Do you stick to one or two main dipes as your system orlikes lots of variety? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started with prefolds and covers, hated them and sold the the covers all off within a few weeks. Then I went to all Fuzzi Bunz stuffed with the prefolds. I liked the FB but thought they were way to bulky with the prefolds, so I sold all but 12 of the prefolds and ordered 20 BabyKicks hemparoos...MUCH better! Then a friedn told me about Apro Strings, and I had to try them because they were so stinkin cute, so I ordered 6, LOVED them and found them to fit Abby better than the FB, so I sold 15 of my FB and bought 10 more AS. I did keep about 8 FB for night time use and when she will be in the dipe longer (car trips and airplane rides etc). So now that has become sort of my system. I don't have and have not tried any other dipes.

For me it is easy to have all the same trype of dipe so i don't have to think, everything is the same...stuff and snap Easy for dad, grandma etc.

What do you do? Do you like lots of types of different dipes or do you stick to all of one thing?

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 01:37 PM

At first I tried A LOT of various styles and types of dipes. But, now that I know what I like, I stick with it. I use 18 Stork Saver AIOs, 10 SOS fitteds, 6 Cuddlebuns fitteds, Bumpy and Bummis covers and sometimes so prefolds. At night, I use Happy Heinys stuffed with joeys.
#3 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 01:40 PM

I have a ton of prefolds but I use them mostly for stuffing my pocket diapers. If I really like a diaper then I'll buy a couple. With cosmic baby I have 3. Chumbas I have 11. Sos 10...etc. I have way too many and still plan on buying some more. Dh doesn't say anything about it! Thank goodness for that lol

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!

#4 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 01:41 PM

I have my favorites but I love trying new stuff out. My favorite dipes are Sugarpeas size 2's, Sugarpeas snap ins with a windpro cover and Baby Softwraps. But I must have 12 other different kinds of dipes in my stash. I think variety is a lot of fun. I would be bored if my stash were made of just 2 or 3 different kinds of dipes.
#5 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:13 PM

I used to have LOTS of various styles, too. But I've found my favorites and decided to stick with them Now my main stash cosists of 28 SOS and 10 Darling Diapers. Although I've kept some other dipes to have the variety, I love to see my stash has a unified look. For covers, I use Fuz Easy (6), Sugar Peas (3) and Fuzbomb (1), plus some sokers (LTK and Kool Sheep). At night, Nighty Newts with Aristocrat and Wooly Dreams.
#6 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:23 PM

I love variety and I like pretty much everything but aplix/velcro. Cannot stand the stuff. I would rather use pins then that stuff. My favourites include:
Cuddlebuns all types
Righteous Baby all types
Fuzbaby/Firefly all types
Luke's Drawers all types
Cloud 9 Softies all types
Jo-bo's fitteds
Darling Diapers fitteds
I am sure I forgot something but that is the gist of my fav's.
Oh yeah, SOS!
#7 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:32 PM

had a variety. I would use prefolds, fitted, wool and PUL covers, AIOs. It all depended on what kind of mood I was in, conditions for the diapering (night or outings or if DH would be changing)
#8 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:39 PM

I just started cd-ing about a month ago, so I keep trying new kinds of diapes. I never thought of selling the ones I did not like....thanks for the idea!!

Right now my faves are:

Green earth prefolds w/bummis covers
Liz's cloth AIO's
Bumkins AIO's are ok, but not super absorbant. They are very trim so we use them for outings with a doubler.
Angel Wraps quick dry AIO's - GREAT diapes!!

I have a million doublers and diapers.....I think I'll put some on e-bay and use the money to buy even more diapes I can't post on the MDC trading post yet because I haven't been a member for 60 days yet

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#9 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:40 PM

different ones but i like having my main tray of the same fitteds...

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#10 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:42 PM

I have my main system and don't branch out very often but lately I am branching just a little bit, funny thing is I know that dd is going to potty learn any time so I always feel like I am wasting money BUT the darn hyena's here have me curious now :LOL
#11 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:46 PM

A friend recommended Kushies Basics to me so I started out with some used (ebay). I thought they were fine, so I got some in the next size. Since then, I have discovered this WAHM world and probably would have done something different had I had full information. At this point, I am too cheap to switch to anything else. I also don't want to go through a bunch of trial and error. I've got the kushies + hemp/fleece doublers + some wool, some ME AF covers for day, Samuel Soakers + wool or fleece for night.

