I thought FB didn't stain!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 04-14-2005, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought that FB didn't stain. I remember reading that on the website. Now suddenly a bunch of my FB have stains on them. We've been having stink issues and this is really irritating. We have an all FB system, I have 24 stinky FB and probably half are stained!!

Sorry, I just needed to let that out. DD had a bunch of spinach last week - did that probably cause the stains? No other changes to her diet that I can think of. I'm in the process of stripping the dipes, will that help with the stains? We were having great weather but now it's rainy so I can't sun anything yet. I don't care about my stuffers being stained, or my wipes, but the stained FB really bothers me for some reason.

TIA!!

April
Mama to and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 04-14-2005, 10:48 AM

The stains should wash out within a couple of washes - otherwise you're right, the sun will take care of it.

As far as stink goes, I find that about 1/3 vinegar in the first rinse (or in a Downy ball) takes care of it for us.

Wishing your stink and stains GONE...

Me treehugger.gif+ Him eat.gif + DD flower.gif + DSS1 guitar.gif + DSS2 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif

#3 of 13 Old 04-14-2005, 12:23 PM

Make sure you do a cold rinse before your wash cycle. Sometimes I'll do two if I think it needs it

#4 of 13 Old 04-14-2005, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

My routine is a cold rinse, hot wash with detergent, and a hot wash with no detergent. I think the source of the stink and stain is a plumbing emergency that we had a little while ago. Our water was off while we fixed a pipe in the wall and the diapers sat dirty for a while, like longer than they ever had before. I should have gone to the laundry mat, but with everything else going on I didn't make it. Dh switched from washer to dryer without asking me, which probably help set the smell and stain. I'm still stripping, hopefully this takes care of everything. Thanks for understanding ladies!!

April
Mama to and
#5 of 13 Old 04-14-2005, 08:54 PM

I'm with you. Most of my Fuzzi Bunz are stained. The sun helps a little, but most are pretty bad.

I emailed FB...I'm washing exactly as reccomended. Who knows????
#6 of 13 Old 04-14-2005, 09:47 PM

Sunning probably wont get rid of the stains completely - that really only works on natural fibers so not fleece. But Sport Wash should totally take care of the smell.

If you can either rinse them right after she poops - like w/ a mini shower or in the toilet or put them strait in the washer (like fill the washer on the rinse cycle w/ cold water then stop it) to soak that should stop the stains from setting.

Even though you start w/ a cold rinse, if they have been sitting in a diaper pail or wherever even for a few hours the stain starts to set.

Good luck!
#7 of 13 Old 04-16-2005, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

I have stripped and sunned my FB. The stink is gone but the stains are not. Oh well. I just have to remember to take the clean looking ones when we are out and about, I get enough grossed out looks and comments already!

April
Mama to and
#8 of 13 Old 04-16-2005, 02:34 AM

The only time my FB stained was when DD ate blueberries. :LOL But even that came out after several washings. I also notice that the fleece looks less dingy after I strip them. I soak them in hot water w/ Dawn for a couple hours, and then wash as usual.
#9 of 13 Old 04-17-2005, 02:40 AM

some of my larges are stained (cream fleece) but none of the meds. weird. sunning didn't help, and i wash them every night.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#10 of 13 Old 04-17-2005, 02:13 PM

maybe it depends on the fleece??? i've never had any of mine stain, but got some off the tp that were. eventually the stains lightened. it is icky though :

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
#11 of 13 Old 04-17-2005, 02:32 PM

Hmm..I do a rinse with detergent and then a regular wash with baking soda, then another rinse followed by a hot wash.
#12 of 13 Old 04-18-2005, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max's Mami
If you can either rinse them right after she poops - like w/ a mini shower or in the toilet or put them strait in the washer (like fill the washer on the rinse cycle w/ cold water then stop it) to soak that should stop the stains from setting.

Even though you start w/ a cold rinse, if they have been sitting in a diaper pail or wherever even for a few hours the stain starts to set.
I think we are using less diapers in a day (dd holds it longer and then has a big pee), so I've been letting the diapers sit longer - until the pail is full. I really wish we'd gotten a mini shower, but at this point I don't know if it's worth it. DD is starting to show interest in the potty and with all our plumbing troubles dh would probably freak out, even though it's not a big deal. If we decide to TTC#2 soon I will get one. I've learned my lesson and will be better about washing now.

April
Mama to and
#13 of 13 Old 04-18-2005, 06:13 PM

I have found that a wash cycle with some oxyclean got most of my stains out. It isnt' something I do often just when I noticed a bunch of staining. You might give it a try.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page