Help Help Help Help - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am CD for the first time ever on my 16 month old and i am using prefolds....i do not get it at all and i am super frustrated....i fold it in three and fan out the back and the sides dont even reach each other...i use this snappie thing and it dosent hold anything...when i am done...i have this loose looking CD that is all loose around his leggs and butt....what the heck am i doing wrong? are there pictures on the internet that show how its done....i went to a site that shows how to fold it and i have that down but the rest?????
ahahahah help me please. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 05-22-2007, 10:51 PM

This is how I fold my prefolds.. and that is me doing it so I know this works for us.. Its pretty much what you are talking about besides fanning out the sides.. If you get just enough of the wings then you will get a snugger fit.

http://alexandria58.2mhost.com/~preemiec/prefolds.html
#3 of 12 Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 PM

What size pf did you buy? A 16 month old needs at the least a premium size, possibly a toddler size for it to be "snappi-able". Keep at it -- you can do it :

#4 of 12 Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 PM

Try the "twist" fold. Lay it on the floor flat, twist it in the crotch, and then pull it up the front and fold down the extra. Then snappi the sides. I've found it leaves the most room to snappi well.

Wife to DH of 10 years
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS (4/20/06)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD (6/13/08)
#3 Due Late May 2016!!!
#5 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 AM
#6 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

you gals are a great help...i have no idea what the size is...my friend gave these to me to try out...the snappy thing is also super tight on him. I stretched it out a bit but its so tight still. i will check out all of the info you gals sent me and check back in with you. thanks so much!
#7 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

its strange because the sides are short but the length is too long and it looks like he has a huge load in the front when i fold it down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfern View Post
What size pf did you buy? A 16 month old needs at the least a premium size, possibly a toddler size for it to be "snappi-able". Keep at it -- you can do it :
#8 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM

you might want to try it on a doll first. That way you can do it with patience without feeling rushed. It's hard to learn something new when you are rushed. my DDs dad still has a hard time with prefolds, so I save the fitteds for him

Don't get discouraged, soon it will click and you'll go "oh duh!" and you'll be CDing like a pro.
#9 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottothinkpositive View Post
its strange because the sides are short but the length is too long and it looks like he has a huge load in the front when i fold it down...
IT sounds like you have a good size, but I would try doing bikini twist so you have more material to work with on the sides.
#10 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 02:24 AM

Another option is just to tri-fold the prefold and lay it in a cover. It works surprisingly well for older babies that don't have runny poop anymore. There's always the chance of occasional poop on the cover, but I've never had a cover fail on me (at least not with solid poop). If the cover fits well enough, it's the easiest way to put a prefold on a wigglyworm toddler.
#11 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottothinkpositive View Post
you gals are a great help...i have no idea what the size is...my friend gave these to me to try out...the snappy thing is also super tight on him. I stretched it out a bit but its so tight still. i will check out all of the info you gals sent me and check back in with you. thanks so much!
I realized recently that I had never stretched my snappi out enough. Try pulling the sides harder than you think you should. It should "soften" up and then stretch more easily next time.
#12 of 12 Old 05-23-2007, 02:26 PM

One site that I loved for learning about cloth diapering is this:

http://diaperpages.com/index.php

She's got tons of info and great step-by-step photos.

Once you get the prefold folding down, you might fall in love with it. A beautifully folded diaper can feel like a work of art!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page