So, yes, we stick to one main system. It is good -- both my husband and my mom have learned the system and are happy to change diapers.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#12 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 02:51 PM

I like having a bunch of one kind of diaper but throwing in a few extras too. I have a dozen Cloud 9 Softies, a dozen SOS and a dozen homemade fitted dipes. I'd love to round out this stash with a dozen medium firefly (ha, ha) or el bee baby diapers, but i don't think either will happen any time soon.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#13 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like variety! DS wears fitteds with wool covers, pocket diapers, AIOs, a CPF with a Bummis cover... just about everything! I like having choices, like "Which diaper shall we wear next?"
#14 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 03:52 PM

I REALLY like cpfs - so I have 36 of them.
I really like Whisper Pants - so I have 9 of them.
I also have (1) BuzFuz, but would love to have more.
I have (12) SPs in Size 2 coming and I'm thrilled about that b/c I loved the size 1s.
I have (3) HH - and they are fabulous for when out and about or night-time, well heck, anytime, but I save them for the soaker hours! :LOL
Of course, my faithful SOS that fit Kenny perfectly.
Finally, I do have a couple of cuddlebuns, because the fabric was too cute to pass up.

I guess I do hodge-podge. My husband and I have a system. If it is an AIO, I don't slide it in a cover and put it on one side of the changing table. If it is an AIO, after I pull it from the dryer, I snap it up and slide it in a cover for the right side of the changing table. He knows then what needs a cover and what doesn't. We do this for the nursery ladies at church (in the diaper bag) too.
#15 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 04:49 PM

Well, with my first we did not have a lot of money so I used dsq prefolds and some decent wraps. With him I really loved the Bummis Snap Wraps, those were my favorites. I had no idea what I was doing so I just bought stuff on sale.

This time I am going for variety. So far I have:

2 aristocrats
1 stacinator
1 polar baby
5 prowraps
24 countour dipes
6 fuzzibuns
2 SOS
4 Bitty Buns fitted

And I'm going to buy a few more prowraps because the diaper service here sells them for $3. a piece.

Amy

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#16 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I like lots of variety. I have tons of different dipes. Dh likes to stick to one kind so I leave all the easy ones for him.

Mama to a teen and tween
#17 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 05:04 PM

We have a huge variety of dipes.

Since I injured my back though, DH is in charge of changing dipes so he needs something real simple!

FB w/cpf for day and Joey bunz for night

Bodinks fitted for poops - we're pretty at guessing when she's gotta go!

A couple of spares in case we run low: Apronstrings pocket dipe, Chumbas supertrim AIO, Keesterkovers plain jane aio.
#18 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 05:17 PM

I sew my own so if I want something "new" I just make one. I do love a little bit of a mix and have a handful homesewn PooPockets, 2 sugar peas, 4 testers from recyclebees and 3 lukes drawers (and some out grown fb's and plushies) . I drool over wahm dipes and wish I can have them, but dh and I can't condone the expense when I can make ds his dipes for A LOT cheeper and we know they fit and work well on him. So I just get some new fabric and make him a new dipe on a whim when I'm bored with what he has lol. Some are pocket dipes that need a snappi or pin (snappi for me thanks) or have snaps, some are with sewn in soakers with snaps or snappiable, whatever hits my mood at the moment. I play with thread colors and with fabric markers and yarn. That's the joy of being able to do it myself, but sometimes I'd really love to try some of those dipes out there that isn't MY style.

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#19 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 08:31 PM

I'm just getting into cd'ing my toddler so I have or have on order:

2dz UBCPF's
5 Bummi's covers
9 Fuzzi Bunz
2 Happy Heiny's
1 Aristocrat
1 WAHM Wool cover
2 WAHM Fleece covers
(and of course the Joey Bunz and micro fiber inserts)

Right now I'm using the cpf's w/ 3 bummi wraps (the other two are the whisper ones and are on order). I'm also using 3 of the FB since the remainder are on order too for special sizing. My mom just ordered the 2 HH for us and the Aristocrat and thw WAHM dipes are on order too.

It's gonna feel like Christmas when we get it all Once we get it all I may find what I like the best. I find that I do like variety though
#20 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 08:44 PM

I enjoy very minimal variety. For example, I mainly use prefolds, but I'm having fun with different kinds. ALL of my fitteds are side-snapping, all hemp with the exact same number of layers, even though they are different brands. No prints! As far as covers, I have more variety, but I use wool most of the time.

