DID I make a wool mistake??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I decied to be lazy and Now my heart is pounding.....
I decided that i shuld just wash my wool covers, ( not knit) in my washing machine. I would guess the wool has been felted before it was sewn with, but maybe not.
Anyway. I am wahing them in cool to warm water, ( ran warm for a a few minutes the switched it to cold) and i added my mnkeysuds wool wash. I have it set on a super delicate hand wash cycle....

PLEASE someone tell me I am not ruiningmy covers as I type. LOL I want to try this with some knit soakers I have but the fear s just too great!! LOL

Help me Im freaking. but give it to me straight LOL

Since i am on the topic, can felted wool covers be washed with the diapers? I just fetled a bunch of wool, and I was thining I should try it but wool scarses me..

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 07:56 PM

If it was already felted you're probably OK. The water temp makes a difference too - hot will felt it more than cool. I wash mine in the washer too without any problems.
#3 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 07:58 PM

:

Mama to 10 so far:Mother of Joey (23), Dominick (15), Abigail (13), Angelo (10), Mylee (8), Delainey (6), Colton (4), ID girls Dahniella and Nicolette (2 in July), and Baby 10 coming sometime in July 2015.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#4 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Cloth

Since i am on the topic, can felted wool covers be washed with the diapers? I just fetled a bunch of wool, and I was thining I should try it but wool scarses me..
I wouldn't - I wash my dipes with vinegar, detergent, and baking soda over two cycles. Wool I would wash seperately on delicate with wool wash. I wouldn't want the poop water with the wool!!!
#5 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you.
My update,
They turned out great, and they are well lanolized ( I think I added too much monkeysudz LOL) They smell yummy and they are laying to dry. No shrinkage at all. SO I got brave and i am washing my BJ marketplace soaker in COLD water with a tiny bit of monkeysudz.

OH man am I turning into a wool addict LOL

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page