag, plus a second LARGE bag of diapers and change of clothes. I stock the diaper bag as full as I can with dipes..then fill up the other bag and keep it in the car. We just went away for a weekend and had one suitcase of everyones clothes.....and a huge duffel (bigger than our suitcase) of just diapers.
#5 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 01:30 AM

Hmmm, I'm scared. I am going to Portland and Seattle for a week at the end of this month and I really haven't given much thought to the diaper situation. I'm just bringing cloth because that's what we do, YK? However, I will be staying with family and will have access to a washer/dryer, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Plus I think I have a reasonable 3-day stash now anyway, finally, lol. And I have a HUGE Happy Tushies zippered Pail Liner that can come in handy, I'm sure.
#6 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 01:38 AM

Whenever we go away, we always pack a rolling duffle bag with diapers and carry them on the plane with us. It's as big as a small suitcase, and I get a kick out of seeing the faces of airline workers who say we have to check it. I say "no way, it our cloth!" That way if they lose our luggage, ds won't end up wearing paper towels. Icky! We also carry a small diaper bag with a few dipes in it.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#7 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 01:46 AM

I have a small laundry basket that I use for the car. Its great! Today we went to the park and I threw a bunch of stuff in there along with dipes and just carried it to the park. lol. There was another cloth diapering mama (intensity_too here on mdc!) there that had done the same thing! We thought we were kewl...
#8 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 02:02 AM

How many do you have?? I managed to get my whole stash (there was a lot of squishing, pushing and shoving ) into one of those smaller cases with wheels. I think it was about 30 dipes various shapes and sizes.
#9 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 02:51 AM

We had our first CD'ing trip recently--3 days with no washer and dryer, and we had only been doing cloth for about a month at that time. I packed nearly every single diaper and cover I had, even the ones that I don't like or don't fit that well... I was so scared I'd end up having to go buy sposies and dammit, I just wasn't going to do that! One whole duffel bag was just diapers and I turned the desk in the hotel room into a changing table. But we were completely successful and it turned out I had even overpacked. Phew! It felt like such a huge accomplishment and milestone!!

Good luck and have fun showing off those diapers, mama!
#10 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 09:35 AM

We went to Fiji for 10 days recently and I took our whole stash with us. We needed a whole extra bag oh well at least I didnt leave a whole lot of extra rubbish behind me like sposie using tourists :LOL
I am used to travelling with cloth now, I have a special overnight bag to fit them all in.
#11 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Not as many as you do Frances!!!!...I could jam them into a small suitcase but since I am just going away overnight a suitcase seems a bit much.
It`s my new fluffy ub prefolds that(and I am not even taking the full dz.)...but I have to take them they are the main part of my stash until some orders come in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesmct
How many do you have?? I managed to get my whole stash (there was a lot of squishing, pushing and shoving ) into one of those smaller cases with wheels. I think it was about 30 dipes various shapes and sizes.
#12 of 12 Old 09-18-2004, 02:31 PM

I have been on a couple of trips now with cloth and I put all my FB/HH/AIO in a rubbermaid container that is flat. Easy to pack around and I can leave it in the car and refill diaperbag as needed. I brought along a diaper pail liner that I hung on the door.

HTH

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page