Boring, but it works!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#21 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 09:57 PM

For me 1 or 2 types works best. I like have a niform look to the diaper table so it is 2 doz premium CPF's and 2 dozen cloud 9 sofries. I have 3 SP jersey covers and 3 Fuz Easy's. Looking for some new wool covers to replace the SP thought they are getting small.
#22 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 10:01 PM

I like to stick with one or two things. I've got all Happy Heiny's and one Bumkins all in one which is so darn cute because its leopard skin. I've also got an Angelwraps quick dry all in one, even though I dont need any more I'll probably buy some more of these whenever I have some spare cash because they are absolutely georgeous. But basically, I like all in one type things, so I will probably never branch out and buy and fitteds or covers.
#23 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 10:29 PM

I like to have a stash of one or two types, but I keep changing.
I've gone from prefolds, to AIO's to fitteds w/covers at the moment.
My stash is mainly SOS (about 24-30) with Honeyboys (3 right now) or Chumbas fleece sandwiches (5) for nite.
#24 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
started with a slew of different ones to try...now stick to FB and prefolds...

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: EDD June 4th - BOY #3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#25 of 30 Old 07-28-2003, 11:44 PM

I have lots of variety. Um, lots. : Poor DH is completely befuddled. I just recently picked up a few AIOs strictly for him - I personally don't even like AIOs.

Although I just recently acquired a Sugar Peas cover and I have a few snap-ins on the way, and if I like those I might consider narrowing the focus of my stash.

Cole is only going to be a little baby for one summer, so I'm taking advantage of it. Once winter comes I'll start focusing more on the utilitarian side of diapering.
#26 of 30 Old 07-29-2003, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I like having choices, like "Which diaper shall we wear next?"
Me too! I have my "core" group of FB's and then I have a bunch of Cuddlebuns, a few SP's, a dozen cpf's (now too small to use the "right" way, but great stuffers), a TON of plain cotton fitteds that I'm thinking of selling soon (it's SO hard to part with the dipes, dontcha think???), a Crickett's, Apronstrings, HH, and I'm sure there are some I'm missing. I love going to change ds and picking out the diaper du jour!
#27 of 30 Old 07-29-2003, 12:36 AM

The variety was driving me crazy! My washing machine detaches the doublers and they were all different and it was a pain to match them up and snap them in...

Now I use my stack of prefolds and some fitteds for at night and for dh- but we use the fitteds so rarely and so few that it is really easy now to sort the diaper laundry.

Less variety is easier for me- less clutter- I am not organized by nature and need to make it easy on myslef by not having a lot of extra "stuff" around or I get overwhelmed.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#28 of 30 Old 07-29-2003, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just started CDing, and out of what I've tried I really like Fuzzi Bunz and I also like a plain old pre-fold in a Bummis Wrap!
#29 of 30 Old 07-29-2003, 04:14 AM

MamaMonica Im exactly the same!! Some people can have clutter and keep it all neat and tidy but Im not like that. I like my house looking perfect, but Im not a neat person by nature, so I just constantly declutter. I dont keep anything Im not using. My husband's family are all hoarders and I drive them nuts with the stuff I throw away or sell. I mean, they all had a go at me because I had no baby stuff left in the house when I fell pregnant with Eliza, my second baby had been born five years previously and was now a little schoolboy and I wasnt planning more children. I got the "see, you should have kept everything". My view is why would I want to keep a cot, a highchair and all the other paraphernalia if Im not going to need it? I sold it all, as well as all the baby toys etc etc.

And I guess like you say, that's why I like to keep the diapers simple and stick with one main system.
#30 of 30 Old 07-29-2003, 12:47 PM

I do prefer to have staples and not too much variety.

I started out using FB with JB full-time, to make the cloth transition easier with my newborn. That was simple, thank goodness. Then, started using hemp prefolds and some hemp fitteds. Got a bunch of wool covers. Got some chumbas. Then got all confused. I sold off a bunch of stuff.

So, I now stick with hemp prefolds trifolded in Bumpy wool when at home, AIOs when we're out, and hemp bikini-cut CB at night under a LTK.

But I am ordering a baker's dozen from Elbee (and my number is actually up!) so that we have fitteds for a DCP when I go back to work in a few months. She will be able to use AIOs or fitteds with wool covers.

I think it might be time to sell off parts of my system again to simplify.

Maya

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page